• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,123 posts in this topic

The site appears to be back up now, but none of the books I sent to them for their next auction are showing. What is showing are all my losing bids this year;) Site looks pretty.  I'm hoping they have just not fixed it completely yet.

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

The site appears to be back up now, but none of the books I sent to them for their next auction are showing. What is showing are all my losing bids this year;) Site looks pretty.  I'm hoping they have just not fixed it completely yet.

Do you have a link to the portion that's working?

As far as I can tell, not very much on their site is working at all, unless you want to slowly scroll through 97,000+ comics to find the one you want.  :screwy:

I don't even see a link to their next Event Auction which would normally be up and in the midst of being populated long ago.  :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Man, the new site is just hot garbage now. Am I crazy or can you not filter the comics you want to see by era? All I want is a way to browse the Golden or Silver age books, and then by genre, but what I get is the "pleasure" of having to page through 96,000+ results.

There is an "Advanced Search" button, at least for the listings on the Metropolis site. Not sure how robust the search engine is though.

2 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

There is an "Advanced Search" button, at least for the listings on the Metropolis site. Not sure how robust the search engine is though.

Yes, but the advanced search offers little more than what you can find in the sidebar filter options. It's absolutely useless for browsing (that and the actual bugs on the site, this thing was not tested well)

13 hours ago, SuperBird said:

basic search function still does not work for me. 

What are you seeing? When I run basic searches they seem to work (in Firefox, if it matters). I agree with the larger point that the site doesn't yet seem ready for prime time.

14 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Man, the new site is just hot garbage now. Am I crazy or can you not filter the comics you want to see by era? All I want is a way to browse the Golden or Silver age books, and then by genre, but what I get is the "pleasure" of having to page through 96,000+ results.

Definitely agree this is needed.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:18 AM, skypinkblu said:
On 1/19/2020 at 5:22 AM, Gotham Kid said:

With 27 books in the next auction, can't wait for the catalog page. :eyeroll:

I have 21, and I am not exactly thrilled right now.

If you have 77.7% of the books in the auction, I think the least CC can do is name it the "The Skypinkblu Collection Auction".

5 hours ago, tth2 said:

If you have 77.7% of the books in the auction, I think the least CC can do is name it the "The Skypinkblu Collection Auction".

Is that the new math lol? One of those posts

was from Peter;) He has 27 to my 21.

Cute, I am probably one of the last people who wants stuff named after me, but thanks. I think I will take the suggestion of someone here and call tomorrow since they are not answering emails. I know I'm just a tiny fish in their pond, but I am a customer and I wrote twice, weeks ago.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:07 PM, Zolnerowich said:
On 1/18/2020 at 5:51 PM, Sauce Dog said:

On 1/18/2020 at 6:12 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Yes, but the advanced search offers little more than what you can find in the sidebar filter options. It's absolutely useless for browsing (that and the actual bugs on the site, this thing was not tested well)

Are you talking about the same website here which Vinnie is referring to in Friday's Scoop article:

https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home  All /4/1/73/1014?ArticleID=238930

After all, Vinnie was quoted as saying the following:   “The websites have been completely redesigned, so our clients get the best experience possible. The programmers really knocked it out of the park!”

All I can say is that Vinnie must be feeling pretty woozy here and totally out of it if he cannot tell the difference between being beanballed by the programmers, as opposed to the programmers hitting it out of the ballpark for them.  O.o  lol

To top it off, I then received an email from CC on Saturday to announce their 2 new completely redesigned websites (i.e. Metro & CC) and to give it a try.  Why in the world would a business ask their customers to go onto a website to give it a try when half of the functions are still not working.  If that is called giving us the best experience possible, then I certainly feel sorry for any consignors that have books already on consignment with them.  How many more times are potential customers going to keep giving the site a try only to have it bomb out on them before they don't even bother trying anymore.  They really should have completed the entire site with all functions fully tested and working before releasing it to the public.   doh!  :screwy:

The issue extends far beyond search features.

For example: Below you will see a very simple CSS bug going on when you hover over an image and it becomes cut off. This is an OBVIOUS issue that would be caught in a few seconds of browser testing. This alone is a big red flag that it wasn't tested at all correctly (source: am a professional web developer. I do all my testing with browserstack.com)

1326990566_ScreenShot2020-01-20at4_57_38PM.thumb.png.bc918cc11c085bf9a02c353a6c4756ba.png

A few have mentioned that they are Consigning  in upcoming auctions and have emailed comic connect. Any word back yet? Just wondering about the turn around times in emails as my employer has told us for good customer service all emails should be responded to in 24 hours or less, even if you can’t solve the problem in that time at least let them know you are aware and working on it. It is disappointing as they were one of the auction houses that previously I have really enjoyed following and occasionally bidding.

On 1/20/2020 at 6:04 AM, skypinkblu said:

Cute, I am probably one of the last people who wants stuff named after me, but thanks. I think I will take the suggestion of someone here and call tomorrow since they are not answering emails. I know I'm just a tiny fish in their pond, but I am a customer and I wrote twice, weeks ago.

Well, any word from the gang at Metro and CC, or are they also not bothering to answer their incoming telephone calls because they are too busy wining and dining their programmers for "hitting it out of the ballpark" with their new website?  :taptaptap:  :screwy: