• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,124 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

To top things off, none of these books have any images attached to them except for the Spidey 14, so I can't even zoom in onto the books using their magnificant magify glass if I wanted to.

Is the magnificent magnifying glass a hit or miss for anyone else also (besides the fact that it is a giant miss in general)? Some books it will actually magnify (slightly), and some it's just a circle floating over a picture.

ps - the countdown clock is the most annoying countdown clock I've ever seen.

I have problems with the site too. especially the magnifying glass/  Its like if giant-Man's power could only increase his size from 6'0"to 6'1" !

but, while I haven't a clue hoe the display of books is organized as the default when you land on a page -- maybe sorted in favor of similar books in stock? --  but the Sort feature is just to the left of the first book, above FILTER.  Title/issue puts them in the expected order.  Maybe a user can change viewing faults, but prob not.

Edited by Aman619

2 hours ago, Aman619 said:

I have problems with the site too. especially the magnifying glass/  Its like if giant-Man's power could only increase his size from 6'0"to 6'1" !

but, while I haven't a clue hoe the display of books is organized as the default when you land on a page -- maybe sorted in favor of similar books in stock? --  but the Sort feature is just to the left of the first book, above FILTER.  Title/issue puts them in the expected order.  Maybe a user can change viewing faults, but prob not.

I have the same issue and agree with you.

Edited by Mmehdy

2 hours ago, Aman619 said:

I don't know what was wrong with the old image sizing, I thought that was great, this is dreadful minus

I can't even figure out how to log in to CC to try to add things to my watch list. Every time I reset my password, it says the new password is invalid, and trying to register a new account with the same email doesn't work because it says it's already in use. :pullhair:

even Comiclink's update never had any of these issues. Let alone Heritage's... nuff said

what I really cant stand thats common to all the revamps of the comics sites we use is that when they are done, and you navigate to a page, you dont see any comics!  they are all below the visible screen area!  who reads all that boilerplate at the top. or the empty "designed" space with their logos and branding and salesmanship??  Its like a restaurant menu where the top 3/4s of each page is How to use the menu, and logos and nothing useful except to someone who's never sat in a restaurant before.  You want to include that stuff? put it a popup! with a big eye-catching burst -- "How to use this site".. or down the side out of the way of your MERCHANDISE!  Comiclink auction pages for instance... you have to scroll to see the first comics to see where in the alphabet you are.  You should get that info by clicking to the page.

I just want to add that its not because Im zoomed in too much to see the comics... Il already reducing everything.  Its on a big iMac, and these pics are with the browser filling 3/4s of the screen (the grey area is the browser).   First is my usual setting.  then how small everything has to be to see the FIRST COMIC on each page

CL-1.thumb.png.1e53a84283197cc0658f354f5f89f6cc.png

CL-2.thumb.png.75a2e0d1d829dab422690b87b8d4fa98.png

9 hours ago, Aman619 said:

but, while I haven't a clue hoe the display of books is organized as the default when you land on a page -- maybe sorted in favor of similar books in stock? --  but the Sort feature is just to the left of the first book, above FILTER.  Title/issue puts them in the expected order.

9 hours ago, SuperBird said:

You are currently sorting by "ending soonest", I think, as opposed to title and issue. 

Well, I've always gone by what is "Ending Soonest" before in the past as it gave me an idea of what time each lot was ending.  (thumbsu

Hopefully, this current version of "Ending Soonest" is just an interim work area for them and everything will line up in alpha and numeric order once the auction goes live next Monday.  If not, I think it's going to be hard for bidders to know when to check in on say the Spidey run or the Batman run if they are scattered in a haphazard way throughout the auction and ending nowhere close to each other. :frustrated:

I guess it's just a matter of waiting a few more days to find out and for everybody's sake, let's hope they've got their act together after such a long revamp.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

20 hours ago, Crowzilla said:
22 hours ago, lou_fine said:

To top things off, none of these books have any images attached to them except for the Spidey 14, so I can't even zoom in onto the books using their magnificant magify glass if I wanted to.

Is the magnificent magnifying glass a hit or miss for anyone else also (besides the fact that it is a giant miss in general)? Some books it will actually magnify (slightly), and some it's just a circle floating over a picture.

10 hours ago, Aman619 said:

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't know what was wrong with the old image sizing, I thought that was great, this is dreadful minus

I have yet to find anybody that is in favor of this virtually useless magify glass of theirs as compared to the old 3-image sizing option which they used to have.  :p

The IT company or guy they hired must have been a big fan of the almost just as annoying Ebay magify glass approach which that site uses.  :censored:

20 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

ps - the countdown clock is the most annoying countdown clock I've ever seen.

Definitely a bit annoying, but doesn't rerally bother me that much unless they trip over their own feet and end up using this countdown clock without putting in the actual auction end date and end time when the auction goes live next Monday.  If they do, that would be a total disaster as it would require constant ongoing calculation for potential bidders in order for them to figure out the actual end time for a book that they might be interested in bidding on.  hm   doh!

6 hours ago, SuperBird said:

This will be the most expensive website test ever run. :)

Well, how lucky for you and not too late then as I just got another spam mail from Vincent earlier this morning saying that you still have another 2 days until the end of the buisness day this coming Friday to submit your books in time for their next Event Auction.  :gossip:  :whee:

Why, you can now even take your better half out for a exotic dinner to celebrate....................oh my bad, all of the restaurants and everything else is closed during this lockdown of ours.  doh!