• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

If I win it for a normal amount I’ll have a story behind it now. Lol. 

If you win it for your max amount, you'll REALLY have a story to tell and a lot of tears to shed while telling it.  :cry:

Of course, no worries as all of the conspiracy theorists on these boards here will have your back and be screaming like there's no tomorrow.  lol

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

If you win it for your max amount, you'll REALLY have a story to tell and a lot of tears to shed while telling it.  :cry:

Of course, no worries as all of the conspiracy theorists on these boards here will have your back and be screaming like there's no tomorrow.  lol

I figured worse case is it goes for $300.00 and that’s way high for the grade. It’s not a rare book. Anything else above that would require someone at comicconnect manipulating the auction because even in these crazy times things like that just don’t happen by chance. 

Edited by N e r V

7 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I figured worse case is it goes for $300.00 and that’s way high for the grade. It’s not a rare book. Anything else above that would require someone at comicconnect manipulating the auction because even in these crazy times things like that just don’t happen by chance. 

Unless you decide to tell us what the book is and one of those evil minded boardies here decide to punish you with a bid like $20K or just enough to activate your max bid.  :devil:  :whatthe:   :cry:

18 minutes ago, tth2 said:
6 hours ago, N e r V said:

Anyone ever do a bid retraction? I was trying to enter a $201.00 bid for a book and hit $20,100.00...:ohnoez:

Time for a punishment bid! :devil:

lol

Is there a way to see completed auctions on their site? They told me they didn't list 2 books because I had said I didn't want to list with multiple copies being listed, so they held them. Of course they didn't TELL me they held them, but at least that mystery is solved:)

Now I'm wondering what the other copies went for.

26 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Is there a way to see completed auctions on their site? They told me they didn't list 2 books because I had said I didn't want to list with multiple copies being listed, so they held them. Of course they didn't TELL me they held them, but at least that mystery is solved:)

Now I'm wondering what the other copies went for.

Yes, after you put what book you want to look for in the search engine, click that drop down tab next to submit, go all the way down to sold. After that, there’s a show filters section, and once you click that drop down you’ll see a relevancy tab under sort by to see further specific options, like highest or lowest priced, etc...

DCEB3A16-23EF-492E-AB4D-A3E5B6F3D056.jpeg

40A26C7D-8C15-4702-AC9E-87A8BDA7A915.jpeg

43D68A80-FFC8-4C99-B7E8-0AFDE590A433.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

16 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yes, after you put what book you want to look for in the search engine, click that drop down tab next to submit, go all the way down to sold. After that, there’s a show filters section, and once you click that drop down you’ll see a relevancy tab under sort by to see further specific options, like highest or lowest priced, etc...

DCEB3A16-23EF-492E-AB4D-A3E5B6F3D056.jpeg

40A26C7D-8C15-4702-AC9E-87A8BDA7A915.jpeg

43D68A80-FFC8-4C99-B7E8-0AFDE590A433.jpeg

Thanks so much,:foryou: I never even looked at the tab on the left, I'm so used to seeing drop downs on the right.

53 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks so much,:foryou: I never even looked at the tab on the left, I'm so used to seeing drop downs on the right.

No prob! I've noticed that sometimes a book you're looking for that maybe just sold in a current auction might not be in their sold section yet. So if you don't see what you're looking for just give it time as it should pop up eventually.

10 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Won the book I was attacking tonight went a bit higher than expected in fact got bid up exactly to my max can’t say that’s a first haha I would hold off until extended bidding if I could to put in my max but can’t always be there for live and this was one of those times and I thought my max would take it easily but someone else wanted it too apparently. Either way i’m stoked and now a Proud owner of a Berk Our Flag book which I couldn’t be happier with. I now have all 3 issues where our Red, White, and Blue hero appears on the cover of this short run!! Prices seem pretty healthy from the stuff i watch. 

12994460-0882-412F-9655-DA28163B5FFB.jpeg

Congratulations Gino! :applause:

..and welcome to the OF3 club :tink:

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

Got my 20k bid reduced.9_9

Great customer service fixing the problem.(thumbsu

Oh, you little party pooper...........you was supposed to tell us the name of the book so that evil doers like @tth2 can have some fun going into the weekend.  lol

Seriously though, glad to hear that CC was fast on the ball to take care of this situation for you.  (thumbsu

BTW:  What was the book???  ???

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Yes, once you sign into your account and select Dashboard, the Dashboard menu on the left is your friend as it gives you access to everything within your account.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No prob! I've noticed that sometimes a book you're looking for that maybe just sold in a current auction might not be in their sold section yet. So if you don't see what you're looking for just give it time as it should pop up eventually.

Thanks, by the time I get used to this new set up, they will change it, lol;)

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I checked some of the books that closed for this Event Auction here the past few evenings and every single one so far is already in their auction archives.  :applause:

Well okay, not for the AS 8 or the Sensation 1 because we all know the reason for that as they did not meet the Reserve price.  

I wish somebody like Vinnie would send out that email like last time whereby we can have all of the individual links for each one of the lots for this auction all in one spot.  Haven't seen anything like that on this go round here, but still checking their daily auction email and nada so far, so here's hoping.  :wishluck:   

Just checking out today's offering for CC's Event Auction and it looks like there's a nice tempting cadre of Zip's in there for the MLJ super hero collectors.  (thumbsu

Besides the CGC 9.6 graded Church copy of Zip 14 which is already sitting at $5,100 there's a nice mid-grade copy of Zip 32 with the classic Nazi skeleton cover here, although it's already right up there at $3,855:  :(   :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/885356

zip1.441.jpg

Advantage for any last minute action on these Zip's would probably lean more towards the West Coast bidders as some of the East Coast bidders might already be tucked away and sound asleep  zzz  in their beds by then since it would already be after midnight for them by the time these lots hit the 3-minute buzzer.  :D