• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,156 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, IngelsFan said:

I don’t have the two earlier issues but I’ve always loved 10 for the awesome robot splash in the Federal Men story. I sold my copy in 1991 and have regretted it ever since.

F0C3106B-0CA5-4CA0-9451-F60C0F485224.png

Now that’s a cool robot! 

On 5/20/2020 at 11:27 PM, woowoo said:

Got really drunk and bid :makepoint:won the book but they don't give me a pay with credit card option WHAT do I do

I was following that book closely. In retrospect I’m very glad I didn’t enter into a bidding war with a drunk guy! lol

28 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I was following that book closely. In retrospect I’m very glad I didn’t enter into a bidding war with a drunk guy! lol

I don't collect timely. I do have a coverless Marvel 1 missing last page. Do you know by chance what the FMV on the book is. I don't know what the book prices out at in guide. Thanks

30 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I don't collect timely. I do have a coverless Marvel 1 missing last page. Do you know by chance what the FMV on the book is. I don't know what the book prices out at in guide. Thanks

Total guess.  7k. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Total guess.  7k. 

The book has to be 10k or more since I have a buyer at 10k. I think I might keep it :facepalm: scare book next to DC's. I might have to sell my other copy of Detective 27 to help with the cost:whee:

On 5/16/2020 at 7:35 PM, lou_fine said:

Speaking of daily spam mail, looks like I finally got one yesterday with a picture of one of the few nicer GA books in an Event Auction that definitely seems to be a bit on the light side for the vintage GA comic book collector:

sus3.184_2.jpg

For me, this first issue here with the Quinlan cover seem to laid the groundwork and a hint of what was to come a couple of issues later with the classic Schomburg cover.  :luhv:

It will be interesting to see what this issue of Suspense Comics 1 goes for next week in light of Mitch's @Mmehdy Coronavirus doomsday forecast for GA books, especially since this book usually always tends to sell for a nice healthy multiple to condition guide.  hm  :taptaptap: 

Well, not surprisingly, it would appear that this copy here managed to do quite well with a rather strong price of $6,200 which is definitely quite a bit more than the $3K+ price range which a couple of mid-grade copies had sold for on Heritage during the past couple of years.  :applause:

It would appear that there seems to be strong continuing demand and interest for what I have called the poor man's version of Suspense 3, as evident by the increasing valuations for this realtively HTF book in the marketplace.  :luhv:

42 minutes ago, woowoo said:

The book has to be 10k or more since I have a buyer at 10k. I think I might keep it :facepalm: scare book next to DC's. I might have to sell my other copy of Detective 27 to help with the cost:whee:

I figured a coverless was 10-12 k these days. Maybe 13-15.  10k then wouldn’t sunrise me. Sounds like a great offer 

Just got another one of those daily emails from CC and it looks like they must be getting their act together in terms of their revamped website.  (thumbsu

It's only been a few days since the end of their recent Event Auction last week and they are already starting to load up books for their next Event Auction.  So far though, it doesn't appear that they've started on the vintage GA books yet for us GA aficionados as it definitely appears on the light side so far.  :taptaptap:

Mostly BA and SA to this point in time and it would appear that somebody must be offloading their HG run of DC books since they already have a pretty complete run of Green Lantern's, Justice League, and Metal Men books in there so far.  hm

9 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

I'm guessing it will go the other way.

I agree. It's only been 3 years off the market.

Does anybody keep books of this caliber locked up for a long period anymore? If i swam in these waters and scored that book, believe me, it would be 'in the family'. 

Got to hand it to "The Dentist' and the late John Verzyl : Their high profile key books/copies take on almost mythical proportions by being unavailable and in some cases, unseen/shared for so many years. Makes the appetite and interest for them grow even more, and IF and or WHEN they do come on the market after not having been passed around hand to hand every two years, hoo boy

:flipbait: