• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, woowoo said:

From your sig line it looks like it's a restored 5.0 are you redoing it ?. I sold my Detective 3 and 4 to Ian 2004 at the time he told me you had an upper grade Fantasy 15 for 7500 that i wanted but when i was going to have him pick it up for me he said you wanted more so i never got it. let me know what the Action 7 is graded at when you get it.

Yes it's a 5.0, but with problems, I'll dig out the scan and send it to you.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:24 AM, bpc3qh said:

Oh what a gorgeous looking book that is. My copy of the other great Grundy cover (All-Star 33) is Restored, so I have no issues buying a PLOD copy when it's in my price range. Alas, this copy...was not.

Well, if the restored copy of All-American 61 is not in your price range, you can always go try for this newly designated pedigree copy then:  :devil:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F9%2F2%2F6%2F239265

Looks like they haven't finished fully loading this scan into their auction website yet, but since this is only a CGC 9.6 graded copy, it makes me really curious as to whether the highest CGC 9.8 graded copy is also from a pedigree.  If so, which pedigree and really jealous of the collector who owns it.  :cloud9:

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if the restored copy of All-American 61 is not in your price range, you can always go try for this newly designated pedigree copy then:  :devil:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F9%2F2%2F6%2F239265

Looks like they haven't finished fully loading this scan into their auction website yet, but since this is only a CGC 9.6 graded copy, it makes me really curious as to whether the highest CGC 9.8 graded copy is also from a pedigree.  If so, which pedigree and really jealous of the collector who owns it.  :cloud9:

Oh my sweet merciful god! I can't even comprehend that level of beauty.

43 minutes ago, woowoo said:

(tsk) @GreatCaesarsGhostnot even 500k or I am getting old :ohnoez:

I don’t know man, I’m feeling a high price on this one. The last time a 9.6 sold was in 2016 for $350K. X-Men 1 has skyrocketed since then. A 9.2 was worth what, I think $40K-$50K in 2016? Last couple 9.2 sales went for $128K and around $132K I believe, and that was I sh*t you not before this mega rise X-Men 1 has gone on. Just saying, don’t be surprised if my guess gets beat.

26 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I will definitely bet you the over on that one.

If Hulk 181 in 9.8 is almost 100K now, this is easy 500

The 5.0 and under copy's sell for a lot on silver age :whistle: bigger pool. I will remind you of this after Auction :preach:

19 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

The QES sticker has now been added. That's at least an additional $100K in potential sales now :bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.07.46 AM.png

QES sticker is just :makepoint: to me if its a 9.6 what good is the sticker. I can also see that the spine is slightly rolled on the bottom so why the sticker (shrug) could it be a 1cents sticker to bring the price up100k more ? The sticker does not mean anything IMO and i have seen books that look better than this in 9.4 so I guess we are buying the Label not the book.

Edited by woowoo

Is there a way to sort CC comic auctions by era/age?  For example, at both Heritage and Comic Link I can choose to page through only Golden age books.  Is there an easy way to do this - that I don't see - so that I can see what Golden Age books are up in the monthly auction without having to page through thousands of comics?

Edited by tpetty