• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,086 posts in this topic

You couldn't help but geek out when the catalog arrived - "Every Centaur Comic!" - we knew Rick's historic achievement but to see that and the background image is pure gold.  Leafing through the catalog is like going through a Gerber but youc an buy these books.  I just know how tough it was form me to finish my Nedor run of the seven superheroish titles and the 20+ years it took me.  And those books weren't nearly as rare as the Centaurs and I didn't go after the entire publisher run.  

Anyone know can I get the catalog background image as a high res image for my desktop background pic?

auction-62-image_large.jpg

Edited by telerites

23 minutes ago, circumstances said:

Almost makes me wish I was still actively accumulating! Good luck Rick!

Be a great time to pick up a few !

20 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like the prices have gone up on the "A's" and the other books scheduled for the first day of the auction.  I imagine they'll go up even more by tomorrow morning before the real action (hopefully at least) kicks in at the end.  :taptaptap:

I hope

Well, looks like you must have been a good boy and your prayers have been answered.  lol

Woke up this morning to find out the one that I really wanted took a jump of about 60% overnight  while I was sound asleep dreaming about tucking it into my collection. :censored:

Told you that you had nothing to worry about and best of luck to you in your auctions this week.  (thumbsu  :wishluck:

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like you must have been a good boy and your prayers have been answered.  lol

Woke up this morning to find out the one that I really wanted took a jump of about 60% overnight  while I was sound asleep dreaming about tucking it into my collection. :censored:

Told you that you had nothing to worry about and best of luck to you in your auctions this week.  (thumbsu  :wishluck:

Since I don’t know where bids were at, I haven’t worried lol

but my experience has been day of auction when things happen :wishluck:

Edited by G.A.tor

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

but my experience has been day of auction when things happen :wishluck:

Yes, looks like I am going to have to step up my game a bit if I hope to have a chance of winning any of these Centaur lots.

Hopefully, everybody will doze off at the same time and I'll be lucky enough to sneak a few through.  zzz  :wishluck:

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, looks like I am going to have to step up my game a bit if I hope to have a chance of winning any of these Centaur lots.

Hopefully, everybody will doze off at the same time and I'll be lucky enough to sneak a few through.  zzz  :wishluck:

Noooooo

47 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Image result for EC Comic story, "Pipe Dream"

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

A 60% overnight jump means nothing in isolation.  That could mean it was at $10 and is now $16. 

What did the price jump mean in terms of the book's FMV?