• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,123 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
10 hours ago, RickHigh said:

Looks like CC got rid of the magnifying glass!!!! Big improvement.

:golfclap:

Yes, most definitely a whole ton better as you can actually see everything clearly now.  :applause:

Definitely happy to hear that they are listening and responding accordingly.  (thumbsu

+1

thanks guys

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, you can have it all in a funny book kind of way if you can nab a book like this one then:  :luhv:   :takeit:

gia1.37a.jpg

Well, this "zoom" image of theirs now is definitely a lot better than their magnify glass.  :applause:

didn't this book go to auction sometime ago ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

28 minutes ago, Lukesaurus said:

A bug I encountered and I didn't see anyone mention it . On some books when I click the zoom button I get a no picture available message even though the pictures are available in smaller resolution . 

link to an example ?

I still give up on searching.  The limited number of filters is obscene and so many with no images.  

I remember at least a couple of folks including Richard Evans, Greg Reece, Shortboxed, and some others that have come on here and asked members for their input on design and functionality.  

2 hours ago, tth2 said:
14 hours ago, batman_fan said:

For me, if I got the money I would spend it on liquor and hookers and then waste the rest.

Hey!

Since you are a lawyer by reputation, I think you should know what do about copyright infringement.  :slapfight:  :flipbait:

I like this book and have it on my watch list(and yes, I already know I missed the boat on this one, but it fits my “buy high, sell low” mantra) In coming down to the wire on the Heritage auction, I am reviewing the playing field, and I just noticed what looks like foxing on the back cover. That is not necessarily a killer for me, but I think it’s one of those things about which hobbyists have definite opinions

734AE377-11D3-4CA2-82F0-17D5FD48D718.jpeg

E6AD736D-C1FB-43F9-97B4-6844DC8DDDC4.jpeg

37 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I like this book and have it on my watch list(and yes, I already know I missed the boat on this one, but it fits my “buy high, sell low” mantra) In coming down to the wire on the Heritage auction, I am reviewing the playing field, and I just noticed what looks like foxing on the back cover. That is not necessarily a killer for me, but I think it’s one of those things about which hobbyists have definite opinions

734AE377-11D3-4CA2-82F0-17D5FD48D718.jpeg

E6AD736D-C1FB-43F9-97B4-6844DC8DDDC4.jpeg

I doubt the foxing will impact the price.  It is on the back cover and about 1/2 the people don’t even know comics have a back cover (I am being hyperbolic folks) and the front cover colors pop.

10 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I doubt the foxing will impact the price.  It is on the back cover and about 1/2 the people don’t even know comics have a back cover (I am being hyperbolic folks) and the front cover colors pop.

True.  I just wish whoever that cover artist was would have learned to draw.  

19 hours ago, batman_fan said:
19 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I knew I'd seen that statement recently, too.  @tth2is on top of things here!

He has provided so many classic lines over the years !

Actually, I can't take credit for it. 

This is the original quote from George Best, the great British soccer player:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."