• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

Anybody else noticed that the CC website has been down for what appears to be a major overhaul for the past week or so.

Was trying to pull up some of their past auction results and everything simply links back to the main Metro page stating that they will be unveiling a new and much improved website very soon.

Hopefully, this means that we won't lose access to all of CC's historical auction results once the new site goes live.  :wishluck:

26 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Anybody else noticed that the CC website has been down for what appears to be a major overhaul for the past week or so.

Was trying to pull up some of their past auction results and everything simply links back to the main Metro page stating that they will be unveiling a new and much improved website very soon.

Hopefully, this means that we won't lose access to all of CC's historical auction results once the new site goes live.  :wishluck:

Yep, but something truly amazing is coming.  Hopefully it has a Dancing Vinnie emoji.

Edited by batman_fan

On 12/29/2019 at 1:24 PM, lou_fine said:

Those archives did not appear to be complete. I don't know how they decide which sales to scrub--consignor or buyer request, maybe.

5 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:
On 12/29/2019 at 10:24 AM, lou_fine said:

Those archives did not appear to be complete. I don't know how they decide which sales to scrub--consignor or buyer request, maybe.

Yes, I agree with you about their Sold Items archive, as I believe they are a couple years behind or possibly made a proactive decision not to maintain it anymore.  :frustrated:

The one which I am referring to are the links from their auction email messages which gives you access to view every single individual lot that has been auctioned off.  Hopefully, these links will still be active and working once they do get their new revamped website back up and running again.  :wishluck:

On 12/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, lou_fine said:

Anybody else noticed that the CC website has been down for what appears to be a major overhaul for the past week or so

Kinda odd how long its been down, wonder if there's more to the story, like they got hacked or had some legal issues with the site?  Hard to believe they'd let it remain non functional for so long, they have to be losing money every single day its down.

Edited by szav

1 minute ago, szav said:

Kinda odd how long its been down, wonder if there's more to the story, like they got hacked or had some legal issues with the site?  Hard to believe they'd let it remain non functional for so long, they have to be losing money every single day it down.

I\'m thinking the same thing. And they owe me a book.

Just looked and there's a message at the top left saying that they are preparing to unveil a new and improved look to the website and to stay tuned.

I guess these things take time  and careful testing to make sure everything works flawlessly including the auction part.

31 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Just looked and there's a message at the top left saying that they are preparing to unveil a new and improved look to the website and to stay tuned.

I guess these things take time  and careful testing to make sure everything works flawlessly including the auction part.

Yeah, but I've been in Information Technology for 25 years and I have never seen a commerce site go offline for over a week just to upgrade the interface. Remember GPA? Their new site may have needed a little more work but they transitioned quickly from old to new.

Don't know why you would keep a site down, losing thousands everyday, unless it was compromised and the replacement was not quite ready to roll. Maybe Vincent could have given everybody at CC and Metro 2 weeks off for the holidays. Pure speculation of course but hm

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Yeah, but I've been in Information Technology for 25 years and I have never seen a commerce site go offline for over a week just to upgrade the interface. Remember GPA? Their new site may have needed a little more work but they transitioned quickly from old to new.

Don't know why you would keep a site down, losing thousands everyday, unless it was compromised and the replacement was not quite ready to roll. Maybe Vincent could have given everybody at CC and Metro 2 weeks off for the holidays. Pure speculation of course but hm

Vincent has been on Vacation last few weeks in Belize and think he was in San Diego on the 1st.

12 hours ago, woowoo said:

Vincent has been on Vacation last few weeks in Belize and think he was in San Diego on the 1st.

Would be cool if he did give everybody a couple of weeks off.

14 hours ago, woowoo said:
15 hours ago, Badger said:

Isn't this supposedly the big revamp of their website which they have been hinting at for the past couple of years?  (shrug)

I think it was supposed to have gone in last year, but looks like whatever they did turned out to be some minor fine-tuning from what I could see.

Well, if you are going to take a couple of weeks off, you may as well take it during the 2 quietest weeks of the year when nothing is really happening from a comic auction point of view.  Perfect time to give your key personnel some much appreciated personal time off, especially when their next big Event Auction isn't until March.  (thumbsu

Now, if they don't have it back up and launched by the end of next week, then I would be a bit more concerned.  hm