• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,101 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Northwest said:
5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Only 6k above the Heritage 7.0 in August. Maybe the right edge held it back?

I am actually surprised that it ended up receiving the QES sticker with that tan line or dust shadow running down the right edge.  

Then again, I believe the current crew of graders are supposedly downgrading books for this particular defect, whereas this was apparently not done to the same extent in the past.  So, maybe what you are looking at would have been a CGC 8.5 graded copy without the QES sticker in the past.  But since it's now been downgraded to only a CGC 8.0 with the undisclosed and continually shifting grading standards, it does deserve a QES sticker relative to the lowered grade.  hm  (shrug)

50 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I am actually surprised that it ended up receiving the QES sticker with that tan line or dust shadow running down the right edge.  

hm  (shrug)

What is QES (Quality Extra Spcl) sticker? Like CVA Exceptional so pay extra for the sticker in auctions from CC/Metro?

23 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

$107K for the 5.0 Tec 29 seems like a very strong result, but it's one of the nicest 5.0's I've ever seen.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=854565

Agreed. It did also have the label notes, but presented much nicer. A strong result given a 5.0 with no notes went for 95,600 last May on HA

46 minutes ago, Northwest said:
1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

$107K for the 5.0 Tec 29 seems like a very strong result, but it's one of the nicest 5.0's I've ever seen.

Agreed. It did also have the label notes, but presented much nicer. A strong result given a 5.0 with no notes went for 95,600 last May on HA

bottom right corner

17568993%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

On 12/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, Ltpink2002 said:

F6B7B248-17DA-4165-9D39-67ADB0432294.jpeg

“Paul” copy :banana:

I owned that once. Bought it from the buyer of the collection. Sold it to a local guy who in turn sold it to David Arnold who I assume immediately flipped it. Don’t know who the current owner is. Hope it finds a permanent home somewhere...

18 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

Here's a look at the one of a kind Manhunt #12 - https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=857054

Definitely a healthy sale price.

Maybe my favorite book in the auction. I like rare and this sure fits the bill. Hard to believe it turned up at an east coast flea market. There have got to be more copies out there. Maybe this price will fish out a few more. If not, it is way more rare than any of us realize. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Maybe my favorite book in the auction. I like rare and this sure fits the bill. Hard to believe it turned up at an east coast flea market. There have got to be more copies out there. Maybe this price will fish out a few more. If not, it is way more rare than any of us realize. 

When it was ~$5K I have serious thought to putting in a bid. I didn't need it, but the coolness of the whole thing was definitely attractive.

I suspect we'll see it listed at 2-3x price within a few months...

11 hours ago, tth2 said:

The Mystery Men 5 almost doubled what it sold for in the Berk auction, which I already thought was a very strong price. 

Truly this market is not for the likes of me anymore. :frown:

As a devout fan of the early Fox books, I think the Mystery Men 5 would have sold better in the Berk auction if it hadn't been surrounded by so many other key Mystery Men books that collectors place a higher premium on, such as #1, #3, and #10 (not to mention all the other Fox titles that were up for auction at that time). Just not enough money to spread around. The consigner of the MM5 on ComicConnect got a nice price because it stood out without any other competition. Sadly I wasn't the consigner! lol

7 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

That very same book sold in its original holder (old label) for $10, 350 on July 4, 2002 via Heritage.

With its current sale (same serial number, 2nd generation label) at $107,000, the realized gain is a whopping 933.82%. :whatthe:

3177622%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chain

1 hour ago, MasterChief said:
9 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

That very same book sold in its original holder (old label) for $10, 350 on July 4, 2002 via Heritage.

With its current sale (same serial number, 2nd generation label) at $107,000, the realized gain is a whopping 933.82%. :whatthe:

I tried. Someone tried harder. :frown: