• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,122 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it looks like both of these books haven't moved up by even a single dollar since it passed the $100K mark and the restored Action 1 is now in the top spot by a long shot.

I guess everybody is probably waiting until the last week before throwing in some more bids on these books here.  hm  :taptaptap:

Usually you get a bunch of bidding the 1st week followed by 4 weeks of nothing followed by 1 day of heavy bidding.

Interesting to note that the last 2 sessions of the CL Fall Featured Auction encroaches onto the first 2 days of the CC Event Auction.  doh!

Not the first time this has happened, which makes me wonder if CL is doing this on purpose.  :slapfight:

Although if I was a consignor, I would definitely not be very happy at all.  :frustrated:  :censored:

14 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Usually you get a bunch of bidding the 1st week followed by 4 weeks of nothing followed by 1 day of heavy bidding.

I hope you are right!

Marty

Flipping through the CC auction catalogue which FedEx dropped off yesterday and noticed the full page spotlight they had for this book here:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=857054

man3.71a.jpg

Supposedly a non-existent but now one of a kind book.  Too bad the blue Universal label doesn't tell me much about the grade at all, as it appears to be based upon the clipped coupon more than anything else.  Makes me wonder why CGC didn't give it a Green Qualified label whch would have provided bidders with more relevant information as to the actual grade of the book?  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

31 minutes ago, tth2 said:

You mean Metro offering discounts?

Sure.

When hell freezes over.

No...I'm looking to see if there is any activity with the Auction.

Marty

42 minutes ago, tth2 said:
1 hour ago, Marty Mann said:

Will there be any "BLACK FRIDAY" activity on ComicConnect?

Marty

You mean Metro offering discounts?

Sure.

When hell freezes over.

Free shipping. Their generosity knows no bounds.

Edited by Gotham Kid

59 minutes ago, tth2 said:
13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

lol Hell would have to get kind of chilly before even that would happen.

Pretty sure Metro was offering that sometime ago, for a limited time of course.

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
7 hours ago, tth2 said:
20 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

lol Hell would have to get kind of chilly before even that would happen.

Pretty sure Metro was offering that sometime ago, for a limited time of course.

No wonder I had to break out a windbreaker recently.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:21 AM, lou_fine said:

Flipping through the CC auction catalogue which FedEx dropped off yesterday and noticed the full page spotlight they had for this book here:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=857054

man3.71a.jpg

Supposedly a non-existent but now one of a kind book.  Too bad the blue Universal label doesn't tell me much about the grade at all, as it appears to be based upon the clipped coupon more than anything else.  Makes me wonder why CGC didn't give it a Green Qualified label whch would have provided bidders with more relevant information as to the actual grade of the book?  (shrug)

Wow, at first when I saw this, I thought, I'd never seen this one. Was shocked when I read the auction description. You would think there HAVE to be a few more. I wonder why this is so rare?  By, the way, condition be dammed. Find another one...

42 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, at first when I saw this, I thought, I'd never seen this one. Was shocked when I read the auction description. You would think there HAVE to be a few more. I wonder why this is so rare?  By, the way, condition be dammed. Find another one...

Rarity aside, what a great cover too.  Love it.

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

7 hours ago, szav said:

Rarity aside, what a great cover too.  Love it.

..nothing to see here folks, keep moving along...:whistle: