• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

Anyone know the final bid price for the Sensation 1 CGC 9.6? 

The new CC website looks and works fine compared to when they first introduced the new layout. The only gripe I have is that now, everyitme I click on the image or title of a book being auctioned, a separate new window doesn't pop up like how it was before. I now have to open up a new window each time so I can copy and paste the link of all the books I'm interested in. Such a pain to do.

14 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The new CC website looks and works fine compared to when they first introduced the new layout. The only gripe I have is that now, everyitme I click on the image or title of a book being auctioned, a separate new window doesn't pop up like how it was before. I now have to open up a new window each time so I can copy and paste the link of all the books I'm interested in. Such a pain to do.

This copy? It’s for sale at $475,000.00 or  best offer. Unless there was another 9.6 for sale?

886D614E-192B-4F2D-9294-4C8430F08E0B.thumb.jpeg.40778eb5b713e39882f52e9736e84545.jpeg

25 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

I remember selling a copy of this on the boards a few years ago. Nice colors and about 5.5.

I see you comment all the time but I honestly don’t remember you doing sales threads...

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:
11 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks so much,:foryou: I never even looked at the tab on the left, I'm so used to seeing drop downs on the right.

Yes, once you sign into your account and select Dashboard, the Dashboard menu on the left is your friend as it gives you access to everything within your account.  (thumbsu

I can't seem to use the Dashboard to find all the books that I unsuccessfully bid, on now that the auctions are over. 

The Dashboard was fine while the auctions were ongoing, as I could click on "Outbid Items" and "Winning Bids" to see the status of the items I had bid on.  But as soon as the auctions ended, they seem to have disappeared and I can't figure out an easy way to see the final results of all the books I didn't win.  

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

I wanted to wait until the auction was over first. I need to focus more on submitting bids to Comicconnect since I actually hit large bids on their system twice now in the same day. :eyeroll:Heritage uses more or less the same system but for some reason I screwed up only on Comicconnect so far. Dumb me.:nyah:

So as I said it’s just a small book that I ended up winning at $220.00. It’s a Everett cover I needed after missing 6.0 and 7.0 copies the last couple of years I looked at this copy as a placeholder until I can upgrade but since it’s got a little story behind it now I think I’ll keep it just for that reason even after I do upgrade. Not like the only Everett dupe I have. So here’s the little problem child that I won today...

3D908233-469B-4FBA-9B0C-E87C4CBA4696.thumb.jpeg.626b1d077864f4540bb1108150b5a421.jpeg

That's an awesome cover! 

19 minutes ago, tth2 said:

That's an awesome cover! 

Yes like a lot of boardies I have some big books that bring ridiculous prices for those of us who grew up the last few decades with the comics market but I find that some of the cheapest books still bring me as much or more pleasure these days. You really can’t go wrong with 1950’s Everett IMO...9_9

13 minutes ago, N e r V said:

You really can’t go wrong with 1950’s Everett IMO..

:headbang:

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Didn’t see the final bid but it appears the owners are just trying to break even from two years ago 

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

yeah that one, but was looking for the final bid price before it went up for a BIN/BO

22 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Didn’t see the final bid but it appears the owners are just trying to break even from two years ago 

It was sold August 27th 2017 for $399,100.00. So a little more than break even.

Edited by N e r V

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

I can't seem to use the Dashboard to find all the books that I unsuccessfully bid, on now that the auctions are over. 

The Dashboard was fine while the auctions were ongoing, as I could click on "Outbid Items" and "Winning Bids" to see the status of the items I had bid on.  But as soon as the auctions ended, they seem to have disappeared and I can't figure out an easy way to see the final results of all the books I didn't win.  

Well, I guess the sure fire way to not lose your bidding history is to open up your wallet and keep on clicking to ensure that you win everything you bid on. lol  :takeit:

Looks like that doesn't even work because this revamped version no longer have my winnings from prior auctions like how they used to.  Looks like you have to go through the time consuming way of checking back on your Outbid messages because they have a link in there for the item you had bidded on.  :gossip:

Since I am getting up their in age and simply can't remember all of the 3,000+  individual books which they had in this particular Event Auction here already, I just wish they had sent out the email like in previous auctions which simply gave you individual links to every single lot in the auction in one convenient spot.  Now, that most definitely would have taken care of your problem for you.  With the way they have it now, when you click onto the daily session links, all you get is a message that says "No Results Found, Try Adjusting Your Filters or Search".  :frustrated:  :censored:

Maybe we should get this @Michael Brill guy here to take a look at some of these issues that we've identified and hopefully see what kind of response we get.  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

Wow, oh wowza............now, this book here really ended up finishing strongly at $64,111:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/885353

won3.361_1.jpg

Now, that's about $13K+ more than what it had originally sold for back in the big Jon Berk Auction a few summers ago, and also more than the equivalently graded Allentown Copy which Metro/CC sold for $55K back only in January of this year.  :luhv:  :applause:

Now, this other Jon Berk/Edgar Church copy of Wonderworld Comics 20 also didn't do too bad as it also finished up strongly at $6,200:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/875231

won3.360.jpg

Similar to the Berk/Church Wonderworld 3 above, this exact same copy here also sold for significantly more than the $3,544 that it managed to received on its first go round in the Berk Auction a few years ago.  :applause:

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Just checking out today's offering for CC's Event Auction and it looks like there's a nice tempting cadre of Zip's in there for the MLJ super hero collectors.  (thumbsu

Besides the CGC 9.6 graded Church copy of Zip 14 which is already sitting at $5,100 there's a nice mid-grade copy of Zip 32 with the classic Nazi skeleton cover here, although it's already right up there at $3,855:  :(   :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/885356

zip1.441.jpg

Advantage for any last minute action on these Zip's would probably lean more towards the West Coast bidders as some of the East Coast bidders might already be tucked away and sound asleep  zzz  in their beds by then since it would already be after midnight for them by the time these lots hit the 3-minute buzzer.  :D

Well, that was sure fun to watch and a real battle royale for these 2 Zip's as they were the last 2 books that ended up closing out this CC Event Auction round.  (thumbsu

Quite a bit of extended auction bidding on these 2 Zip's here as the Church copy of Zip 14 was in the high $7K's before it finished up at $9,799 while the mid grade copy of Zip 32 above was in the high $4K's before it finally finished up as the last lot of the night closing out at $7,800.  For awhile there, I was starting to wonder if the Zip 32 might even possibly end up catching the Church Zip 14 by the time it was all said and done, but no such luck.  :slapfight:

Still, definitely pretty strong prices from my own personal point of view for both of these Zip's. :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like that doesn't even work because this revamped version no longer have my winnings from prior auctions like how they used to. 

Yeah, I noticed that too, which really sucks.

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like you have to go through the time consuming way of checking back on your Outbid messages because they have a link in there for the item you had bidded on.

Which is ridiculous.  Who has the patience to do things in such a ridiculously manual fashion?

Has it not occurred to CC that people like to know their bidding history (both successful and unsuccessful) and to easily see what books sold for? 

The gap between Heritage's website and everyone else's just keeps getting wider and wider.