• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, comicnoir said:

Since the reason everybody wants this cover is because of the Punisher, and the Punisher is not art but a stat, I can't see this thing going for anywhere near the estimated price.

have it on pretty definitive authority that it is art, not stat.  

i must not be picky about my "interface;" i have no issues with the site, and much prefer it to c'link, where you have to snipe at the end and it's a maybe/maybe not proposition.   i've actually come to like the 3 minute extension format on c'c, as it lets me noodle a bit...   finally, as a consignor, i promise you watching the books come down to the end, seeing the 3 mins. extend repeatedly is an absolute blast.

I see a book I like, I bid on it, win it, pay for it, and get it. I think all 3 sites have pros and cons. But  I did enter 1500.00 on a book a few months back on ComicConnect and it got rejected, or it read it as 150,000, one of the two. 

Seems you can only enter whole numbers without a decimal point. Caused me to lose the action because it went for 1,300.00. Still bothers me because I still need the book. Then I see the same book on eebay a month later for 2,300.00 and the guy won't budge. 

Pretty sure its the opposite on ComicLink where you must enter the decimal point. So you would enter 1500.00 on CL and 1500 on CC. 

Nice book in the current auction here. More Fun 54 9.0 .......needs a new holder.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/138225

mor1.476_1.jpg

Edited by Professor Chaos

36 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

NEWSFLASH....The comic connect interface is garbage for a company that wants to play in the big boy auction sandbox, it's in a sad state. Heritage and C-Link has them in their rearview mirror. Unless you're a longtime valued collector, I can't see how new money would prefer to spend money at auction when you can have a much better virtual experience at other auction house websites.

Unless it's changed, Clink does not allow you to save any auctions unless you bid. That drives me crazy. I'd usually like to bid near to the end and if I don't bid early so I save the books on their list, I forget half the books I had planned to bid on. They also split up the books into too many groups, so I stopped consigning there.  I had a few nice books they put into the third "group" I'm assuming by accident and they went very low as proven by the fact they were on eBay weeks later and sold for almost double.

Nice people to talk to though.

10 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Unless it's changed, Clink does not allow you to save any auctions unless you bid. That drives me crazy. I'd usually like to bid near to the end and if I don't bid early so I save the books on their list, I forget half the books I had planned to bid on. They also split up the books into too many groups, so I stopped consigning there.  I had a few nice books they put into the third "group" I'm assuming by accident and they went very low as proven by the fact they were on eBay weeks later and sold for almost double.

That is a major gripe with me as well. It would seem rather intuitive to allow for a save function. Does anyone know why they don’t offer this feature?

29 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i must not be picky about my "interface;" i have no issues with the site, and much prefer it to c'link, where you have to snipe at the end and it's a maybe/maybe not proposition.   i've actually come to like the 3 minute extension format on c'c, as it lets me noodle a bit...   finally, as a consignor, i promise you watching the books come down to the end, seeing the 3 mins. extend repeatedly is an absolute blast.

Fair points. I don’t generally sell books as a black hole collector. My viewpoints may change when the time comes. I suppose opinions will vary as a collector who predominantly sells or buys on these sites.

What’s the general consensus on getting the “best prices “ as a seller and as a buyer?

I like Heritage the best. Their site is easy to navigate and you can really zoom in on the comics.

CLink’s refusal to declare hidden defects and/or post back cover photos has soured me on bidding there.

ComicConnect is okay, but their offerings just haven’t appealed to me for about a year now.

Also, the last book I won on ComicConnect came with a crack on the slab. Their consignment rep told me “not to worry about it’.

Edited by thewritestuff

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Yep. I make a new favorites folder in my browser and have to save each seperate book in it. I use opera which displays a picture of the book in the folder. Kind of a pain. 

7 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

I like Heritage the best. Their site is easy to navigate and you can really zoom in on the comics.

CLink’s refusal to declare hidden defects and/or post back cover photos has soured me on bidding there.

ComicConnect is okay, but their offerings just haven’t appealed to me for about a year now.

Also, the last book I won on ComicConnect came with a crack on the slab. Their consignment rep told me “not to worry about it’.

Actually recently I've noticed that CL has been posting back cover pix of the more valuable books in their auctions. It used to be just the big "featured books," now it's even semi-keys included within a certain dollar value I believe.