• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,095 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

As the PLOD label clearly shows for the Action 13, it looks like there was more work done on the book than just a married cover.  :gossip:

Interesting to note that if the work was limited to just a married cover and nothing more than that, the book would not receive the PLOD label as this type of work is no longer considered to be restoration.  Doesn't make much sense to me, especially since CGC still has marrried cover or married interior pages listed as  falling under the Restoration umbrella.  They really need to update their website for their Restoration Grading Scale, although it's quite possible they themselves are totally confused as to what activities falls under Restoration, what falls under Conservation, and what falls under Qualified.  O.o  :facepalm:  :devil:

I firmly believe this copy could be resubmitted for a conserved label based on the notes.  If the pieces added to the interior were leafcast I would imagine it would be entirely plausible it could (and should) be re-subbed and receive conserved status.  Assuming there aren't any other significant restorative graders notes that are not posted on the label, that is (and there shouldn't be).

Rather surprisingly, not much action on these pre-Robin 'Tec books.  :whatthe:

Probably not the best idea to have these books lead the auction off right at the start because a lot of potential bidders (like me :facepalm:) might end up coming in late and not even be settled in yet.  doh!

Prices were definitely not very strong on these books this time.  :(

Edited by lou_fine

57 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

The 29 went just under 16

the 33 went 27

the 35 went 28500 I think

the 36 went just over 30

How do you guys feel about these prices? I’ve always believed the auctions that end near Christmas net prices that are low. I know the All Select 1 got big money(IMO). What do you think about these preRobin tecs?

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

How do you guys feel about these prices? I’ve always believed the auctions that end near Christmas net prices that are low. I know the All Select 1 got big money(IMO). What do you think about these preRobin tecs?

Prices were below what I would have expected; especially, considering the recent hot market.  Like stated previously, wonder if being listed first tonight hurt the books.

Edited by Ltpink2002

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I am a big Pre-Robin fan and was tempted but these particular books didn't pull me in.

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

the consignor of the tec 36 must be hurtin'

he bought it off CL for 44K sold tonight for 30K

No doubt, but I guess the consignor has only themself to blame for this loss. :tonofbricks:

Looks like his first mistake was overpaying for the book in the first place when he decided to bid that high for the book back in September of 2017.  doh!

The second was hoping that somebody would come along and make the same mistake which he had made, although I will certainly admit that $30,200 does appear to be a bit on the low side for this nicely presenting copy of 'Tec 36.  (shrug)

4 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Will someone tell me the prices of the preRobin tecs?

Not as bad of a hit that the consignor of the 'Tec 36 had to take, but it looks like the consignor of the CGC graded copy of 'Tec 37 also lost money on his book on this go round as it sold for only $35K or $500 less than its condition guide value of $35,500.  :(

Looks like the book was listed as selling for $38,240 or at 3X condition guide value back in 2015 when it was graded as being only a CGC 7.5 copy with "3 small pieces of tape on interior".  :whatthe:

Not sure how the book was able to get an upgrade if the pieces of tape had been removed, but potential bidders probably also had the same question and hence this might have had a negative impact on the result.  hm  (shrug)

The restored 29 could have done better. It has in past auctions.

The 33 is what it is. :eek: An eyesore.

The 37 probably turned off some bidders on account of the huge scribbling.

The 36 I thought went low. If anyone wants to sell their 36 at that price range, let me know :grin:

Edited by Gotham Kid