• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,166 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Gator, you are full of surprises.  This is not a Centaur.  Things We Saved From the Hurricane. Good for you!   :gossip: Hey, you just bought a scanner but are still using your phone!  These scanners are a pain in the a&^%(%

I’m just a messenger here :)

i broke into Fishler’s email account and swiped these top secret photos ...the collecting world needed to know!

Edited by G.A.tor

8 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Managed to fill a hole in my underwater covers and snag a River City upgrade at the same time. :cloud9: 

lawbreakers.jpg

Thank you for your bids/win

17 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

The 140&168 went right about fmv. The ospq is not relevant for books like this so why quote it? (Just curious)

What did the tec 140 and 168  cgc 4.5 close at ?

18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, it looks like those mid-grade (i.e. VGish) mid-run key 'Tec's went for quite a bit of money as both 'Tec 140 and 'Tec 168 sold for pretty much triple condition guide.  

Also noticed the Church copy of 'Tec 172 going for $12,200 or pretty much 9X top of guide.  Yes, a Church copy,but that's still a ton of money for a non-key.  :whatthe:

Looks like there's still a lot of strength with respect to the GA Bat market.  (thumbsu

Is there a better web site to check values on books ? All I got is Ospg and some old web site.

18 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Flash Comics #1 CGC 2.5 ended at $51,550.  Not sure if this was the same one that sold in 2017 for around $63,500 :eek:

Someone got that book for a good price there.  I was on the fence about putting a bid in, but for some reason I'm not sure why but I just cooled on it and couldn't pull the trigger.  I have a blue label .5 and this would have been a significant upgrade as my copy is a total beater with brittle pages.  We'll eventually get our Flash movie and someone will put on the suit even if it's not Ezra Miller and the book will have it's day.  I like this book way more than Supe 1 but to each their own.

18 minutes ago, atomised said:

Someone got that book for a good price there.  I was on the fence about putting a bid in, but for some reason I'm not sure why but I just cooled on it and couldn't pull the trigger.  I have a blue label .5 and this would have been a significant upgrade as my copy is a total beater with brittle pages.  We'll eventually get our Flash movie and someone will put on the suit even if it's not Ezra Miller and the book will have it's day.  I like this book way more than Supe 1 but to each their own.

Not really looking into bigger books for this auction. Nice looking 2.5. Easily a fmv  of 65k +++ 

18 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Flash Comics #1 CGC 2.5 ended at $51,550.  Not sure if this was the same one that sold in 2017 for around $63,500 :eek:

I guess the GPA on this book got sent in a tailspin when a 4.0 sold for $63k near the end of 2018.  The CGC Certification Information on the 4.0 doesn't indicate any issues:  no tape, no dried glue, etc.  Off White pages.

So maybe Flash has just cooled down for a minute.  

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

I agree with you GCG, the book has cooled down.  I was about to quite that 4.0 price that sold last year.  I believe the book just went astronomically too high a couple years or so ago that now it is coming back down to earth.  I wasn't a believer at those prices then and didn't bid at those numbers.  This, I say, is more FMV.

Yes, that 2.5 is a beauty and would love to have it in my collection.. But not right now :nyah:

Did somebody post here the other day that there were some Mystery Men books in this auction?  Just checked and there's not a single one at all.  :frown:

But there is the usual never ending pages of Mystery Tales that we are going to have to wade through.  :p   lol

Edited by lou_fine

21 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Also noticed the Church copy of 'Tec 172 going for $12,200 or pretty much 9X top of guide.  Yes, a Church copy,but that's still a ton of money for a non-key.  :whatthe:

someone wants the best of the best at whatever cost. I've seen the same results on some non-key highest grade Tecs on HA

Totally understand the rationale here or should I say the irrationality of it.  :bigsmile:

Especially when the so-called "best of the best" is often so transitory in nature when it can be easily usurp by another copy a year later or even just a few short months later.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, zen514 said:

GP Analysis

Thanks but you need to be a member to get any info and I know Fmv. I am just looking for a fast free site for current value. No sign ins to remember

On 6/9/2019 at 9:22 PM, woowoo said:

The only books I want is More funs 20 to 51 hm That's this week's thing

Well, did you managed to get this one here then as it was the only book that fit your criteria:

mor1.1104a.jpg

Looks like this is the third go round for this exact same copy of the book here.

Looks like it sold for close to $200 less than the first time on Heritage back in 2017, but still about $50 more than what it got on Heritage last year.  hm