• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,123 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Anybody else here except for me here surprised by the rather strong extended bidding which took place on this pre-hero DC book:

new2.96a.jpg

This copy here actually sold for $2,350 or virtually double condition guide which is definitely rather surprising  :whatthe: , especially considering that the other higher graded copies of pre-hero More Fun's and New Comics which they had in this same auction here were only able to sell for a lower price point than this book and only at huge discounts to condition guide.  :(

Even more surprising since this exact same Nicholas Cage copy was only able to fetch $603 or just a bit more than half of condition guide when it sold on Heritage way back in 2002.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Absolutely shocked, since I was gunning for this one until it got crazy in the last few minutes. Each of the 3 New Comics that they had finished higher than the previous one (9 at $925, 7 at $1255, then this one).

7 minutes ago, IngelsFan said:

Absolutely shocked, since I was gunning for this one until it got crazy in the last few minutes. Each of the 3 New Comics that they had finished higher than the previous one (9 at $925, 7 at $1255, then this one).

Why this particular issue and not the other New Comics 7 or New Comics 9 since they were both in significantly higher grades at substantially lower price points?  hm

Or do you alrerady have copies of both those 2 earlier issues?  

30 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Why this particular issue and not the other New Comics 7 or New Comics 9 since they were both in significantly higher grades at substantially lower price points?  hm

Or do you alrerady have copies of both those 2 earlier issues?  

I don’t have the two earlier issues but I’ve always loved 10 for the awesome robot splash in the Federal Men story. I sold my copy in 1991 and have regretted it ever since.

F0C3106B-0CA5-4CA0-9451-F60C0F485224.png

12 minutes ago, IngelsFan said:

I don’t have the two earlier issues but I’ve always loved 10 for the awesome robot splash in the Federal Men story. I sold my copy in 1991 and have regretted it ever since.

F0C3106B-0CA5-4CA0-9451-F60C0F485224.png

Wait, you mean demand for a book can be based on its content rather than cover?  :whatthe:

57 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

These pre heroes are so cool to see at all let alone in this condition 

Yes, most definitely as they were my first entry point into the vintage Golden Platinum Age collectible comic book market when I left the new book marketplace in the late 80's and early 90's. :luhv:

Definitely kind of sad though that they haven't gone up in value very much since collectors seem to care a whiole ton more about super heroes who wear their undies on the outside, as opposed to the true roots of the comic book industry.  :(

Edited by lou_fine

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
19 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

To give credit where it's due, the sold items have now reappeared on my watched list.  Thank you CC.  (thumbsu

Indeed ! Thank you guys at ComicConnect.

You mean that I am going to have to start creating Watch Lists for all of the individual books that I want to keep track of.  :mad:  :censored:

Hey CC:  

How about simply putting all of the links or individual auction lots when we click into your daily auctions after they have ended, instead of simply sending us to a page that says:                                      "No results found. Try adjusting your filters or search."  :gossip:  :wishluck:

Although it looks like you now have the current auction results loaded into your Sold Items already  :applause:  :applause:, it's definitely hard to remember the individual books you had for each auction without the associated links.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

You mean that I am going to have to start creating Watch Lists for all of the individual books that I want to keep track of.  :mad:  :censored:

Hey CC:  

How about simply putting all of the links or individual auction lots when we click into your daily auctions after they have ended, instead of simply sending us to a page that says:                                      "No results found. Try adjusting your filters or search."  :gossip:  :wishluck:

Although it looks like you now have the current auction results loaded into your Sold Items already  :applause:  :applause:, it's definitely hard to remember the individual books you had for each auction without the associated links.  hm

Below is a screen shot of part of one of the emails I got from CC today (I think I received similar emails earlier this week). If you have that email, you can click on the "HERE" part of the email (in blue text) to see links to all books (including those that have already closed)...

image.png.073f9542a38caa92810d123d720ac760.png

Edited by Superman2006

5 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

Below is a screen shot of part of one of the emails I got from CC today (I think I received similar emails earlier this week). If you have that email, you can click on the "HERE" part of the email (in blue text) to see links to all books (including those that have already closed)...

image.png.073f9542a38caa92810d123d720ac760.png

Now, that's PERFECT and I have moved it into my CC Auction Results sub-directoy which I have in my email account.  (thumbsu

Now, I can get rid of the one from the other week which didn't have the "Here" link to the individual auction lots.  It's nice that they have the entire auction in just the one email now, as opposed to the 5 individual messages which I used to have to save in my auction sub-directory for prior Event Auctions.  :applause:

1 minute ago, Superman2006 said:

Yes, that is an improvement. They seem to have made a lot of improvements since they first rolled out the site...

Most definitely, and especially in terms of their Auction Archives (i.e. Sold portion) being updated pretty much right away, as opposed to being several Event Auctions behind which was the case in the past.  :applause:  :applause:

13 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

FBC3BAFE-221A-4D39-8894-3BF498209ADE.png

$10,755 for a 8.5 copy!  Good lord!  That's more shocking to me than $20,600 for a 9.4!

Clearly the market has passed me by. :sorry:

11 hours ago, buttock said:
11 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Apparently. Still, the demand was shocking 

Never underestimate a highest graded SA Marvel key. 

Does Marvel Zombie Fanboy-dom extend to non-superheroes?

4 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Does Marvel Zombie Fanboy-dom extend to non-superheroes?

Well, that's sort of the start of the Lee/ Kirby era.  So it's turned into a pseudo-superhero book.  It's a big deal for Marvel folk.  

On 5/19/2020 at 9:55 PM, JakeM said:

Furthermore, ended auctions are interspersed with ongoing auctions, which makes it difficult to navigate while books are being auctioned off.

Yes, certainly looks like CC managed to addressed a lot of out concerns that we had expressed on this thread here?  :)

I will say though that I did find this new updated version pf their website was constantly dropping their auctions that had just ended into the middle of other auctions that were still running.  They definitely did not have this issue before in the past as everything always fell into place properly with the just completed auctions at the top followed by the still opened auctions in "chronological time till end" order.  This made it very easy to keep track of multiple auctions as they are about to end.  (thumbsu

Hope they can make improvements with this aspect of the auction website for their next go round.  Of course, it also helps since all of the auction lots were in a vertical line straight down in the past, whereas this new website lists their lots by rows which I guess is just a matter of me getting used to it.  Other than that, everything seem to run just fine and love the fact that their auction archives is updated pretty much right away which was definitely not the case before.  :applause:

20 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

thems some colors there, yeah!

Thanks BP!!!

17 hours ago, sagii said:

:golfclap:Great book Gino, love it! 

Presents extremely well, and such amazing colors! Wow!

Congrats! 

Thanks C!!!!