• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

You do realize that this is a GA DC book and an Adventure Comics at that.  :gossip:

Unfortunately, that's 2 big knocks against it as many of the GA DC titles have been on the cool side for past decade or so in what otherwise appears to be a rather selective hot GA marketplace.  :frown:

It’s certainly a key, and keys, generally, have done pretty well.

And not sure the market is all that selective. Virtually every title has done well in the past decade. Growth in some better than others, of course, and many lacking meteoric rise, but there have been gains largely across the board. 

...now I’ll slither back to my DC, non-key hole.

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I pushed someone on the AMF v2.4, but you deep pocketed devils pushed my pedestrian tail to the curb.

Ty

The person that won  it lost the amazing man 22 so he was definitely keen on getting it

12 minutes ago, rob_react said:

yeah, that was closer to what I was thinking. Such a beautiful book. 

Looks like it wasn't timely for this comic.

I'll leave through the rear exit.

24 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
59 minutes ago, rob_react said:

yeah, that was closer to what I was thinking. Such a beautiful book. 

What did it sell for?

If you are referring to the SF copy of All-Winners 12, it sold for $20,650. :gossip:

I guess you really aren't looking at any of the results yet. lol

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

If you are referring to the SF copy of All-Winners 12, it sold for $20,650. :gossip:

I guess you really aren't looking at any of the results yet. lol

Don’t want to know till Friday. 

4 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I pushed someone on the AMF v2.4, but you deep pocketed devils pushed my pedestrian tail to the curb.

Was't this one already pushing around $4,100 yesterday morning and ended up only marginally higher at $4,655 by the time it was all said and done?  ???

The one which I am curious about and wondering if a boardie here brought it is this one here:

ama2.212a.jpg

Absolutely love the colors on this copy here and one of my favorites out of the entire AMF run and I was rather surprised that it was still running behind the rest of the early AMF's since it was still below $2K yesterday afternoon.  :whatthe:

Sadly, some good for nothing bidder with far too much time on his hands except to :slapfight: with me during the extended bidding once it got past $3K pushed it all the way up to $3,780 in the end.  :censored:

Maybe I should have gone up to $3,888 since that's supposed to be a lucky number.  Oh well, too late now.  :cry:

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Rick;

Similar to the "S" marking on the AMF V2#7 posted above, I also noticed the exact same marking on both of these 2 AMF's:

ama2.215a.jpg

ama2.219a.jpg

Based upon your experience, would you happen to know if books with this particular "S" marking all came from the same original collector or not?  I remember seeing similar markings on several of the early Fox Mystery Men and Wonderworld books, except those appeared to have been done with a black grease pencil.  If I remember correctly, all of the books seemed to be in relatively nice shape, especially considering the early time period from which they all came.   ???

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Yes. They were all from same collection

A lot of eye candy in those two AMFs!

Rick: did collector "S" have a lot of books? If so, why not a ped?

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Was't this one already pushing around $4,100 yesterday morning and ended up only marginally higher at $4,655 by the time it was all said and done?  ???

The one which I am curious about and wondering if a boardie here brought it is this one here:

ama2.212a.jpg

Absolutely love the colors on this copy here and one of my favorites out of the entire AMF run and I was rather surprised that it was still running behind the rest of the early AMF's since it was still below $2K yesterday afternoon.  :whatthe:

Sadly, some good for nothing bidder with far too much time on his hands except to :slapfight: with me during the extended bidding once it got past $3K pushed it all the way up to $3,780 in the end.  :censored:

Maybe I should have gone up to $3,888 since that's supposed to be a lucky number.  Oh well, too late now.  :cry:

Doh!

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

A lot of eye candy in those two AMFs!

Rick: did collector "S" have a lot of books? If so, why not a ped?

I only saw and bought 3-4 early amfs in nice shape. Don’t know if any other books