• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,123 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, Point Five said:

Funny, I was just coming here to bump this thread to grumble and see you guys beat me to it.  lol

I really wonder if some of Metro's business has tapered off now that there's no longer a "100 Newest Additions" feature on their homepage. That was the *only* section I regularly checked on their previous site, and the only books I bought were from there.

When I try to replicate it doing a general search and filtering using the new site, there is no way to filter by era to get to just GA books. I can filter by genre but I would have to do the search over and over for each GA genre, and there are BA filler books mixed in. After clicking through a few times I just give up.

I thought same. They sure are pushing video games to the front. 

8 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I thought same. They sure are pushing video games to the front. 

start a new website called GameConnect and don't pollute the ComicConnect one with that stuff.

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Looks like ComicConnect is finally listing books for their first auction of 2020. At 1750 books currently.

Now with a total count of 1,765 items for the next Event Auction.  (thumbsu

Only problem is that all of the books seems to be tossed in there in random order with no easy way to find anything since nothing is in alphabetical order.  O.o

Or is it just me not being able to figure out their new and "improved" website since I am still not getting a more positive experience everytime I go there?  (shrug)  :p

On 1/22/2020 at 6:05 PM, skypinkblu said:

I got a response this morning, by email, an apology and a prompt response to my reply. They are going to do a few test auctions with non consignment books. 

On 2/6/2020 at 5:24 PM, skypinkblu said:

I was not given a date. I asked to have my books held, I was told that would not be a problem...so I figured I'd watch and see what was going on and then decide.

Hey Sharon;

Looks like they now have a total of 1,765 items listed in hap hazard random order for their next Event Auction.  :gossip:

Have you checked to see if any of your books are in here or is this their test auction with non-consignment books?  ???

19 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
24 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now with a total count of 1,765 items for the next Event Auction.  (thumbsu

mostly drek

Well, it's pretty obvious to me then that you haven't done your homework assignment by going through every single one of these 1,765 items.  (tsk)

From what I heard, there's quite a few nice unrestored pre-Robin 'Tec books scattered randomly somewhere throughout the auction listing.  :gossip:   lol

1 hour ago, tth2 said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

mostly drek

In other words, like most of their Event Auctions.

Looks like ComicConnect might be taking the cautionary route with low-end books for fear of an auction process disaster.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Sharon;

Looks like they now have a total of 1,765 items listed in hap hazard random order for their next Event Auction.  :gossip:

Have you checked to see if any of your books are in here or is this their test auction with non-consignment books?  ???

Morning @lou_fineI saw an "Event Auction" but you can't bid yet?  My items are in a list called "unsold/relist", which I think is a little odd, since they have never been up for sale on the site, but I guess that is their "pending" list.

I don't see any in their auction list, but I wouldn't bet the house either;) 

Thanks for asking, I'm sure I'll miss something. :foryou:

35 minutes ago, comicjack said:
5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I wonder how much money they have "lost" since this "upgrade".

I would say lots 

they don't feel the sting

Edited by Gotham Kid

21 hours ago, comicjack said:
On 2/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, skypinkblu said:

Oh, so YES, I think this is their test auction, with non consignment books.

I wonder how much money they have "lost" since this "upgrade".

I would say lots 

I would say not only money, but also loss of consignors and customers along with a serious hit to the reputation of their auction website. :tonofbricks:

If I was them, I would seriously be thinking about contacting my lawyers weeks ago.  :mad:

Especially since the IT company which they hired might actually be double-dipping or even triple-dipping and being paid off by HA and CL at the same time.  hm  lol