• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

There were a bunch of problems last night: Books ending from a few hours to as much as a day too early. :whatthe: Countdown clocks acting screwy. 

Supposedly things have been fixed and it's all systems go for tonight. We're about to find out.

The new site has been a train wreck. The old site, while dated looking, at least did the job and I think most people had gotten used to its quirks. 

If that's the case, they should void the auctions for those books if they're consignment items; it's pretty unfair to the consignors. If they're Metro stock, then it isn't as important.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Superman was first pitched to comic strip syndicates and supposedly the first story was worked out in strip form initially. It was reworked to fit comic book pages for Action 1.

Very true.  I recall an article in Alter Ego some years back on the Superman newspaper strip project that included the submitted dailies.  Interestingly, Joe Shuster wasn’t considered for artist.  Either Jerry Siegel or someone involved in the vetting process told the writer he’d need a stronger artist to make the pitch for newspaper syndication.  Finished unpublished examples were posted in the article.  Off hand, I can’t recall who that collaborative artist was, but he was clearly more trained or experienced at newspaper strip art. 

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

If that's the case, they should void the auctions for those books if they're consignment items; it's pretty unfair to the consignors. If they're Metro stock, then it isn't as important.

I 100% agree. I was watching a tec66 and planned to bid but then the link to it from even the emails that they sent couldn’t find it. It was also not searchable so I thought it had been pulled. That consigner got screwed. I would have paid more. 

2 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Very true.  I recall an article in Alter Ego some years back on the Superman newspaper strip project that included the submitted dailies.  Interestingly, Joe Shuster wasn’t considered for artist.  Either Jerry Siegel or someone involved in the vetting process told the writer he’d need a stronger artist to make the pitch for newspaper syndication.  Finished unpublished examples were posted in the article.  Off hand, I can’t recall who that collaborative artist was, but he was clearly more trained or experienced at newspaper strip art. 

Russell Keaton

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Comicconnect should have never changed their website.  Don’t like the current layout.  The old format was 100x better.  Currently their website is worst than heritage and comiclink 

I like change. It's just the remaining bugs/or feature requests that need to be sorted out.

38 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I like change. It's just the remaining bugs/or feature requests that need to be sorted out.

They've had a lot of time to fix the bugs, and have, if anything, made it worse.

I for one like the new format of the site.  I understand it may have been rolled out incorrectly and still has some bugs to work out before consignors feel comfortable enough sending materials in.  I also understand the concerns on watch list and ended sale items vanishing.  All in all though, I get what they were going for and with some tweaking I think it will be a nice finished product.  I've been able to bid on every item I wanted to successfully and even won a couple without paying moon prices which is more than I can say about Heritage and CL most every auction so there's that.  I know some if this may be due to lack of faith/interest in the new site but I'll take what I can get.  Decent job CC - take the useful feedback and implement if you choose and ignore the derisive comments, as some people will never be happy with change.

19 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

I for one like the new format of the site.  I understand it may have been rolled out incorrectly and still has some bugs to work out before consignors feel comfortable enough sending materials in.  I also understand the concerns on watch list and ended sale items vanishing.  All in all though, I get what they were going for and with some tweaking I think it will be a nice finished product.  I've been able to bid on every item I wanted to successfully and even won a couple without paying moon prices which is more than I can say about Heritage and CL most every auction so there's that.  I know some if this may be due to lack of faith/interest in the new site but I'll take what I can get.  Decent job CC - take the useful feedback and implement if you choose and ignore the derisive comments, as some people will never be happy with change.

Do you think the big 3 auction houses monitor this board? It makes sense to me that they would.

I know the guys at CC, Clink and HA. I would imagine many of us do. 

We are all pretty anonymous here. It’s like Mardi Gras. We are all wearing masks. Do you think the auction houses have a magic decoder list allowing them to know who is saying what?

Again, it makes sense to me they would, so I measure my postings with that awareness in the back of my mind.

does anyone have any intel on this?

11 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Do you think the big 3 auction houses monitor this board? It makes sense to me that they would.

They must...to their credit someone from CC did reach out to me through the boards  about my recent post here about their new inferior packaging and my damaged shipment.  So they are apparently attempting to make things right.

So Kudos to them for that, but I hope they realize the website still needs a ton of work.

Edited by szav

12 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

We are all pretty anonymous here. It’s like Mardi Gras. We are all wearing masks. Do you think the auction houses have a magic decoder list allowing them to know who is saying what?

Again, it makes sense to me they would, so I measure my postings with that awareness in the back of my mind.

I think the ones that need to know do...definitely.

22 hours ago, manofsteel said:

I was bidding/watching the Superman 4 (7.5) that is now gone. I tried to search for it, but I can't find it. 

Very odd, this is back on the site. Maybe a glitch?

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

If I guy co-signs or buys from them and mentions the books involved.  They know who’s who.   Especially bigger books.  I know from my many interactions with comiclink

Edited by Spiderturtle

3 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’ve had CLink and CC reach out to me based on what I’ve written on the boards. 

Just now, woowoo said:

Got really drunk and bid :makepoint:won the book but they don't give me a pay with credit card option WHAT do I do

If you wire transfer, they make you pay a wire transfer fee. So it’s go to the bank and get a cashiers check for faster delivery, or scrawl a check out with lipstick on a cocktail napkin for delivery by mule.

if you don’t post a picture IT DIDNT HAPPEN

1 hour ago, Doctor Dositheus said:

I apologize if this has already been covered, my search-fu is average. Anybody know what the different colors on the CC auction sold prices mean? I haven't been able to find any info on this either on their site or in this thread.

I never noticed, so I just went back to my Watch list(yes, somehow I’ve figured how to access my watch list), and all the sold books have prices written the same - in white numbering on a black background 

2 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I don't collect timley but its something

Marvel mystery 2.jpg

:golfclap:I can tell by your sigline you have the goods (worship), but sadly, rarely do you post them.

This is a rare treat to see a Woo Woo pickup! And if you're only gonna have one Timely, that's a cool one to have !

Congrats!