• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,123 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wasn't it just a couple years ago where AF15s were pushing 10k point in mid-grades, seemingly whether they had MC or any other issues regardless ?

Mc copies typically have sold for less. The margins widened lately. Keep in mind lots of times it’s  folks that auction what they can’t retail. I doubt Storms auctions any af15s cuz he can sell them for retail. I’ve sold a 4.5 copy in the last month for 10% more than that ugly 5.0 just sold. Exceptional copies for the grade still can get 10k ish a point. But folks are differentiating. That’s a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Vince G said:

What did the 5.0 sell for?  I'm so behind on this thread.

I believe Peter said that it sold for something like $33,500.  :gossip:

Don't you hate it when CC never got around to sending out their email with all of the individual auction links.  :mad:

It means that we won't have access to any of these auction results after each lot finishes.  :frustrated:  

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:
1 hour ago, Vince G said:

What did the 5.0 sell for?  I'm so behind on this thread.

I believe Peter said that it sold for something like $33,500.  :gossip:

Don't you hate it when CC never got around to sending out their email with all of the individual auction links.  :mad:

It means that we won't have access to any of these auction results after each lot finishes.  :frustrated:  

@Vince G

just go to AF15 thread, it's all there with link etc

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/315296-the-amazing-fantasy-15-club/page/554/?tab=comments#comment-10731189

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yes, not a problem with the AF 15 book because it is a big item which is obviously being talked about.

The problem is with the rest of the other 1,900 lots for which the auction history will no longer be there once each lot wraps up.

Hopefully, this is just an one-time glitch and not their new strategy going forward.  Especially when failing to communicate their upcoming auctions to their customers should at least be an absolute minimum or else nobody is going to bother consigning with them going forward.  doh!  :screwy:

13 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yeah, CC is annoying.  You have to save all the items in your watch list in order to obtain the final auction results.  But of course, you have to have added every book you want to watch to the list :(

5 minutes ago, Vince G said:

Yeah, CC is annoying.  You have to save all the items in your watch list in order to obtain the final auction results.  But of course, you have to have added every book you want to watch to the list :(

Well, hopefully it's only an one-off for this particular auction as you do normally have access to all of their final auction results through the email they usually send out about a week prior to the auction end with links to all of the individual lots.  (thumbsu

Somehow, I believe the zero communications from them about this auction had a negative impact on some of the auction results.  Especially if potential customers and bidders are not even aware that there is an auction going on, unless you follow the market very closely and get your information from boards such as these or from the Diamond Scoop newsletters. 

Definitely a very poor job on CC's part with respect to this particular auction.  doh!

17 minutes ago, Vince G said:

exactly

15 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Thanks for the insight and the correction. Me peepers ain’t what they used to be. 👀 

still thought the AC1 , although also trimmed, would go closer to 250K indicating a bit of an increasing price trend for the King of funny books, but didn't happen

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, not a problem with the AF 15 book because it is a big item which is obviously being talked about.

The problem is with the rest of the other 1,900 lots for which the auction history will no longer be there once each lot wraps up.

Hopefully, this is just an one-time glitch and not their new strategy going forward.  Especially when failing to communicate their upcoming auctions to their customers should at least be an absolute minimum or else nobody is going to bother consigning with them going forward.  doh!  :screwy:

Sent you a PM. (thumbsu 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, hopefully it's only an one-off for this particular auction as you do normally have access to all of their final auction results through the email they usually send out about a week prior to the auction end with links to all of the individual lots.  (thumbsu

Somehow, I believe the zero communications from them about this auction had a negative impact on some of the auction results.  Especially if potential customers and bidders are not even aware that there is an auction going on, unless you follow the market very closely and get your information from boards such as these or from the Diamond Scoop newsletters. 

Definitely a very poor job on CC's part with respect to this particular auction.  doh!

I received the emails for this auction. 

57 minutes ago, walclark said:
1 hour ago, nearmint said:

I received the emails for this auction. 

+1

37 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Received all emails as well which goes up to Session #5.  Maybe they're in your junk folder?

Well, that's definitely good to know then and certainly appreciate the feedback.  (thumbsu

They probably tookme off their email list since I haven't brought anything at all from them as I haven't brought anything at all from them since the Jon Berk Auction.  Either that of I probably accidentally hit their Unsubscribe button by mistake.  doh!

On 6/6/2019 at 8:03 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

My books, every one of them a key or a classic cover,  are at 60% of where they need to be

Well, did the AMF portion managed to hit your expectations as it would appear that they all did at least a double from where they were?  :wishluck:

In fact, some of them such as the AMF V2 #1 and #5 managed to do even a triple or more from where they were when the 3-minute buzzer went off.  :applause:

18 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
18 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Meanwhile, a battle of the wits over AMF 2/5...

terrific copy

$23,655 

A terrific copy indeed:

ama2.231a.jpg

17 hours ago, circumstances said:

Very strong.

Rick's result tempted me.

This is tempting me to sell as well.

I assume Claire must have really like this cover also since she apparently kept 2 HG copies of this book in her collection.

Guess you should hurry before Steve puts his Claire Moe copy of this book up for sale before you.  lol