• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,123 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, october said:

I emailed and complained about the shipping time. I didn't get a response, but got tracking info a day later. Worth a try for other people still waiting...

(thumbsu

1 hour ago, october said:

I emailed and complained about the shipping time. I didn't get a response, but got tracking info a day later. Worth a try for other people still waiting...

Followed the same tactic. Emailed and got no response, but tracking info arrived the following day.

Edited by hannibal151

Well, let's hope they get all of their books shipped out pretty soon becuase I was just on their website and it appears that their upcoming Event Auction looks to be rounding into fine shape with already over 3,000 lots in total and still increasing on a daily basis.  (thumbsu

Not sure about the actual quality of the items though since there's just so many auctions nowadays, that it seems the quantity is certainly there, but not necessarily the quality.  Thi seems to be the case even for Heritage as the quality of books have certainly gone down with the increasing frequency of auctions that they are running.  :p

On 7/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, let's hope they get all of their books shipped out pretty soon becuase I was just on their website and it appears that their upcoming Event Auction looks to be rounding into fine shape with already over 3,000 lots in total and still increasing on a daily basis.  (thumbsu

Not sure about the actual quality of the items though since there's just so many auctions nowadays, that it seems the quantity is certainly there, but not necessarily the quality.  Thi seems to be the case even for Heritage as the quality of books have certainly gone down with the increasing frequency of auctions that they are running.  :p

i see at least 9 quality books previewed.  pure coincidence that i have 9 books in the auction.  

On 7/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, Straw-Man said:

i see at least 9 quality books previewed.  pure coincidence that i have 9 books in the auction.  

Would the Church copy of Wonderworld Comics 3 be one of these 9 quality books?  :cloud9:

4 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

if that one was mine, it would be my heirs peddling it. 

Well, let's hope they are smart enough not to take it down to your local flea market and peddle it off for a whole dollar thinking they just hit the jackpot by getting a 10-bagger on the cover price of what is now obviously an old and used book.  lol  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/25/2020 at 9:54 PM, lou_fine said:
On 7/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, Straw-Man said:

Would the Church copy of Wonderworld Comics 3 be one of these 9 quality books?  :cloud9:

On 7/26/2020 at 5:34 AM, Straw-Man said:

if that one was mine, it would be my heirs peddling it. 

Well, not sure where this copy is going to eventually finished up at, but already one of the top books in the current CC Event Auction at $8K with still a long way to go, I would imagine:  :cloud9:

won3.361_1.jpg

Edited by lou_fine

Still way too early in the auction for most of these books, but I always like to sort their auction offerings by Highest Price first and was rather surprised that this book here was already way up there on Page 1 in their Top dozen lots or so:  :whatthe:

all4.874_1.jpg

Have always loved this classic Solomon Grundy cover and a book which seems to be rising up in the demand charts with a bullet as evident by the strong prices which it has managed to fetched over the past couple of years or so.  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

That book is absolutely beautiful. It's one of the two Grundy books I know I'm going to have to buy at some point, and am already dreading (his first GA appearance being the other one).

Well, this just might be your lucky day then as I might just be able to save you some money here.  :gossip:

Not sure what other GA book you are referring to, but according to both Overstreet and this link attached link below, the All-American 61 is both the origin and first appearance of Solomon Grundy:  (thumbsu

https://dcuguide.com/w/Solomon_Grundy_(Cyrus_Gold)_Chronology