• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,165 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I’m wondering if having it last so long (30+) days doesn’t actually hurt. Hard to build any momentum when it’s this long. 17-20 days is more than enough imo 

+1

14 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess I am one better than you though since I received my copy of the catalogue last Monday on the 27th via FedEx.  :D

FedEx? You are clearly in the inner circle. My catalog arrives by freight train.

6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And mine by mule

Definitely not even close to the outer circle at all as the only catalogue I ever received from Metro was their #1 Catalogue from way back somewhere in the 90's.  

I guess the only reason I started to receive catalogues was when I contacted them for a copy of the Jon Berk Auction Catalogue.  Now they won't stop coming.  lol

Probably sent by FedEx only because it's out of country.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I’m wondering if having it last so long (30+) days doesn’t actually hurt. Hard to build any momentum when it’s this long. 17-20 days is more than enough imo 

+1 million

7 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

My books, every one of them a key or a classic cover,  are at 60% of where they need to be

Real bidding doesn’t begin till an hour or so before close. I was told One of my books last auction was at $900 at auction close and ended up 11k after extended bidding 

Edited by G.A.tor

9 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Real bidding doesn’t begin till an hour or so before close. I was told One of my books last auction was at $900 at auction close and ended up 11k after extended bidding 

That was likely the amf 2/5. You were smart. You refused to watch until all the rubble had cleared

17 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That was likely the amf 2/5. You were smart. You refused to watch until all the rubble had cleared

Exactly. Had enough stress to deal with!

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

I was told One of my books last auction was at $900 at auction close and ended up 11k after extended bidding 

Now, that's the kind of fun and raucous auction that I enjoy watching.  :banana:

And even much more so if it was one of my books.  :flipbait:

On 6/6/2019 at 8:03 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 6/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, G.A.tor said:

Closes next week

My books, every one of them a key or a classic cover,  are at 60% of where they need to be

Well, I believe they should be at more than 60% now as I am currently the high bidder on a couple of them.  :banana:

Unfortunately, I strongly doubt I'll be anywhere close to the 100% point by the time it;s all done on Monday evening though.  :frown:

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I believe they should be at more than 60% now as I am currently the high bidder on a couple of them.  :banana:

Unfortunately, I strongly doubt I'll be anywhere close to the 100% point by the time it;s all done on Monday evening though.  :frown:

lou_fine, I hope you get em at a good price

18 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Tell lou_fine to buy me a beer and I will not out bid him :cry:

Edited by woowoo

On 6/6/2019 at 11:10 PM, G.A.tor said:

Yuuuuuuuuupp

6 hours ago, woowoo said:
On 6/8/2019 at 7:24 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Tell lou_fine to buy me a beer and I will not out bid him :cry:

Was that you that just made me had to raised my bid again?  (tsk)  :slapfight: