• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Here come the big guns. Those aren’t the droids, I mean Archie’s, you’re looking for. 

Obi Wan (worship)

So if I pretend we are married, in marriage talk, you just said..."you have the checkbook, go for it;)"

Don't worry, lol...I've spent to much this month to be competitive anyway;) I'll just watch the Timelys.

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Agreed...I don't think I've EVER seen an Archie #2 before and there are 3 of them...I just got outbid on one of them,

People are so rude. :sumo:

18 hours ago, Aman619 said:

And  as is always the case, the buyers commission, fee,  does not affect the buyer.  It comes out of the sellers pocket.  You bid on the comics, but the final prcopay is calculated on every bid made.  It’s part of the sales price and serves only to divide the funds between consign or and auction house.

How do you figure that? The buyer is paying an additional 15% on top of probably overpaying for a book to begin with. I would rather throw that 15% extra on top of my bids to secure the book. The commission fee is the cost the seller pays the auction house to get maximum exposure to sell their books. Why should I pay that?

23 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
34 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Why?  Because I'm a mathematically illiterate imbecile! :banana:

And a lawyer.  But I repeat myself.

All we have to know is how to calculate $1200 times hours worked. :banana:

Actually, we don't even have to know that.  We can hire an accountant to calculate that for us! 

Edited by tth2

43 minutes ago, tth2 said:

All we have to know is how to calculate $1200 times hours worked. :banana:

Actually, we don't even have to know that.  We can hire an accountant to calculate that for us! 

Q: Know how many lawyers it takes to shingle a roof?
A: Depends on how thin you slice em

(hey I’m a lawyer too so I can say it)

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

24 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Wait, let me get this straight.  Are you saying if I don’t like something, I don't have to participate in it and ComicConnect makes it easy for me to avoid the thing I don’t like?

:idea:  Just think, if you also expand this to not participating or even watching any more of the CL and HA auctions, just imagine all of the money you can save from not having to buy as much Depends which you can now reallocate into your budget for buying more comic books.  (thumbsu  lol

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:
21 hours ago, Aman619 said:

And  as is always the case, the buyers commission, fee,  does not affect the buyer.  It comes out of the sellers pocket.  You bid on the comics, but the final prcopay is calculated on every bid made.  It’s part of the sales price and serves only to divide the funds between consign or and auction house.

How do you figure that? The buyer is paying an additional 15% on top of probably overpaying for a book to begin with. I would rather throw that 15% extra on top of my bids to secure the book. The commission fee is the cost the seller pays the auction house to get maximum exposure to sell their books. Why should I pay that?

As @tth2 is always here to remind us, any sane or rational personal who has passed Grade 5 arithmetic will automatically factor the additional BP into their cost to acquire the book when it comes to placing their bids.  :gossip:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:

The reason why it's coming out of the seller's pocket is this BP (unless negotiated away) along with the Seller's Premium are both kept by the auction house and does not go to the consignor.  Any monies on a book that does not go into the pockets of the consignor means that he in fact is really is paying for that amount.  hm  :censored:

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:
21 hours ago, Aman619 said:

As @tth2 is always here to remind us, any sane or rational personal who has passed Grade 5 arithmetic will automatically factor the additional BP into their cost to acquire the book when it comes to placing their bids.  :gossip:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:

The reason why it's coming out of the seller's pocket is this BP (unless negotiated away) along with the Seller's Premium are both kept by the auction house and does not go to the consignor.  Any monies on a book that does not go into the pockets of the consignor means that he in fact is really is paying for that amount.  hm  :censored:

On 2/28/2021 at 12:28 AM, tth2 said:
On 2/27/2021 at 2:34 PM, RareHighGrade said:

What's going on with ComicConnect?  It used to match Heritage in terms of frequency of big event auctions and quality of books.  Lately, it seems they've fallen back.  Maybe the issue is simply my inability to successfully navigate their new website.

+1

I'm not even checking out their auctions anymore.  It's simply too much of a hassle.

Looks like you two might not be the only ones as the activity and action for their current Event Auction seems to be pretty quiet as compared to their previous Event Auctions.  zzz  (shrug)

Took a quick look and after a full week of bidding, it looks like over 25% of their auction lots still have either no bids or only the one bid place on them to date.  Might we find some actual bargain deals here since almost 40% of the lots are still sitting at only single digits in terms of still being under $10 for now.  Especially since the first week is where a lot of the bidding is normally done and then it usually tends to go dead until the final frantic days of the auction.  hm  :taptaptap:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like you two might not be the only ones as the activity and action for their current Event Auction seems to be pretty quiet as compared to their previous Event Auctions.  zzz  (shrug)

Took a quick look and after a full week of bidding, it looks like over 25% of their auction lots still have either no bids or only the one bid place on them to date.  Might we find some actual bargain deals here since almost 40% of the lots are still sitting at only single digits in terms of still being under $10 for now.  Especially since the first week is where a lot of the bidding is normally done and then it usually tends to go dead until the final frantic days of the auction.  hm  :taptaptap:

I predict no bargains 

48 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicConnect sold 1 of the 2 DD1 9.8 for 250K

166266065_757405498249921_68587766107358

Wowzers.........was this through one of their listed Buy It Now sales since I don't think this book would have been assigned to one of their no-profile Monthly Auctions?  hm

That's actually an absolutely mind blowing price for what clearly appears to be a misaligned cover from the above scan that I am looking at.  I imagine the ourchaser must have been one of these deep pocketed new to the comic book marketplace who knows only how to read the title on the label and that big big number on the top left hand corner of the slab.  :p