• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

:bump:

Just took a quick glance at the upcoming CC Event Auction and was wondering if anybody here would have the scoop on this so-called Kentucky Collection?  hm

Especially since it seems to have taken up half of the current listings to date with first 56 pages dedicated to this collection.  :whatthe:

Seems to be primarily runs of mainstream comic titles in terms of GA DC's, SA Marvels, Fiction House jungle related titles, etc. and unfortunately, not so much the classic GA covers which seems to be the hottest part of the GA marketplace right now. :popcorn:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Just took a quick glance at the upcoming CC Event Auction and was wondering if anybody here would have the scoop on this so-called Kentucky Collection?  hm

COMMENTS: A 15% BUYER'S PREMIUM WILL BE ADDED TO THIS ITEM AT CONCLUSION OF THE AUCTION

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Especially since it seems to have taken up half of the current listings to date with first 56 pages dedicated to this collection.  :whatthe:

I guess this explains why they were willing to alter their rules for this customer.  Lotta good looking high grade books in this collection (although quite a few purple label books too, and it does seem to be missing a lot of keys).

Remains to seen if that  15%BP is just for this consignor or if it becomes their standard practice in the future.

Edited by szav

7 minutes ago, szav said:

COMMENTS: A 15% BUYER'S PREMIUM WILL BE ADDED TO THIS ITEM AT CONCLUSION OF THE AUCTION

I guess this explains why they were willing to alter their rules for this customer.  Lotta good looking high grade books in this collection (although quite a few purple label books too, and it does seem to be missing a lot of keys).

Remains to seen if that  15%BP is just for this consignor or if it becomes their standard practice in the future.

For this consignor Vincent told me.

personally i hope people will avoid bidding on items in this auction. it sets a very bad precedent, and something tells me that they will not have the automatic calculator on their site like HA does, to let you know what your bid actually is with BP. i think one major auction site using the hated BP is more than enough to go around. 

12 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

personally i hope people will avoid bidding on items in this auction. it sets a very bad precedent, and something tells me that they will not have the automatic calculator on their site like HA does, to let you know what your bid actually is with BP.

If they won't have a calculator and it won't be obvious that there's BP and how much you're going to pay on top of the hammer price, then I totally agree with you.

12 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i think one major auction site using the hated BP is more than enough to go around. 

:facepalm:

Pin on AP Psych

Edited by tth2

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

personally i hope people will avoid bidding on items in this auction. it sets a very bad precedent, and something tells me that they will not have the automatic calculator on their site like HA does, to let you know what your bid actually is with BP. i think one major auction site using the hated BP is more than enough to go around. 

I completely agree. At this point I have 25 books in my watchlist, 22 of them say a 15% BP will be added but 3 of them don't. I don't know why. But you are right about avoiding bidding I feel because to CC this is sort of a test run and if people continue to bid with wreckless abandon like they have been more and more in each big auction lately the 15% will turn into 20% sooner than later. As it is the past few months most of the books I've been waiting for have gone up considerably, last thing I need is to add another 15 or 20% (plus tax on that) to it.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

The BP is only on books from that consignor. I was assured that the books I consigned would not be involved. They are going to clearly mark the books from the specific consignor.

Hi sky, so are you saying that all the books in the next auction with a 15% bp are from the same consignor? If so does that mean it won't be a regular thing on all other books in the future?

8 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I completely agree. At this point I have 25 books in my watchlist, 22 of them say a 15% BP will be added but 3 of them don't. I don't know why. But you are right about avoiding bidding I feel because to CC this is sort of a test run and if people continue to bid with wreckless abandon like they have been more and more in each big auction lately the 15% will turn into 20% sooner than later. As it is the past few months most of the books I've been waiting for have gone up considerably, last thing I need is to add another 15 or 20% (plus tax on that) to it.

Yes to get the books Vincent agreed to let the consignor get all his books with a 15% BP. Just doing what the seller ask for.

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

Yes to get the books Vincent agreed to let the consignor get all his books with a 15% BP. Just doing what the seller ask for.

I'm wondering what the point of asking for that is. I'm trying to think of why a seller would think that was to their advantage.

4 hours ago, ttfitz said:
6 hours ago, woowoo said:

I'm wondering what the point of asking for that is. I'm trying to think of why a seller would think that was to their advantage.

I'm assuming that CC's BP is different from Heritage's by going to the consignor, as opposed to Heritage's BP, which actually goes to the auction house (unless the consignor negotiates a rebate on the BP). 

Otherwise I agree that it wouldn't help the consignor at all.

6 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

As it is the past few months most of the books I've been waiting for have gone up considerably, last thing I need is to add another 15 or 20% (plus tax on that) to it.

cdfb99be8cf90ddfd8175e2be241c9e1.png

7 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Hi sky, so are you saying that all the books in the next auction with a 15% bp are from the same consignor? If so does that mean it won't be a regular thing on all other books in the future?

Hi @Professor ChaosThat is what I was told. I have books in the auction, and if there was a 15% surcharge I would have pulled them, so when I saw this thread I reached out to the person I deal with, Rob, and he confirmed that it was just this one consignor. I was told by someone else who should know, that it was a one time deal to get this specific collection.

I have it in writing that my books will NOT have the surcharge now nor for any future consignments. I realize we never know what the future may bring, but I don't think it's in the current plans.

He also said that this had been explained in the thread, but honestly I have not looked back to check, I just saw the recent posts.

On 12/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, Micah S. said:

Hi, this is Micah from ComicConnect, I handle most of the original art consignments. Vincent asked me to post this in reply to the discussion that has been going on here in the forum.

We read your comments and wanted to address them. First, thanks for bidding in our last auction. We really appreciate it.

ComicConnect will not be charging buyer’s premiums on all items in our auctions. For the most part, comics and art will not have buyer’s premiums. However there are cases wherein clients have expressed interest in using buyer’s premiums. We are trying to accommodate their needs. In our first Event Auction of 2021 there will be a large collection with a buyer’s premium. Those comics will be sold in separate sessions. Again, we are not moving to a standard fixed buyer’s premium on all auctions. I hope this clears things up.

Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year!

Thank you,

Vincent Zurzolo

Here it is.

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Nothing like going against your own marketing mantra to get a collection. 

Hey if @Gotham Kid or @Chicago Boy or @batman_fan wanted to sell in my Auction and he wanted 15% BP added to his books or he would go else where i would say send them to me. The collection is great and the auction house is going to make Bank so ya send me your books i do as you ask (thumbsu If he said No than you might see these books at HA with 20%.:preach: Money Money Money that is what it comes down 2 ^^ if your buying or selling its all abought the Money.