• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Newly graded, no idea if fresh to market or recycled.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/890586

sup1.13991.jpg

Lots of Supes 1s these days.  They keep comin. Time to maybe drop in the rankings .......no reason Marvel 1 shudnt be number 3 

Edited by Chicago Boy

13 hours ago, tth2 said:

Remember the days when unrestored Superman 1s were really scarce? 

Yep.  The last few years has shown major increases in this books availability on the census and for sale with new ones being “ found “ and graded in the wild.  This along with the increases in Flash 1 , AA 16, and Whiz 2 gives me confidence that Action 1 , Tec 27, Marvel 1 and Pep 22 are the true rare / scarce mega keys left. 

Out of those books above, I think the last few Flash 1's that sold were overvalued.  Was quite surpised actually when a 5.0 sold last year for $92k and a 2.5 at around $52k.  AA 16 is currently priced just right based on the last 2-3 sales. I think the next blue label Marvel 1 will sell for a record price. AS 8, Pep 22, Archie 1 have lost their "luster" since their record sale price days a few years ago.   Just my personal opinion and for transparency sakes, I do not own any of these books.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

I think the next blue label Marvel 1 will sell for a record price. AS 8, Pep 22, Archie 1 have lost their "luster" since their record sale price days a few years ago.   Just my personal opinion and for transparency sakes, I do not own any of these books.

I also agree the next blue Marvel 1 will break records especially an OCT copy.

Growing up in 90s  and Marvel 1 was right up there Top 3 and even outside chance at being no. 1

True scarcity in blue label. Even in this market the census hasnt been flooded

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Out of those books above, I think the last few Flash 1's that sold were overvalued.  Was quite surpised actually when a 5.0 sold last year for $92k and a 2.5 at around $52k.  AA 16 is currently priced just right based on the last 2-3 sales. I think the next blue label Marvel 1 will sell for a record price. AS 8, Pep 22, Archie 1 have lost their "luster" since their record sale price days a few years ago.   Just my personal opinion and for transparency sakes, I do not own any of these books.

Yeah.  Pep 22 , AS 8!and Archie 1 definitely lost its steam but I love Pep 22 - the rarest of the Mega keys 

33 minutes ago, zen514 said:

I also agree the next blue Marvel 1 will break records especially an OCT copy.

Growing up in 90s  and Marvel 1 was right up there Top 3 and even outside chance at being no. 1

True scarcity in blue label. Even in this market the census hasnt been flooded

Love me a rare October copy !  MC 1. Action 1 & Tec 27 appear to have the same survival rate overall.

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:
2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

AS 8, Pep 22, Archie 1 have lost their "luster" since their record sale price days a few years ago.   Just my personal opinion and for transparency sakes, I do not own any of these books.

Yeah.  Pep 22 , AS 8!and Archie 1 definitely lost its steam but I love Pep 22 - the rarest of the Mega keys 

I would agree with you on the AS 8 and Archie 1 since they seem to show up relatively often, but would tend to disagree with you on the Pep 22 which still has more room to go from my own personal POV.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

Since the reason everybody wants this cover is because of the Punisher, and the Punisher is not art but a stat, I can't see this thing going for anywhere near the estimated price.

Most impt part of the  cover   Bet it has a reserve and won’t sell 

On 10/11/2020 at 12:12 PM, Gotham Kid said:

some posts were deleted ¬¬

Yeah, tell me about it Peter........................you are nothing but a real trouble maker here.  (tsk)  lol

After all, you was the one that started it all by constantly repeating one of the countless much dreaded words which we are not allowed to post on the boards here.  All I did was to quote you and warn you that the Thought Police squad here would not take too kindly to it and that we would all be partaking in this following activity going forward if you did not cease and desist:  :rulez:

tenor.gif.49920565ed6a60db180049806521b65c.gif

Looks like they decided to delete all of the related posts and you and @batman_fan definitely got the soft touch when it came time for your beating and whipping:  :takeit:

Hot Spot Adult Leather Bedroom Whip Role Play Fun Item Black/Red:  Amazon.ca: Clothing & Accessories

Happily looking forward for the same soft touch, but instead I was rewarded with 5 warning points and then taken behind the woodshed for 2 weeks for my beating and whipping:  :fear:

male hand holding brown leather whip isolated on white backgroun - Buy this  stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock

See the source image

Go figure that!!!  :ph34r:  :censored:  :bigsmile: