• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,125 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Dude, he may get pissed at you and then set the wheels in motion

Yeah, and they might not even come back with a counter-offer of free shipping if you make an offer on a 4-figure book!

Edited by drbanner

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Dude, he may get pissed at you and then set the wheels in motion

Just as a follow-up, this post was not meant to offend Vinnie or the entire Metropolis family.  Vinnie and the entire Metropolis team provide an amazing service to the collecting community.  If anyone was in the slightest offended by my post a would like to extend my apology.

(Now can you please unlock my COMICCONNECT account?)

just kidding

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Just as a follow-up, this post was not meant to offend Vinnie or the entire Metropolis family.  Vinnie and the entire Metropolis team provide an amazing service to the collecting community.  If anyone was in the slightest offended by my post a would like to extend my apology.

just kidding

I didn’t take it that way, and couldn’t agree more. I like those guys too

27 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
30 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

just kidding

I didn’t take it that way, and couldn’t agree more. I like those guys too

Yes, I believe all of our comments here are really meant more as constructive criticism since we all want as Vinnie said; "a more positive customer experience".  (thumbsu

It's definitely healthy for the markerplace to have competition for the consumer, and in that light, a successful and customer friendly CC auction website would put it in good stead against well funded sites like Heritage and even old school sites like CL.  hm  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

A post written last night from another thread on these boards here:

20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like they've finally managed to get all of their auction lots sorted into proper alpha/numeric order after all this time:  :applause:

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/auction/1?page=1

Not sure though if they are going to continue to have links to other copies of the same book at the bottom of the auction lot when this goes live on Monday.  Especially since this would make absolutely no sense at all to potential consignors as it basically serves only to use the consignor's book(s) to help promote the auction house's available inventory more than anything else.  hm  :screwy:

I guess we'll find out how their revamped site runs tomorrow starting at noontime once this Event Auction of theirs goes live.  (shrug)  :taptaptap:

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

A post written last night from another thread on these boards here:

I guess we'll find out how their revamped site runs tomorrow starting at noontime once this Event Auction of theirs goes live.  (shrug)  :taptaptap:

There are still a couple stragglers that were out of place when I went through the listings last night with a slab or two in the OA section, but it looks pretty good from what I saw.

Hopefully the mass bidding works, was tested, and goes well with the new site.

Edited by NEED MO DAKKA

heres 2 more issues with the website:  I get a warning that the site is using too much energy.  must be all those clocks updating second by second. 20 comics per page is 20 clocks.  100 is 5x as many.   (wait, let me check my math on that..... yes  its correct.)   Waste of computer resources...  and more serious, if you switch to mobile view on a computer, theres no way to switch back.  no toggle in the mobile page build. Quitting the browser doesn't solve it. Have to delete the cookie to start over.  You could argue, who could click Mobile on a Desktop machine. but its a trap if you do.

28 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

this'll come as a shock to some, a disappointment to others, BUT---i just got bids in on a half-dozen books i like, and it was easy and trouble-free.

me too.  I had to rebuild my profile with CC, but all it took was re-loading my credit card info.  I had no problem getting bids placed on the material that interested me.  There wasn't that much of interest to me in this auction, but this is a decent start for CC.  They will arise from the ashes.

We need them to remain a viable alternative for us.

Speed was definitely an issue when both putting bids in and changing pages.  I feel like they don't really need a visible seconds counter on the clocks in the catalog overview unless it's <10 minutes (or so) or if you click into a specific item.  That might improve the ease of looking through the catalog, placing tracking bids, and load times.  You don't really need to know that info until the end of the auctions when you generally know what you will be bidding on anyways.  If the load speed and the time it takes to register each bid can be improved, I don't have any big complaints about the auction section now.  I liked the UI once I got the hang of it.

Edited by NEED MO DAKKA

On 4/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

me too.  I had to rebuild my profile with CC, but all it took was re-loading my credit card info.  I had no problem getting bids placed on the material that interested me.  There wasn't that much of interest to me in this auction, but this is a decent start for CC.  They will arise from the ashes.

We need them to remain a viable alternative for us.

Yes, absolutely no problems to register as the page was ALREADY populated with my current tombstone information and all I had to do was to input my credit card info.  (thumbsu

Took me only about a minute to go through the whole thing. :applause:

57 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
3 hours ago, RickHigh said:

Looks like CC got rid of the magnifying glass!!!! Big improvement.

:golfclap:

Yes, most definitely a whole ton better as you can actually see everything clearly now.  :applause:

Definitely happy to hear that they are listening and responding accordingly.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

As a potential bidder, it's also a definite bonus that they also provide links to all other available copies of the same item that they have in their current inventory.  hm

Definitely gives you an idea as to other copies readily available and a good idea of the max price you should probably be bidding on the item in question. (thumbsu

Not sure if this feature is just for this particular auction only, as this auction is supposedly limited only to non-consigned items from their own inventory.  (shrug)

I can definitely see consignments drying up pretty fast if they have this same feature in place for their regular consignment auctions though.  Especially since no consignor in their right mind would ever want to use an auction house that have readily available links to all other competing copies of the same item as their consigned item that bidders can simply click onto and buy immediately.  hm  doh!  

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I actually think the auction will have decent hammer prices.  I think there will be a lot of people watching hoping for stuff to slip through the cracks.

+1

I think there will be a lot of people watching and looking for stuff with the unexpected bonus stimulus checks that they are receiving which many done actually need, and with nowhere to physically go that they can spend it on. hm  :whee:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

+1

I think there will be a lot of people watching and looking for stuff with the unexpected bonus stimulus checks that they are receiving which many done actually need, and with nowhere to physically go that they can spend it on. hm  :whee:

For me, if I got the money I would spend it on liquor and hookers and then waste the rest.