• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,066 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

You can tell how hard they juke the scans just from how electric the blue is on the CGC label.  I've never seen a CGC label look like that in hand.:banana:

LOL! "Juke the scans" is my new favorite phrase.  :banana: 

19 hours ago, 10centcomics said:

I was a little surprised by this as well. The label said all the interior wraps were split--I'm surprised that's allowed in 2.5. (A detached cover with the spine fully split gets you a 1.8 at best)

Surprised as well too! Thought it would close more in the lower 20k range. To be honest, I didn't even see the brittle pages until someone on here pointed it out. I just looked at the book and how pretty the covers are. I'm thinking maybe a couple bidders didn't see the PQ on it too? Who knows but still a strong price!

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Well the highlight for tonight is the Bat 1 CGC 8.0 copy at just under $700k. Can it top 1 mil? We'll soon find out :popcorn:

Including the buyer's premium, it is now sitting at a lofty 1.15 mil

Edit: Now over 1 mil without the buyer's premium.

Edited by NEED MO DAKKA
update

21 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, looks like they had pretty much the entire run of the Master of Kung-Fu series available in their Event Auction earlier this evening, with virtually all of them in uber HG CGC 9.8 graded condition.  :whatthe:   :cloud9:

It's a bit too bad that Gulacy who did the beautiful interiors for most of the early issues didn't do more than a few of the later cover artwork, because it's definitely hard to beat an absolutely stunning cover like this one here:  :luhv:   :takeit:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/897932

mas10.1143_2.jpg

Since I have always loved this cover because it appears very Bruce Lee like to me, I figured that I would give this one a shot as it probably wouldn't look too bad in one of the rooms in my house.  Was in on the bidding until it got too high for my taste and was rather surprised that it actually went as high as the $338 realized price.  Even more surprising was the fact that CGC didn't do their usual and knocked the grade way way down for that large fugly written scrawl across the front cover.  :fear:  :p

I probably would have been willing to bid in that rarified air space if it had been a truly clean book without that scrawled signature and anyways, figured that the minty fresh copy that I had cherry picked off the shelves of the LCS for only 35 cents way back in the day and which I still have will just have to do for now.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

:sumo: I was not prepared to lose this book. :sumo:  

:)

The guy with the number 2 MOKF collection cashed out of his entire collection (lots of SA and BA full runs) leaving me as the owner of the new #2 MOKF collection. 

:)

Edited by SuperBird

5 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

Wowsers!  Great result for a great book.  Does this mean the mid-grades like 6.5 also tripled in value since late 2020?   I wouldn't be surprised.  

Whew! I'm gonna go kiss my VG copy goodnight.  

22 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Damn, $1.2 mil after you factor in the 15% buyers premium! The 9.4 for 2.2 mil seems like a deal now lol

That was a whole 3 months ago in the prehistoric era.   Now the six 8.0s are $1 - 1.2mil, 8.5 would be $1.5-1.8mil, the 9.0 at least $2mil, and the 9.4 would be $3mil

26 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

That was a whole 3 months ago in the prehistoric era.   Now the six 8.0s are $1 - 1.2mil, 8.5 would be $1.5-1.8mil, the 9.0 at least $2mil, and the 9.4 would be $3mil

Very true, 3 months seems like forever ago at this point 🤣