• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

I'm curious to know what folks think of CC's new method of enlarging book scans.  Instead of enlarging the entire book as they used to, they are now using a "magnifying glass" approach that allows you to see only an enlarged small portion of the book. I prefer the prior format.

I don't see anything about their new site that is an upgrade.  

Funny, I was just coming here to bump this thread to grumble and see you guys beat me to it.  lol

I really wonder if some of Metro's business has tapered off now that there's no longer a "100 Newest Additions" feature on their homepage. That was the *only* section I regularly checked on their previous site, and the only books I bought were from there.

When I try to replicate it doing a general search and filtering using the new site, there is no way to filter by era to get to just GA books. I can filter by genre but I would have to do the search over and over for each GA genre, and there are BA filler books mixed in. After clicking through a few times I just give up.

1 hour ago, Vince G said:

The search is horrible.  They did a horrible job in my opinion, because it's all about usability.  The old site was much more user friendly.

Seriously.  It's so non specific that you can't find what you want.  Try to find ASM and see how many tries it takes. 

46 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Funny, I was just coming here to bump this thread to grumble and see you guys beat me to it.  lol

I really wonder if some of Metro's business has tapered off now that there's no longer a "100 Newest Additions" feature on their homepage. That was the *only* section I regularly checked on their previous site, and the only books I bought were from there.

When I try to replicate it doing a general search and filtering using the new site, there is no way to filter by era to get to just GA books. I can filter by genre but I would have to do the search over and over for each GA genre, and there are BA filler books mixed in. After clicking through a few times I just give up.

Every.  Dealer.  Needs.  To.  List.  Their.  New.  Books. In.  Order.  

This is the best way to drive people to your site and encourage purchases.  I don't know why this isn't a thing.  

You can do it on the new site, but it's clunky and much less user friendly.  

Comics for sale > browse > show filters > sort by > newest buy now.  Then if you're on a mobile device you scroll until your thumb hurts and squint to see the description that's blurred out under the buy tab.  Easy enough?  Seriously, whoever designed this went for coding over usability.  

8 minutes ago, buttock said:

Seriously.  It's so non specific that you can't find what you want.  Try to find ASM and see how many tries it takes. 

Exactly.  I hit the same problem.  Searching for "Captain America Comics" brought up a whole bunch of unrelated matches and I had to sift through page after page to find all of the timely caps

1 minute ago, Vince G said:

Exactly.  I hit the same problem.  Searching for "Captain America Comics" brought up a whole bunch of unrelated matches and I had to sift through page after page to find all of the timely caps

But thank God you saw all of those bronze age cap reprints!

5 hours ago, buttock said:

I don't see anything about their new site that is an upgrade.  

If you were the kind of customer they want, you would.

I’m not an apologist for Metropolis but I have noticed that competent interface design is rare thing.  It’s not as straight forward as one might think.  When it’s done well, it looks very easy and effortless but in reality, an incredible amount of thought, experience and consideration went into it.
 :tonofbricks:

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

I’m not an apologist for Metropolis but I have noticed that competent interface design is rare thing.  It’s not as straight forward as one might think.  When it’s done well, it looks very easy and effortless but in reality, an incredible amount of thought, experience and consideration went into it.
 :tonofbricks:

All they had to do was tell their developer "Make it look and work like Heritage's site, but with enough differences that we don't get sued!" (shrug)

11 hours ago, tth2 said:

All they had to do was tell their developer "Make it look and work like Heritage's site, but with enough differences that we don't get sued!" (shrug)

After stealing comiclink's name and CVA idea, seems like they are now trying to steal their terrible website functionality. 

On 2/12/2020 at 9:00 AM, Gotham Kid said:
On 2/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, RareHighGrade said:

I'm curious to know what folks think of CC's new method of enlarging book scans.  Instead of enlarging the entire book as they used to, they are now using a "magnifying glass" approach that allows you to see only an enlarged small portion of the book.

ThumbsDownEmoji.jpg

23 hours ago, Badger said:

Not happy with it. :sumo:

+4

In full agreement with the rest of you here in terms of their magnify glass enlargement idea.  :p  :censored:

On 2/6/2020 at 5:24 PM, skypinkblu said:
On 2/6/2020 at 4:49 PM, lou_fine said:

Wow, just testing this Quote feature across multiple pages and it actually works.  :whatthe:  :applause:

Anyways, I also received a PM from a Michael Brill the other morning informing me that my concerns which I had posted here were addressed and for me to give their new redesigned website another try.  Without doing a lot of detailed testing, it does appear to be functioning a whole lot better although it might need just a bit more fine tuning here and there.  (thumbsu

Not sure when they will be running this supposedly test auction of theirs or when their next big Event Auction will be pushed off to?  Have you heard anything back from them and have you made up your mind on what you are going to do with your consigned books?  hm

I was not given a date. I asked to have my books held, I was told that would not be a problem...so I figured I'd watch and see what was going on and then decide.

Yes, probably the simplest and best option to take at this point in time if you are not in a hurry for your funds.  (thumbsu

Looks like there is absolutely no way that they will have their Event Auction up and running in time for it to end in mid-March.  Especially since I just noticed that Heritage have now taken over that March auction end date slot that had historically been used by CC during the past several years.  hm

19 hours ago, Vince G said:

I just searched for Captain America Comics, and all I got was golden age Captain America Comics. So not sure what you're doing wrong, but did exactly what you said and I got them. In the sort section, did you have it as "relevance" or "highest first"? Because both will give you all the golden age caps.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I just searched for Captain America Comics, and all I got was golden age Captain America Comics. So not sure what you're doing wrong, but did exactly what you said and I got them. In the sort section, did you have it as "relevance" or "highest first"? Because both will give you all the golden age caps.

Ah, I just tried it a few seconds ago and it's much better.  Either I've lost my mind or they fixed it :)

3 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Why search Metropolis when there’s an affordable Cap 1 unrestored on the boards for sale :foryou: