• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,124 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Then again, there's the odd exception like this HTF copy of a book that seldom comes to market which should go for a reasonable price given its condition:  :luhv:

sta2.575_1.jpg

Let's see if it's going to end up doing better tonight than what happened with the pre-Robin 'Tec books which definitely seem to underperformed on this particular go round.  hm  :taptaptap:

I get irrationally angry/upset now seeing that cover. I sold my super low grade copy (coverless but with a pro cover re-attached. CBCS 0.3 grade but still decent PQ and displayed great) on Ebay and figured it would get SOME traction as a no-reserve auction....but nope...it ended up barely going for over $100.

33 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I get irrationally angry/upset now seeing that cover. I sold my super low grade copy (coverless but with a pro cover re-attached. CBCS 0.3 grade but still decent PQ and displayed great) on Ebay and figured it would get SOME traction as a no-reserve auction....but nope...it ended up barely going for over $100.

Well, some lucky bidder sure got a steal of a deal on a nice GA key book, even though it was in low grade condition. :frustrated:

Then again, eBay would probably be the last auction site that I wiould be using to try to sell my GA books, especially when it comes to GA keys.  hm  doh!

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, some lucky bidder sure got a steal of a deal on a nice GA key book, even though it was in low grade condition. :frustrated:

Then again, eBay would probably be the last auction site that I wiould be using to try to sell my GA books, especially when it comes to GA keys.  hm  doh!

Yup, I use Ebay to sell other non-comic items but this was the first time in almost 20 years I decided to list some comics. I regret every single listing and sale...it was painful the amount of money I lost/left on the table. NEVER AGAIN! :D  Live and learn.

55 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, unlike some of the pre-Robin 'Tec consignors who must have been down in the dumps after last night's auction results, the consignor of this classic cover book here must be feeling pretty ecstatic about the bidding on this book here:  :whee:  :banana:

pep1.1198_1.jpg

Managed to fetch $14,200 or something like 15X condition guide valuation and a whole ton more than the mere $5,800 it sold for in the big Jon Berk auction a few summers ago.  :whatthe:  :applause:

That’s huge !!!

56 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, unlike some of the pre-Robin 'Tec consignors who must have been down in the dumps after last night's auction results, the consignor of this classic cover book here must be feeling pretty ecstatic about the bidding on this book here:  :whee:  :banana:

pep1.1198_1.jpg

Managed to fetch $14,200 or something like 15X condition guide valuation and a whole ton more than the mere $5,800 it sold for in the big Jon Berk auction a few summers ago.  :whatthe:  :applause:

Yeah, when a pretty 6.0 sells for $15,000 in the July HA auction, this price was a surprise to me.

Yep, the 54 went for 41,611. I thought it would have hit at least 50,000 considering what it is. The last 9.0 sold for 26K in 2012 but it was a real beauty with White pages. There is a Larson 9.2 that I believe was upgraded from a 9.0 which was a Nick Cage book. Sold as a 9.0 for 39K in 2002 and for 38K as a 9.2 in 2015. Such a great book and only 29 Blue's out there. 

The 55 9.4 wow, 88K. Same 9.4 that sold for 124K on CC in 2016. The other 9.4 also with White pages went for just 51K in 2017, also on CC. Some pretty big fluctuations on this book. 

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

You can see "SOLD" items on ComicConnect by using the drop down menu on top.

Definitely like the fact that their auction archives updates almost on a real time basis now as it includes all of their current auctions within minutes of them finishing up.  :applause:

The only problem is that you have to input the title exactly correctly if you want to pull up the data for a particular book.  This means leaving out hyphens and what not sometimes which can definitely be somewhat frustrating at times.  :frustrated:

The other thing is that they appear to have lost some of their historical data from their earlier auctions since I no longer see the Atlantic City copies of Action 10 and Action 13 which used to show up as part of their auction archives prior to their upgrade last year.  :(

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely like the fact that their auction archives updates almost on a real time basis now as it includes all of their current auctions within minutes of them finishing up.  :applause:

The only problem is that you have to input the title exactly correctly if you want to pull up the data for a particular book.  This means leaving out hyphens and what not sometimes which can definitely be somewhat frustrating at times.  :frustrated:

The other thing is that they appear to have lost some of their historical data from their earlier auctions since I no longer see the Atlantic City copies of Action 10 and Action 13 which used to show up as part of their auction archives prior to their upgrade last year.  :(

ComicConnect - ACTION COMICS (1938-2011) #10 - CGC VF/NM: 9.0

ComicConnect - ACTION COMICS (1938-2011) #13 - CGC NM-: 9.2

I have them in my save Auction stuff

Wonder what in the world :wink: this Church copy of Wonderworld 33 will finish up at since it's already sitting at $14,311 with 15 more minutes still to go:  :luhv:

won3.319a.jpg

Unlike the pre-Robin 'Tec books where the consignors did not do so well, I imagine the consignor of this book here must be rather ecstatic since they picked it up for only a paltry $6,200 in the big Jon Berk auction a few summers ago:  :takeit:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/714960

Edited by lou_fine

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Wonder what in the world :wink: this Church copy of Wonderworld 33 will finish up at since it's already sitting at $14,311 with 15 more minutes still to go:  :luhv:

won3.319a.jpg

Unlike the pre-Robin 'Tec books where the consignors did not do so well, I imagine the consignor of this book here must be rather ecstatic since they picked it up for only a paltry $6,200 in the big Jon Berk auction a few summers ago:  :takeit:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/714960

$18,755.  Wow.