• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,102 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, bc said:

They must be a little concerned about this auction - some guy from CC called me earlier today and asked if I was aware of it.

-bc

Well, I guess you must be some deep pocketed big time buying customer if you got a personal phone call from them.  :bigsmile:

I just checked my email and notice that I had received some standard form email message from some Kiera chick earlier this afternoon informing me about their big Event Auction next week.  I guess I must be a nobody compared to you then.  :frown:  :wink:

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess you must be some deep pocketed big time buying customer if you got a personal phone call from them.  :bigsmile:

I just checked my email and notice that I had received some standard form email message from some Kiera chick earlier this afternoon informing me about their big Event Auction next week.  I guess I must be a nobody compared to you then.  :frown:  :wink:

:roflmao:

Think they got the wrong number then.

-bc

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

image.jpeg.9fe6ecff5138e2691de1be2804ed5b88.jpeg

15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I also got a call this week, not sure what their criteria is for this.

It's not the first time I have wondered, either. I use their wantlist feature to save me some time when looking at an auction. Just to be complete, I add everything that I don't own, whether I can reasonably expect to buy or not - so it's got Action Comics #1-whatever, and Detective 27+. Early last month, I received an email AND a phone call that they had a Detective Comics #31 available, if I was interested. "Ask is $55K." Now, the most I have ever spent on a book with them MIGHT be as high as $500, and that only on a rare occasion. 

Edited by ttfitz
Time. The days fade into one another.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

It seems they are calling a lot of people, I just got a call. Maybe they are not calling Canada @lou_fine

Maybe I should turn off my cell phone anyways, just in case then.  lol

Seriously, I finally got around to opening up my catalog yesterday and if you are a DC GA collector, you are definitely going to have to check with your banker for a second mortgage because there's a whole ton of nice books in there from the Kentucky Collection.  You still have time because that portion of the auction won't be until next Thursday and Friday of next week.  :bigsmile:

And if you are into Spidey's or uber high grade Conan's or Daredevil's, you should probably set aside some time for yourself to do some bidding in the first few days of the auction then.  :gossip:

Not sure if everybody is suffering from auction fatigue right now with HA already having 2 big Signature Auctions this year alone or from CL seemingly never ending auction that started back in February, but as @batman_fan stated in a previous post, bids and prices sure seem to be progressing at a snail's pace as compared to some of their previous Event Auctions.  Just checked and it looks like a full 15% of their auction lots are still sitting in the single dollar digits (i.e. under $10) while a full 55% of their auction lots are still sitting at less than $100 for now at least.  hm

Hmmmm.....................maybe it's time for me to throw in some bids once I check out more of their auction offerings this weekend.  :wishluck:

Okay, managed to fight my way out of the bargain basement dungeon to take a quick glimpse of the view from the penthouse before I get booted out.  lol

Look like this book is all alone right now taking up not only the penthouse, but the entire top few floors all for its own:  :bigsmile:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900235

bat1.19587_2.jpg

Not sure where it will end up by the time it's all said and done, but sitting all by itself now at $597,222 (i.e. $686,805 with BP) which is more than a few hundred thousand higher than it's next closest neighbor down below.  (thumbsu

Will definitely be interesting to see where this copy finishes up at, especially considering all of the rather extraordinarily record high prices all of the other copies have received on Heritage over the past few months so far this year.  I guess it's only a matter of less than a week then until we find out.  hm  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

3 hours ago, podboy66 said:

They do call Canada, they call me every auction.  I usually let it go straight to voicemail.

I was joking;) I almost hung up on them, I thought it was one of those "your warrantee is in danger" spam calls.

I did suggest they post here. 

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hmmmm.....................maybe it's time for me to throw in some bids once I check out more of their auction offerings this weekend.  :wishluck:

Okay, was flipping through their auction catalogue and noticed a couple of high demand and hot to trot GA classic cover books here, as follows: :cloud9:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/908049

mas2.46.jpg

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/908050

mas2.47_2.jpg

Aren't these normally low 5-figures books now in recent auctions in grades even starting from CGC 3.0?  Not sure if I am remembering this correctly or not, but wasn't Mask 1 the first to explode in prices a few years ago, and more recently, Mask 2 has been doing a big time catch up with additional copies coming into the marketplace?   Maybe I'll also post this question over in the Mask thread since the Mask aficionados might know more about these two books here. hm 

Will be interesting to see where these 2 finish up and see which one grabs the gold medal in terms of higher price point.  If Mask 1 is going to do it, I guess it's going to have a bit of running to do to catch up since it's currently stuck at only $3,850 while Mask 2 has already lapped it sitting at a nice fat $8,150.  And guess what people.............no Buyer's Premium on these 2 books for the mathematically challenged, so you pay what you bid.  :banana:

Will definitely be interesting to watch the race between these 2 and see what happens in the end. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

9 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Is there a way to search Golden Age only in their auctions? (shrug)

Nope. I’ve talked to Vince about this and how we GA collectors have to go through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat. I have seen that they try to cluster all the GA on one day, which is certainly helpful.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Has anyone ever made a few lists of breakdowns of tallies comparing Gold/Silver/Bronze based on hammer prices of event auctions?

Maybe for Metro unless there is a half a million dollar gold book in the auction Gold gets the Bronze (i crack myself up) when all is said and done, so they want the gold bidders to peruse the bronze and silver offerings because by breakdown maybe they bring in more money and hope for a few impulse buys? (shrug)

4 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

You can search by title.

I just bumped my post in the seller's thread.

It seems from the first answer I got, that  people are still confused about the 15% fee, that's only on the Kentucky collection.

I'm really sorry ComicConnect set it up this way, I wonder how much it's going to affect all the other bids..

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

It seems from the first answer I got, that  people are still confused about the 15% fee, that's only on the Kentucky collection.

I'm really sorry ComicConnect set it up this way, I wonder how much it's going to affect all the other bids..

Well, the easiest way to think about this is that there's no 15% at all on any of the auction lots on the first 3 days (i.e. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) and then there's the 15% BP on the last 2 days because the Kentucky Collection has all been allocated to Thursday and Friday.  hm

What I can't understand is why so many people have such a hard time understanding this and say they are going to refuse to bid in the auction because of it and also seemingly as a form of protest.   After all, it's not exactly rocket science that we are talking about here.  :facepalm:

Foe potential bidders who want to win some books though, this could be a field day for them here as others stay away, especially since I've got a lot of leading bids in on nice GA books right now and they are nowhere even anywhere close to triple digits.  :banana:

Edited by lou_fine

On 4/8/2021 at 10:26 PM, lou_fine said:

I got both of you beat Vincent Facebooks me :devil:

Is it just me or is anybody else surprised by how well this beautiful looking copy of All Star Comics 3 is doing so far, at $338K+ with the BP: :applause: :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900255

all3.2229_1.jpg

Especially since I thought the All Star run had lost some of its lustre when it along with the More Fun run were considered to be must have runs if you were to be deemed as a true GA DC collector back in the day, but not so much anymore.  hm  (shrug)

Then again, I guess not as surprising as the Billy Wright CGC 8.5 graded copy which resold for $200K, but we all know the story behind that one there. lol

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Is it just me or is anybody else surprised by how well this beautiful looking copy of All Star Comics 3 is doing so far, at $338K+ with the BP: :applause: :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900255

all3.2229_1.jpg

Especially since I thought the All Star run had lost some of its lustre when it along with the More Fun run were considered to be must have runs if you were to be deemed as a true GA DC collector back in the day, but not so much anymore.  hm  (shrug)

Then again, I guess not as surprising as the Billy Wright CGC 8.5 graded copy which resold for $200K, but we all know the story behind that one there. lol

Not terribly surprised. 2nd highest graded with the possibility of a press up to the highest grade of 9.6.  FMV of $310,000 plus that QES sticker has to be worth a $20K bump or so. LOL.