• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I don't really follow the Centaur market, but the AMC #22 seemed to have done well. Congrats Rick :wishluck:

Happy a couple of super collectors went after it 

27 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
39 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I don't really follow the Centaur market, but the AMC #22 seemed to have done well. Congrats Rick :wishluck:

Happy a couple of super DEEP POCKETED collectors went after it 

Since we are talking about $54K+, I qualified your comment for you so that it would be a much more accurate statement.  :flipbait:

Congrats on your super first day auction results as I can't think of a nicer board member who deserves such a big winning day.  :applause:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Since we are talking about $54K+, I qualified your comment for you so that it would be a much more accurate statement.  :flipbait:

Congrats on your super first day auction results as I can't think of a nicer board member who deserves such a big winning day.  :applause:

I heard a few results from some folks. But I’m not looking at all till entire auction over. I have an expectation so fingers crossed!

18 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I heard a few results from some folks. But I’m not looking at all till entire auction over. I have an expectation so fingers crossed!

In that case, you should probably stay away from this thread till the end of the week because we'll most likely end up talking about some of the final results here in the interim.  :gossip:

You could ask the Mods to ban you from these boards for the rest of the week.  lol

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

In that case, you should probably stay away from this thread till the end of the week because we'll most likely end up talking about some of the final results here in the interim.  :gossip:

You could ask the Mods to ban you from these boards for the rest of the week.  lol

I can never stay away lol

1 hour ago, tth2 said:
6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Woke up this morning to find out the one that I really wanted took a jump of about 60% overnight  while I was sound asleep dreaming about tucking it into my collection. :censored:

A 60% overnight jump means nothing in isolation.  That could mean it was at $10 and is now $16. 

What did the price jump mean in terms of the book's FMV?

You must think I am made up of money or something if you are talking about ten whole dollars.  :blush:

You should know by now that I can't play in the deep end of the pool where all of the big boys like you hang around.  My end of the pool involves chart-topping books like this one here:

gen2.571a.jpg

Of course you would have to sort the chart by Lowest Price First since this one here is still sitting at a whopping $1 after all this time.  (:

Maybe if I play this carefully and dig deep into my pockets, I can mannup and bump it up by 100% when the clock runs down to only 1 second remaining. :wishluck:  :takeit:

Rick;

Similar to the "S" marking on the AMF V2#7 posted above, I also noticed the exact same marking on both of these 2 AMF's:

ama2.215a.jpg

ama2.219a.jpg

Based upon your experience, would you happen to know if books with this particular "S" marking all came from the same original collector or not?  I remember seeing similar markings on several of the early Fox Mystery Men and Wonderworld books, except those appeared to have been done with a black grease pencil.  If I remember correctly, all of the books seemed to be in relatively nice shape, especially considering the early time period from which they all came.   ???

1 hour ago, BarristerBaker said:

I think someone got a steal on that FN copy of Adventure 48. 

You do realize that this is a GA DC book and an Adventure Comics at that.  :gossip:

Unfortunately, that's 2 big knocks against it as many of the GA DC titles have been on the cool side for past decade or so in what otherwise appears to be a rather selective hot GA marketplace.  :frown:

Edited by lou_fine

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Rick;

Similar to the "S" marking on the AMF V2#7 posted above, I also noticed the exact same marking on both of these 2 AMF's:

ama2.215a.jpg

ama2.219a.jpg

Based upon your experience, would you happen to know if books with this particular "S" marking all came from the same original collector or not?  I remember seeing similar markings on several of the early Fox Mystery Men and Wonderworld books, except those appeared to have been done with a black grease pencil.  If I remember correctly, all of the books seemed to be in relatively nice shape, especially considering the early time period from which they all came.   ???

Yes. They were all from same collection