• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,095 posts in this topic

Would be nice if they could get the start date right.  The countdown clock is on/off several times now.

I need to know how much rice & beans to eat!:pullhair:

The clock was up for 3 weeks, I figured that was it and started strategizing, now it's gone again.

I get the feeling they're trying to time this auction to go off right after the next stimulus check.lol

9 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

What's going on with ComicConnect?  It used to match Heritage in terms of frequency of big event auctions and quality of books.  Lately, it seems they've fallen back.  Maybe the issue is simply my inability to successfully navigate their new website.

+1

I'm not even checking out their auctions anymore.  It's simply too much of a hassle.

I have no problem with CC, although for some reason the pics of Adventure Comics, and only Adventure Comics, don't show up on my browser until the auction begins. 

They just seem to take a while to get their auctions up and running. I don't know why as it seems they could be making more money with more frequent auctions. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that I suppose.

10 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

I have no problem with CC, although for some reason the pics of Adventure Comics, and only Adventure Comics, don't show up on my browser until the auction begins. 

Oh boy, good to have some company as I thought it was just me only with this particular issue.  :eyeroll:

Anyways, I just figured it was something wrong with my laptop since images showed up just fine on my cell phone.  (shrug)

Maybe it was just with their old website as I just checked on this revamped website and all of the Adventires pics are in there nice and sharp. :applause: 

Edited by lou_fine

20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Oh boy, good to have some company as I thought it was just me only with this particular issue.  :eyeroll:

Anyways, I just figured it was something wrong with my laptop since images showed up just fine on my cell phone.  (shrug)

Maybe it was just with their old website as I just checked on this revamped website and all of the Adventires pics are in there nice and sharp. :applause: 

Oh good , I thought the same. But its not your laptop, its something with the site. They don't show up on certain things I suppose. The odds of both of us having the same problem only with Adventures is slim doncha think? But enough of all that, tell me more about this revamped website? 

On 2/28/2021 at 7:11 AM, batman_fan said:

I think I am in the minority here but their new site doesn't really bug me that much.

you must have alot of free time. easily the slowest of the big 3 to load pages. but i guess its worth it, for the chance to pay a 15% buyers premium on the site that has always bragged about no buyers premium. 

24 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

you must have alot of free time. easily the slowest of the big 3 to load pages. but i guess its worth it, for the chance to pay a 15% buyers premium on the site that has always bragged about no buyers premium. 

I never have an issue with the pages loading and I only have to pay the 15% if I buy something but I do wonder if this round of 15% is a trial run for something they are AB testing

I didn't mean to start a new topic on this.  I had searched for the connect thread, and didn't get any recent results - didn't realize I had to look almost a month back!

I don't like the BP idea at all.  I tolerate it at Heritage, because I figure it pays for the nice catlaogs, GPA links, the GREAT website with easy past auction searches as a price reference, etc - but not enthused about it at CC for what seems to be a vastly inferior web site, search, organization, etc.

Seems a very poor idea - and I agree that they should have just made a deal with the seller for a reduced commission behind the scenes.

3 hours ago, tpetty said:

I don't like the BP idea at all.  I tolerate it at Heritage, because I figure it pays for the nice catlaogs, GPA links, the GREAT website with easy past auction searches as a price reference, etc - but not enthused about it at CC for what seems to be a vastly inferior web site, search, organization, etc.

Well, since the 15% BP is only for books from the Kentucky Collection which are scheduled for Day 4 and Day 5 of their Event Auction, you can simply and easily avoid it by focusing only on the lots during the first 3 days of the auction.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

And  as is always the case, the buyers commission, fee,  does not affect the buyer.  It comes out of the sellers pocket.  You bid on the comics, but the final prcopay is calculated on every bid made.  It’s part of the sales price and serves only to divide the funds between consign or and auction house.

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, since the 15% BP is only for books from the Kentucky Collection which are scheduled for Day 4 and Day 5 of their Event Auction, you can simply and easily avoid it by focusing only on the lots during the first 3 days of the auction.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

Wait, let me get this straight.  Are you saying if I don’t like something, I don't have to participate in it and ComicConnect makes it easy for me to avoid the thing I don’t like?

36 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Wait, let me get this straight.  Are you saying if I don’t like something, I don't have to participate in it and ComicConnect makes it easy for me to avoid the thing I don’t like?

I actually placed a bunch of bids, I just bid higher on the ones without the 15%...I thought with all the negative press, maybe there will be bargains...hopefully not steep bargains on the books I listed, but maybe a few on the ones I bid on;)

9 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I actually placed a bunch of bids, I just bid higher on the ones without the 15%...I thought with all the negative press, maybe there will be bargains...hopefully not steep bargains on the books I listed, but maybe a few on the ones I bid on;)

All I can say is :luhv: the Archie’s and Batman’s

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

All I can say is :luhv: the Archie’s and Batman’s

Agreed...I don't think I've EVER seen an Archie #2 before and there are 3 of them...I just got outbid on one of them, I'm trying to decide what to do next, lol.

12 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Agreed...I don't think I've EVER seen an Archie #2 before and there are 3 of them...I just got outbid on one of them, I'm trying to decide what to do next, lol.

I am going to hold back any additional bidding until the auction while saving my money !