• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tth2 said:

Is there anything more irritating then an auction house that sends you an invoice after Day 1?  When there's still 4 more days of auctions to go?  

Hmmmm.............Day 1 is it?

Congrats on your AF 15 purchase for only $598K.  :applause: :baiting:

2 hours ago, tth2 said:

Is there anything more irritating then an auction house that sends you an invoice after Day 1?

People posting online about "First World" problems? hm

1 hour ago, Howling Mad said:
1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Somebody really wanted that Startling Comics 16 (Resto trimmed) badly.  I thought my initial bid of $500 would be more than enough.  Clearly not.

If I recall that's a super scarce issue. People are going to take what they can get!

Yes, quite a few of those early Startling's are not that easy to come by.  (thumbsu

Just take a look at Startling 10 which doesn't actually come to market that often as compared to other keys.  Explained in part by the fact that it has relatively few copies graded considering that it is a key book which normally tends to generate more submissions.  hm

15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Another Seven Seas 6 that went a bit too high for my rather shallow pocket:

sev1.86a.jpg

Thought the bad wrap on this copy would help to keep the price down, a tad, but with how much these Seven Seas 6 are going for nowadays, I doubt I'll ever be able to complete my set.  :frown:

what was the final price on it ?

6 minutes ago, goldenacase said:

what was the final price on it ?

It went for $7,701 which one other boardie me was lower than expected as some thought it was going to fetch $9K to $10K.  :whatthe:

Maybe if it didn't have the bad wrap, it just might have.  (shrug)

11 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

THIS IS JUST A REMINDER THAT YOU NEED TO PAY FOR YOUR WINNINGS

HURRY UP EVERY CHANCE YOU GET

lol

Seriously CC/Metro, chill the F out.  If you want to invoice your customers so quickly, don't hold a 5-day auction! rantrant

2 hours ago, tth2 said:
14 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

THIS IS JUST A REMINDER THAT YOU NEED TO PAY FOR YOUR WINNINGS

HURRY UP EVERY CHANCE YOU GET

lol

Seriously CC/Metro, chill the F out.  If you want to invoice your customers so quickly, don't hold a 5-day auction! rantrant

Are you sure it's 5 days only?  :bigsmile:

Probably closer to 5 weeks if you include the time they open the lots for bidding.  :taptaptap:  

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

A lot of beautiful whiz, worlds finest and zips ending tonight!

Hope your World's Finest hit your mark because those early 50's DC's are real toughies as they simply don't come around too often.  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

25 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Now is the time to buy. Archie’s went cold, as did centaur AMFs that aren’t V2 #5. 

I had 19 books in, including this Archie 50. This Archie went for $2k less than what I paid 2 years ago on Heritage. The Archie 1(not mine) only went for guide.

the Timely WWII covers more than compensated. Cap 46 and MMC 40 and 44 and USA 17 were strong. 

I paid $75k for this lot of books and they hammered at $85k - it’ll cover the CC vig. 

Its ok. I’m playing the long game. It helped get me into my Cap 1

I was surprised as well. Sorry to hear that things fell a bit flat, but also a big congrats on the Cap 1!