• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure why you would say this since Fishler has been in the game decades longer than Heritage has? hm

Especially since his connections in the marketplace runs long and deep and he apparently has a mind like a steel trap in terms of knowing where the books are and who's interested in what.  Just take a look at the Action 1's and some of the other big books like the pre-Robin 'Tec's where it's probably more than just placing a book on his auction site, but possibly also alerting :gossip: and guiding certain potential buyers to significant books that are coming up.  Possibly not the market maker he once was in the old days prior to the rise of the auction houses, but definitely still wields a lot of influence in the marketplace.  

In addition, some of the older collectors like Jon Berk who also auctioned off his collection through CC probably has stronger ties to the old boys like Fishler, as opposed to these newer players like Ivy and Halperin who made their money elsewhere and decided to move their same game into the comic book marketplace.  By the time it's all said and done (i.e. after all fees and any other charges), there probably wouldn't be that much difference in terms of the bottom-line, so why not give the books back to the one that probably helped you to build the bulk of your collection in the first place.  (thumbsu

my response is probably due to the type of collection which is GA specific you might be right and either auction house would produce the same results, its just that Ha does have the edge of greater resources and clearly a better website in which to display the collection, as well as a different and more efficient  way to auction the material.

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

my response is probably due to the type of collection which is GA specific you might be right and either auction house would produce the same results, its just that Ha does have the edge of greater resources and clearly a better website in which to display the collection, as well as a different and more efficient  way to auction the material.

1427877419_DaveHester.jpg.9c63a813fde5795c4c335735e3e5a76b.jpg

2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I will most definitely concede that Heritage clearly has a much better website in which to display their auction material, along with a much better write-up for each one of their auction lots.  Definitely helps when they have so much more money coming in from other streams of revenues to since the comic book division is just one small part of their overall auction business.  (thumbsu

Until a week or so ago, I also thought Heritage was superior with respect to their auction archives.  From another post on these boards here, I discovered that CC has their own archives with apparently every single item that they have sold or auctioned off.  It's also easily accessible by simply clicking onto the Sold Items button on the left of their home page, typing in whatever book you want to check out, and just like that, all of their previous sales and auction history for that particular book shows up.  :applause:

Gee, the inefficient dummy that I was by wasting my time in terms of retrieving and sorting through their old auction listings to check on the price history of various books when I could have simply done it through their Sold Items archive which is available to everybody to see.  doh!

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I will most definitely concede that Heritage clearly has a much better website in which to display their auction material, along with a much better write-up for each one of their auction lots.  Definitely helps when they have so much more money coming in from other streams of revenues to since the comic book division is just one small part of their overall auction business.  (thumbsu

Until a week or so ago, I also thought Heritage was superior with respect to their auction archives.  From another post on these boards here, I discovered that CC has their own archives with apparently every single item that they have sold or auctioned off.  It's also easily accessible by simply clicking onto the Sold Items button on the left of their home page, typing in whatever book you want to check out, and just like that, all of their previous sales and auction history for that particular book shows up.  :applause:

Gee, the inefficient dummy that I was by wasting my time in terms of retrieving and sorting through their old auction listings to check on the price history of various books when I could have simply done it through their Sold Items archive which is available to everybody to see.  doh!

Thanks …. was never able to get this to work before.  Just to add a little clarity, after clicking sold you have to click on "refine search" before typing in the book name up top.  If you don't open up that bar you'll just get the current items.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:48 PM, lou_fine said:

The CC archives do not appear to be complete. I tried to look up some of the books I've had an eye on in recent years, and some of them do not show up; it may be that the buyer or seller can request to have an item removed.

On 12/26/2018 at 7:00 PM, Gotham Kid said:

det1.15776a.jpg

For the extremely patient bidders, it looks like Tommy's copy of 'Tec 38 is finally coming to a close next week.  :taptaptap:

It looks like this one can still be yours as the current bid is just a shade over $41K right now.  hm