• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,161 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Can anyone tell me what the slight restored Tec 38 ended at ? I had the book in my watch list but now that the auction has ended it no longer is there :frown:

Also had the Tec 45 8.5 under watch, same thing. Not an easy book to find in that high grade.

@ComicConnect if possible it would be nice that watched items stay even when the auction closes. Thanks.

$38,123 for the tec38. Went long into extended bidding. 

6 hours ago, buttock said:
6 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Its a little weird, sometime I see what it sold for and sometimes not and I have to click on the book to see what it went for.:pullhair:

It's made me appreciate comiclink, and that's saying a lot. 

I got a little nostalgic for PCE. 

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Zen;

So, was you able to pick up this copy for your collection as it went up by only a few hundred dollars more at only $9,800?  :wishluck:

Found it rather surprising that this once hot book didn't see any action at all during the extended bidding sessions.  :whatthe:

Although the final price of $9,800 represented a healthy 45% premium to guide, it's definitely a whole lot less than the outlier price point of $17,705 which it sold for a couple of years ago. :tonofbricks:

I jinxed myself

I was waiting to snipe it and my phone froze🤬

An extended bidding would have allowed me to bid.

Its not as hot as late but 9800 is really low just last an ugly 3.0 sold for 9000$ and a 2.5 sold for 8500$ 

a 4.0 for 11.2k that really didnt present as well as this one

Oh well. There will be another one. 

21 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Which other pages do you have?

Group shot?

I had been watching page 3, which for the last month has been advertised in My Comic Shop.  I had been considering that one as well. It's from the same source as mine, and was listed at $12,400.  When I went back to look today, it was gone.  I emailed My Comic Shop and got a generic reply saying it was no longer available.  Rats.

There is no group shot I can offer, unless you count a group of 1

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

6 hours ago, adamstrange said:
12 hours ago, buttock said:
12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Its a little weird, sometime I see what it sold for and sometimes not and I have to click on the book to see what it went for.:pullhair:

It's made me appreciate comiclink, and that's saying a lot. 

I got a little nostalgic for PCE. 

Bob Beerbohm is ... oh wait.

13 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
16 hours ago, bluechip said:

This was made from daily strips

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying these strips first ran in a newspaper before being marketed in the form of a comic?

Superman was first pitched to comic strip syndicates and supposedly the first story was worked out in strip form initially. It was reworked to fit comic book pages for Action 1.

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Superman was first pitched to comic strip syndicates and supposedly the first story was worked out in strip form initially. It was reworked to fit comic book pages for Action 1.

Ok then stupid question number 2: the Action 1 story seems to have missed some introductory strips. Is there a source out there, to your knowledge, that recreates the full story as it got run in the newspapers?

6 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
16 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Ok then stupid question number 2: the Action 1 story seems to have missed some introductory strips. Is there a source out there, to your knowledge, that recreates the full story as it got run in the newspapers?

It never actually ran in newspapers prior to Action 1. Years ago the supposed original art to the first four panel strip used for submissions was made available through one of the auction houses (sorry I don't remember the specific one). I doubt any other version exists.

5 hours ago, zen514 said:
11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Zen;

So, was you able to pick up this copy for your collection as it went up by only a few hundred dollars more at only $9,800?  :wishluck:

Found it rather surprising that this once hot book didn't see any action at all during the extended bidding sessions.  :whatthe:

Although the final price of $9,800 represented a healthy 45% premium to guide, it's definitely a whole lot less than the outlier price point of $17,705 which it sold for a couple of years ago. :tonofbricks:

I jinxed myself

I was waiting to snipe it and my phone froze🤬

Wow, that's really unfortunate and must have been totally frustrating on part here.  :pullhair:  :censored:

Well okay, probably also on both the part of the consignor and CC at the same time.  :wink:

I actually thought this particular copy here looked a whole lot better here with the original pencilled-in writing still intact on the cover here:

det1.14992a.jpg

Not sure if this attempted and rather obvious bad job of trying to erase the pencilled marking was one of the culprits in this copy dropping all the way down from the $17,705 price point which it managed to fetched in a CC Event Auction from just over a year ago back in December of 2018.  :p  :tonofbricks:

The other question which I have is how did this book managed to get back into a slab with the same serial number since I thought that was normally done only for the reholdering of books?  Not sure if the consignor was trying for an upgrade by erasing the pencil marking which clearly did not work in the end.  (shrug)  doh!

9 hours ago, Daveb25 said:
9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Can anyone tell me what the slight restored Tec 38 ended at ? I had the book in my watch list but now that the auction has ended it no longer is there :frown:

Also had the Tec 45 8.5 under watch, same thing. Not an easy book to find in that high grade.

@ComicConnect if possible it would be nice that watched items stay even when the auction closes. Thanks.

$38,123 for the tec38. Went long into extended bidding. 

What was the grading on this slightly restored copy of 'Tec 38 here?  ???

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Hey Peter;

I thought somebody with your kind of influence here with the boys at Metro and CC could simoly give them a call or send them an email and all of this would have been fixed for us by now?  :bigsmile:  :wishluck:

57 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

What was the grading on this slightly restored copy of 'Tec 38 here?  ???

7.5, it was a beautiful copy

It was offered on ebay and also on the boards a while ago.

2796949%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chain

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Peter;

I thought somebody with your kind of influence here with the boys at Metro and CC could simoly give them a call or send them an email and all of this would have been fixed for us by now?  :bigsmile:  :wishluck:

Nah, no need. They read our posts. Some of our suggestions were already taken into consideration, namely getting rid of the zoom function (magnify glass) for large scans.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, that's really unfortunate and must have been totally frustrating on part here.  :pullhair:  :censored:

Well okay, probably also on both the part of the consignor and CC at the same time.  :wink:

I actually thought this particular copy here looked a whole lot better here with the original pencilled-in writing still intact on the cover here:

det1.14992a.jpg

Not sure if this attempted and rather obvious bad job of trying to erase the pencilled marking was one of the culprits in this copy dropping all the way down from the $17,705 price point which it managed to fetched in a CC Event Auction from just over a year ago back in December of 2018.  :p  :tonofbricks:

The other question which I have is how did this book managed to get back into a slab with the same serial number since I thought that was normally done only for the reholdering of books?  Not sure if the consignor was trying for an upgrade by erasing the pencil marking which clearly did not work in the end.  (shrug)  doh!

It does look alot better with the pencil mark!