• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,105 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, path4play said:

What's this?

"Pieces of Action #1 that flaked off as the consignor expertly separated an incomplete, brittle copy won in our auction and then CGC'd the pages; these are the first pages certified by CGC - includes a staple! "

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900651

They should be embarrassed to even list that!

3 minutes ago, thewritestuff said:

They should be embarrassed to even list that!

I'm going through all my books now and shaking any loose flakes in the Mylars out to send to CGC!  I believe I can even produce a staple or two.  Not from an Action #1 mind you, but I'm going for quantity over quality.

15 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i must not be picky about my "interface;" i have no issues with the site, and much prefer it to c'link, where you have to snipe at the end and it's a maybe/maybe not proposition.   i've actually come to like the 3 minute extension format on c'c, as it lets me noodle a bit...   finally, as a consignor, i promise you watching the books come down to the end, seeing the 3 mins. extend repeatedly is an absolute blast.

Definitely in agreement with you here as I don't normally even bother to take a look at CL's auction offerings anymore because I don't care for their auction format (amongst other things) at all.  :p

Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to, but I think some of the features on their new site is now far superior to what they use to have, especially in terms of their now virtualluy real-time up-to-date auction archives.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/25/2020 at 5:05 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Is CGC back to grading IGB stuff ?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900065

ama12.805_2.jpg

How can a book "appear" to be a 9.8 when it's missing pieces of it (the trimmed edges)?  It must be in some small way smaller than other copies.  Giving a book that's thoroughly trimmed an apparent 9.8 is almost encouraging it...

Maybe I'm just really hard on trimming.  (shrug)

6 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

How can a book "appear" to be a 9.8 when it's missing pieces of it (the trimmed edges)?  It must be in some small way smaller than other copies.  Giving a book that's thoroughly trimmed an apparent 9.8 is almost encouraging it...

Maybe I'm just really hard on trimming.  (shrug)

I agree but I guess they don't consider "the fact" that it was trimmed in the grading process, but they do consider "the quality" of the trimming. It is good that they note it on the label and in all caps too. Its like going on a loudspeaker and saying ATTENTION: THIS BOOK HAS BEEN TRIMMED.  I haven't checked into it but I would think most 9.8 resto books have been trimmed. I would think or hope that would really affect the price people would be willing to pay for it. Personally I'd rather have an untrimmed 9.0 to 9.6 than a trimmed 9.8.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, My dinner plans just got canceled so here I am. Anyone know for sure if the back of Sup 1 Page 7 only is the page that depicts the Cover of Action 1. On my end here it says preview unavailable for the back of this. I've seen here on the board a long time member posted a pic of a Page 7 only and it had the page which depicts Action 1 Cover facing the front of the case.Thanks

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/898367

1 hour ago, Professor Chaos said:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, My dinner plans just got canceled so here I am. Anyone know for sure if the back of Sup 1 Page 7 only is the page that depicts the Cover of Action 1. On my end here it says preview unavailable for the back of this. I've seen here on the board a long time member posted a pic of a Page 7 only and it had the page which depicts Action 1 Cover facing the front of the case.Thanks

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/898367

This is what it looks like 

IMG_0526.JPG807768785_Superman1pg7.thumb.jpg.a6fc65fd51af6460eead70f5e7c3fa3b.jpg

Edited by woowoo

On 11/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, skypinkblu said:

Unless it's changed, Clink does not allow you to save any auctions unless you bid. That drives me crazy. I'd usually like to bid near to the end and if I don't bid early so I save the books on their list, I forget half the books I had planned to bid on. They also split up the books into too many groups, so I stopped consigning there.  I had a few nice books they put into the third "group" I'm assuming by accident and they went very low as proven by the fact they were on eBay weeks later and sold for almost double.

Nice people to talk to though.

I just put a reminder on my e-calendar to put in my CL bids when the auction opens. I’ve been in the lead for many great books with a $3 bid! Easy peasy.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:24 AM, thewritestuff said:

I like Heritage the best. Their site is easy to navigate and you can really zoom in on the comics.

CLink’s refusal to declare hidden defects and/or post back cover photos has soured me on bidding there.

ComicConnect is okay, but their offerings just haven’t appealed to me for about a year now.

Also, the last book I won on ComicConnect came with a crack on the slab. Their consignment rep told me “not to worry about it’.

The buyer’s fees on HA, plus sales tax, really hurts. But I’m happy with all of ‘em, including HA, CL, and CC.

And I’ve found CL very receptive to posting back covers; just takes a quick email request.