ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
11 11

1,217 posts in this topic

24,178 posts

Nov 2019 auction has begun !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,948 posts
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Nov 2019 auction has begun !

Thanks for the reminder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,149 posts
On 11/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, batman_fan said:
On 11/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Nov 2019 auction has begun !

Thanks for the reminder

Yes indeed.........so far, it looks like the 'Tec 29 is rather surprisingly leading the pack right now at the bargain basement price of only $66K after the first day:  :luhv:

det1.17456a.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,948 posts
3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes indeed.........so far, it looks like the 'Tec 29 is rather surprisingly leading the pack right now at the bargain basement price of only $66K after the first day:  :luhv:

det1.17456a.jpg

 

It does have some pretty nice eye appeal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,309 posts

how is it possible that one of you yahoos hasn't told us "but their auctions are too looooonnnnggggg---wah"!!!!!

Edited by Straw-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,149 posts
1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

It does have some pretty nice eye appeal

Yes, definitely so considering that it is a CC scan which is usually a much more accurate reflection of the true colors (thumbsu, as opposed to those horrid looking blinding whitewashed scans that you tend to see on all of the Heritage books.  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,948 posts
1 minute ago, Straw-Man said:

how is it possible that one of you yahoos hasn't told us "but their auctions are too looooonnnnggggg---wah"!!!!!

We are getting around to it, wow, just looked, it is a LONG wait :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,309 posts

heeeeheeeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,178 posts

AC13 9.2 and AF15 8.0 first to hit 100K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,149 posts
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

AC13 9.2 and AF15 8.0 first to hit 100K

Well, I am quite sure that the AC 13 is going to finish well ahead of the AF 15 by the time it's all said and done.  (thumbsu

Especially considering the fact that the last time a CGC 9.2 graded copy sold was way back in 2011 when the Atlantic City Copy sold in the CC Auction for $185K when top of guide at the time was only a paltry $30K.  :whatthe:

Looks like Overstreet has finally caught up to that sale as top of guide for AC 13 for this year is now at $190K.  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,149 posts
2 hours ago, szav said:

Hmm...I'm not sure which is worse.  CGCs mistake, or CCs willingness to let this go to auction as is...

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=849526

hor1.175a.jpg

Well, maybe it's part of a larger consignment of books from the consignor who didn't want to bother with having to reholder it and CC simply wants to keep them happy.  After all, it clearly states in both the comments section of the auction description and also right on the CGC label that the book has been Conserved.  (thumbsu

What would be absolutely worst and egregious is if the buyer did not bother to do any due diligence at all and simply bidded on the book based upon the colour of the label.  Boy, that would be the classic case of buying the label, as opposed to buying the book.  From my own thinking, that would most definitely be on the buyer themself at that point.  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,830 posts

What a great book, I've never seen it before, but I love the cover. I don't see the artist noted, but it reminds me of Cole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,948 posts
46 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, maybe it's part of a larger consignment of books from the consignor who didn't want to bother with having to reholder it and CC simply wants to keep them happy.  After all, it clearly states in both the comments section of the auction description and also right on the CGC label that the book has been Conserved.  (thumbsu

What would be absolutely worst and egregious is if the buyer did not bother to do any due diligence at all and simply bidded on the book based upon the colour of the label.  Boy, that would be the classic case of buying the label, as opposed to buying the book.  From my own thinking, that would most definitely be on the buyer themself at that point.  doh!

Maybe its a trial run to see how accepting the community is hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425 posts

Question: Would glue and/or a "very minor amount of color touch" be tolerated on blue-label books if not for the fact that so many of the Church books have amateur glue and color touch?

Answer: Not in a million years.

If CGC starts allowing the amount of work that's been done to the Horrific on universal-label books, it'll be time to go back to buying raw.

The CPR garbage has already gotten me to the point where I don't care about grade any more. Too many of the high grades have been manufactured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,763 posts
1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

If CGC starts allowing the amount of work that's been done to the Horrific on universal-label books, it'll be time to go back to buying raw.

CGC doesn’t allow it...this book was clearly missed by quality control and should either be in a conserved holder, or have the notes removed if the inclusion of the notes was erroneous. 

I find greater fault with the people at CC/metropolis for this.  They are knowingly selling a lemon and are liable in my mind.  The book should be pulled from the auction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,178 posts
7 minutes ago, szav said:

CGC doesn’t allow it...this book was clearly missed by quality control and should either be in a conserved holder, or have the notes removed if the inclusion of the notes was erroneous. 

I find greater fault with the people at CC/metropolis for this.  They are knowingly selling a lemon and are liable in my mind.  The book should be pulled from the auction.

recent 'misses'

(from a post in another thread)

capture.jpg.87d422693b585cd23a010f38f926

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2a11f395f1a8c744bad81b

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f0a7529b765c3a3c0eaa31

Edited by Gotham Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,905 posts
On 11/13/2019 at 9:54 AM, szav said:

Hmm...I'm not sure which is worse.  CGCs mistake, or CCs willingness to let this go to auction as is...

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=849526

hor1.175a.jpg

Also, holy amped scan Batman.  That's the most electric blue label I've sever seen. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,149 posts
On 11/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, Gotham Kid said:

AC13 9.2 and AF15 8.0 first to hit 100K

Well, it looks like both of these books haven't moved up by even a single dollar since it passed the $100K mark and the restored Action 1 is now in the top spot by a long shot.

I guess everybody is probably waiting until the last week before throwing in some more bids on these books here.  hm  :taptaptap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,258 posts
On 11/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Question: Would glue and/or a "very minor amount of color touch" be tolerated on blue-label books if not for the fact that so many of the Church books have amateur glue and color touch?

Answer: Not in a million years.

If CGC starts allowing the amount of work that's been done to the Horrific on universal-label books, it'll be time to go back to buying raw.

The CPR garbage has already gotten me to the point where I don't care about grade any more. Too many of the high grades have been manufactured.

If you buy raw, you won't see any words on the book saying it has "glue" or "color touch".    Unless words are, for some reason, of no use to you and you can or will only accept descriptions in the form of colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
11 11