• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,065 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Missed the cap 1 on your list 

Thanks - Added Cap 1 bringing it up to ten books. Here are my predictions 

1. Action 1 6.5 restored 

2. Amazing Fantasy 15 Cgc 9.2

3. Amazing Spider-Man 1 Cgc 9.4

4. Justice League 1 Cgc 9.6 highest graded

5. Batman 1 Cgc 2.0 first joker

6. Flash 1 Ashcan captain thunder Cgc 9.4

7. Fantastic four 1 Cgc 8.5 

8. Superman 1 Cgc 1.0

9. Captain America 1 Cgc 2.5

10. Flash 105 Cgc 9.4

11 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

You'd be surprised but it seems the "younger" generation and people who just started getting into comics want a piece of the old time classic key books whether golden age or silver age. I was scrolling through facebook and instagram the other day in comic book groups and I see more and more younger people buying/collecting/selling vintage comics. I think the success with the superhero movies have played some role in it as well as the popularity of comic conventions.

This is absolutely true. 

I think the collectors and dealers showing off/ selling vintage books on these social media outlets has a ton to do with it too. 

13 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

It looks like the Okajima Human Torch 15 that sold on the boards a few months ago has been upgraded from 9.0. to 9.4. I almost went after that book on CLink a few years ago. (I believe it sold for $3,600 on 12/3/14.)

torch15.jpg.c99bc104eac85127959dad4aa28d

hum1.895a.jpg

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=818753

Disturbing 

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Disturbing 

I’ve had many okajimas benefit, grade wise, from pressing (one went from 7.5 to 9.4).  Nature of the business these days 

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Disturbing 

I’ve had many okajimas benefit, grade wise, from pressing (one went from 7.5 to 9.4).  Nature of the business these days 

Enriching

22 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

have y'all seen that run of mystic comics in the auction?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes. A few times. At your house.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Yes. A few times. At your house.

And In february in a little rustic town

Edited by G.A.tor

4 hours ago, path4play said:

Might be worth advertising books as "not yet pressed" - otherwise, how will buyers know if all the pressing has already been pressed out?  Or is there a positive, cumulative effect?

There was a character in a P.G. Wodehouse novel who when asked how he was doing would say, "I grow thinner and thinner."  Somehow that came to mind. 

5 hours ago, buttock said:

Ballsy to try to get more than $10K for a non-war cover Timely.  It'll be interesting to see if the pedigree can push it to make a profit.  

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'd be surprised to see it do much more than $10K, but then I get surprised a lot. 

5 hours ago, path4play said:

Might be worth advertising books as "not yet pressed" - otherwise, how will buyers know if all the pressing has already been pressed out?  Or is there a positive, cumulative effect?

Bob Storms made a comment once I think that a book has 10 presses in it before it is done.

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'd be surprised to see it do much more than $10K, but then I get surprised a lot. 

10 hours ago, buttock said:

Ballsy to try to get more than $10K for a non-war cover Timely.  It'll be interesting to see if the pedigree can push it to make a profit.  

Examples of Non War Cover Okajima pedigrees going for multiple of guide

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/boy-comics-16-okajima-pedigree-lev-gleason-1944-cgc-fn-vf-70-white-pages/a/121816-14279.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/nyoka-the-jungle-girl-24-okajima-pedigree-fawcett-publications-1948-cgc-vf-85-white-pages/a/121833-13774.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

..https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1269769

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/whiz-comics-58-okajima-pedigree-fawcett-publications-1944-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121846-13726.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by mstrange