• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,086 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, looks like they've got a total of 101 books loaded into their upcoming Event Auction so far.  

The first 98 seems to loaded including their cover scans and all of them have the 15% BP.  The last 3 including the FF73 still seems to be a work in progress as there are no scans loaded in yet.  Any bets that once the their scans are loaded in, they are going to finished the lot off with the 15% BP notation.  :taptaptap:  :censored:

Interesting. There has been economic research on premiums, and most of the literature suggests it primarily introduces complexity:

Screenshot_20201224-064833~2.png

Edited by Northwest

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, looks like they've got a total of 101 books loaded into their upcoming Event Auction so far.  

The first 98 seems to loaded including their cover scans and all of them have the 15% BP.  The last 3 including the FF73 still seems to be a work in progress as there are no scans loaded in yet.  Any bets that once the their scans are loaded in, they are going to finished the lot off with the 15% BP notation.  :taptaptap:  :censored:

I bet ya.

Edited by woowoo

23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Heritage has always been charging both a BP and a SP right from the get go when they first entered the market way back in 2002 or was it 2003? 

There's a reason why they are able to get away with charging both when you take a look at how they operate and all of the associated costs which they have to bear in comparison to a much smaller operation like CC andCL.  This then also has a definite impact on what they are able to offer to their comsignors in terms of catlogs, superior website, etc.  hm

The question for the consignors is whether is worth paying the extra fees for all of these fancy frills that you get as what really counts to them is the bottom lin net they are going to get for their books.  (thumbsu

I think for high quality books HA is worth the difference,CC charging BP is just the begining but in terms of website and buyer reach Ha is the clear #1 by a mile

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I think for high quality books HA is worth the difference,CC charging BP is just the begining but in terms of website and buyer reach Ha is the clear #1 by a mile

I must be the only person who likes CLink's website the best.

9 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I must be the only person who likes CLink's website the best.

Nope. I don't dislike CL at all. It is relatively simple navigation. Only issue is the introduction of a "Watch" feature for the auctions and a searchable archive ( which they are greatly improving as of late - kudos to them for that ! )

Guessing they'll be winning over some customers if they stick to no BP.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I just think the introduction of the BP sucks.

ComicConnect had, for the longest time, used this as a punchline. And everyone was happy about it.

Now what ?

Right. This changes my collecting trajectory since I always planned on a “Jon Berk-like” exit thru CC - (except for the part where my collection doesn’t hold a candle to his)

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

11 minutes ago, Micah S. said:

Hi, this is Micah from ComicConnect, I handle most of the original art consignments. Vincent asked me to post this in reply to the discussion that has been going on here in the forum.

We read your comments and wanted to address them. First, thanks for bidding in our last auction. We really appreciate it.

ComicConnect will not be charging buyer’s premiums on all items in our auctions. For the most part, comics and art will not have buyer’s premiums. However there are cases wherein clients have expressed interest in using buyer’s premiums. We are trying to accommodate their needs. In our first Event Auction of 2021 there will be a large collection with a buyer’s premium. Those comics will be sold in separate sessions. Again, we are not moving to a standard fixed buyer’s premium on all auctions. I hope this clears things up.

Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year!

Thank you,

Vincent Zurzolo

I really do not understand the strategy of a consignor asking for a BP, but nor do I need to. What I understand is, except for an odd circumstance, no BP. That’s welcome news.

Right on time, brother

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, Micah S. said:

Hi, this is Micah from ComicConnect, I handle most of the original art consignments. Vincent asked me to post this in reply to the discussion that has been going on here in the forum.

We read your comments and wanted to address them. First, thanks for bidding in our last auction. We really appreciate it.

ComicConnect will not be charging buyer’s premiums on all items in our auctions. For the most part, comics and art will not have buyer’s premiums. However there are cases wherein clients have expressed interest in using buyer’s premiums. We are trying to accommodate their needs. In our first Event Auction of 2021 there will be a large collection with a buyer’s premium. Those comics will be sold in separate sessions. Again, we are not moving to a standard fixed buyer’s premium on all auctions. I hope this clears things up.

Thank you,

Vincent Zurzolo

Why would a client want any type of buyers premium ?  That makes no sense whatsoever as far as I can tell. Can anyone think of one example ?  

Edited by Chicago Boy

1 hour ago, Micah S. said:

Thank you,

Vincent Zurzolo

Good to know. Thank you 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Why would a client want any type of buyers premium ?  That makes no sense whatsoever as far as I can tell. Can anyone think of one example ?  

Maybe it’s a client who previously used HA, and they think they get higher final realized prices this way. granted anyone with a basic understanding of math can figure out how to calculate their actual bid by adding 15% to the number they enter.

Could be that the entire buyers premium is being returned to the consignor.  Other auction houses will negotiate a portion of the buyers premium going to the consignor if the value of the consignment is high enough.  It’s all mind games really.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I may be in the minority here, but this book looks mighty tasty.

AllStarr3.jpg

Beautiful book. The QES sticker assures the buyer this book looks better than the non-existent other 9.4s. QES: resolving more hypothetical debates than freshman philosophy. 

1 hour ago, szav said:

Maybe it’s a client who previously used HA, and they think they get higher final realized prices this way. granted anyone with a basic understanding of math can figure out how to calculate their actual bid by adding 15% to the number they enter.

Could be that the entire buyers premium is being returned to the consignor.  Other auction houses will negotiate a portion of the buyers premium going to the consignor if the value of the consignment is high enough.  It’s all mind games really.

Yeah. Maybe it’s a kick back. Cuz they had to finally take a lower consignment because Heritage is destroying them on great books lately  

5 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I cannot understand why any seller would want a BP either?

It makes no sense to me either but perhaps they get a smidge more money out of the transaction?