• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Alright I got the night started off with a bang on that Star Comics 1.  Pretty psyched to add that jester to my collection.

Cool!

3 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

a quick preliminary calculation seems to indicate that the auction results will exceed my expectations by about 25%...that's fantastic news and should eclipse/cover my entire hurricane loss (a shame this is how it had to be done, but takes a huge weight off my shoulders!!!!)

a thank you to all bidders and winners!

a thank you to comicconnect (especially Vin) for their platform and execution

not a collection I will ever complete (or even attempt) again, but what an incredible journey it was to collect them....and there were many many boardies and friends that helped me accomplish ...

I will take some time this weekend to put together some individual comic observations if anyone is interested...some of the realized prices shocked the crud out of me!

That is great news!  I would be interested in your thoughts.

You had some original art pages, iirc.  Were those lost in the storm?

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

a quick preliminary calculation seems to indicate that the auction results will exceed my expectations by about 25%...that's fantastic news and should eclipse/cover my entire hurricane loss (a shame this is how it had to be done, but takes a huge weight off my shoulders!!!!)

not a collection I will ever complete (or even attempt) again, but what an incredible journey it was to collect them....and there were many many boardies and friends that helped me accomplish ...

I will take some time this weekend to put together some individual comic observations if anyone is interested...some of the realized prices shocked the crud out of me!

Congrats! And great to hear Gator. :golfclap:

Looking forward to all your posts concerning this auction. 

I don't post till book(s) are in hand, but when I get my package I will share. Very happy. And tired strangely lol

4 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

That is great news!  I would be interested in your thoughts.

You had some original art pages, iirc.  Were those lost in the storm?

Some were hung in my office and have water damage, yes. I lost 4 of my heshka cover creations too. As well as some toys and megos  etc. 

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

Some were hung in my office and have water damage, yes. I lost 4 of my heshka cover creations too. As well as some toys and megos  etc. 

:cry:

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I think I won 12 of berks books (not 100% sure, but it was around that number)...

Very impressive! Looks like your Centaurs will turn a handsome profit. Fingers crossed that you come away all smiles tonight!

Alas, I only have one Berk-book in my collection, the final price negotiated with a coin flip, but I'm extremely pleased with the comic ...and before anyone asks about the grade billboard ...excuse me... label, it's fine too, now ('nuff said).  (thumbsu

19 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Excellent news!

10 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I was afraid of that.  :sorry:

4 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Very impressive! Looks like your Centaurs will turn a handsome profit. Fingers crossed that you come away all smiles tonight!

Alas, I only have one Berk-book in my collection, the final price negotiated with a coin flip, but I'm extremely pleased with the comic ...and before anyone asks about the grade billboard ...excuse me... label, it's fine too, now ('nuff said).  (thumbsu

There were many books I lost money on straight up (Before 10% auction vig ) but I expected that, as I wasn’t collecting the publisher for monetary considerations...so some books are so rarely available that I had to offer strong to get them...this was primarily the non superhero books (like funny pages pre arrow, star comics , Star ranger etc)  

good news is the winners appear to have exceeded the losers...

7 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I'm so happy for you to have a big turn out and making some healthy profit Gator! It's truly awful all that you've been through and I hope this helps restore a normal life for you and your family.

Thanks pal

10 hours ago, atomised said:

one thing I noticed when I was going after the more fun 73 is that they extended the bidding another round when an underbid came in, I thought that was odd.  If the book is set to close and you are the high bidder, it seems strange to me that bidding is extended on a lower bid.  (shrug)

Why is that strange?  CC want to give the underbidder time to realize he underbid and put in another bid.