• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

Will be interesting to see what these Kentucky books look like in hand.  Sone amazing looking colors on most of the FH but one can only wonder how amped those scans were.  Did anyone get to see these in person prior to auction?

Hopefully I’m wrong but feel a bit skeptical on sone of the too good to be true looking ones.

10 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

My two wins.  That Jumbo 17 was a dogfight, but it looks so. dang. good.  The Flash is one of the tougher underwater books to get, from my experience anyway.

fla1.1648.jpg

Flash 96 is extremely tough. No doubt about it. This one presents great for the grade. 

On 4/14/2021 at 10:32 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 4/14/2021 at 6:20 PM, Dark Knight said:

Nothing's worst than the Transformers 1 CGC 9.9 that sold north of 40k 

Yes.

#Bidders.on.Crack.

Lesson learned and you certainly won't catch me napping on the next big huge breakout book here.  :gossip:

Especially since I've already scarfed up every single copy of Shogun Warriors 1 and Micronauts 1 that I could find from the loonie bin box and now got them all stacked to the rafters in my room and all ready to go.  :banana:  :flipbait:

49 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I know people talk about slow shipping of winning from CC but I paid on Monday and should have mine on Saturday :banana:

And I went with the cheap shipping

I sent my check in the mail Saturday, so I'm expecting a nasty email any day demanding payment. :whee:

Just now, entalmighty1 said:

I sent my check in the mail Saturday, so I'm expecting a nasty email any day demanding payment. :whee:

I had to set up a separate folder in my email to hold all of those email.  I think they sent them almost daily.  Got my 1st on on the 2nd day of the auction

Was reading the CC article from the Scoop newsletter which I receive every Friday and noticed one of their noted highlights here:  :applause:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900731

all4.892_2.jpg

Especially good to see that this gorgeous presenting copy here was still able to sell for $20,940 or for a healthy 41.5% premium over condition guide valuation, even though it was residing in one of those much dread PLOD holders, albeit with only Slight (A1) restoration work.  :golfclap:

I guess with restoration, it still really depends on both the extent and the quality of the restoration work because a CGC 7.0 graded copy of Action 7 with Mod/Ext (B-4) restoration work only sold for a tiny fraction of condition guide (i.e. 14.6% only), while a CGC 7.0 graded copy of More Fun 73 with Slight/Mod (A-2) restoration work sold at a discount of 67.5% to condition guide.  hm  (thumbsu

On 4/21/2021 at 11:24 AM, entalmighty1 said:

I sent a check as well, so I expect after three weeks from it being cashed I will have to send an email asking when the book might be shipped, followed by an email an hour or two later telling me it's just been processed for shipping with a Fedex tracking number. 

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:
On 4/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, lou_fine said:

I've already scarfed up every single copy of Shogun Warriors 1

Pm me.  Lol. 

image.jpg

Now, that looks like an easy 6-figure photo, value-wise, from my POV if you can flash it front of the right set of FOMO crazed eyeballs.  O.o  :devil:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Was reading the CC article from the Scoop newsletter which I receive every Friday and noticed one of their noted highlights here:  :applause:

all4.892_2.jpg

Especially good to see that this gorgeous presenting copy here was still able to sell for $20,940 or for a healthy 41.5% premium over condition guide valuation, even though it was residing in one of those much dread PLOD holders, albeit with only Slight (A1) restoration work.  :golfclap:

I guess with restoration, it still really depends on both the extent and the quality of the restoration work because a CGC 7.0 graded copy of Action 7 with Mod/Ext (B-4) restoration work only sold for a tiny fraction of condition guide (i.e. 14.6% only), while a CGC 7.0 graded copy of More Fun 73 with Slight/Mod (A-2) restoration work sold at a discount of 67.5% to condition guide.  hm  (thumbsu

I keep hoping that restoration on key GA books will become less and less of a stigma as time passes and prices keep going up.

10 minutes ago, IngelsFan said:

I keep hoping that restoration on key GA books will become less and less of a stigma as time passes and prices keep going up.

+1 Yep I think this is already happening as books become scarcer and scarcer. I really have no problem with restoration if it's disclosed. The only restoration I actively dislike is trimming and I try to avoid that (but I even broke that rule recently since the discount was very high)

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

all4.892_2.jpg

I had my eye on this book until it became the price of a small vehicle. Watched it all throughout the auction, it was actually at a very reasonable price up until the last few days. Restored or not that is one beautiful book.  I don't know why Lou and I keep having our eye on the same books. :baiting: