• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As a kid at Christmas, What toy did you want so bad it kept you up at night? (and did you get it?)
4 4

192 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Philreal said:

or just get the gift set for all....:x

Related image

Nice.  However them dolls look about as much like the angels as I do!  lol 

3 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

Mine would have to be the Johnny Seven One Man Army. I remember seeing the commercial every Saturday morning and playing with the display model at the store. I got it for Christmas and played with it nonstop for days. I still have a few of the white bullets.

66CE821F-BC8B-404B-A0F7-21B94F3ECF3D.jpeg

Johnny Seven was the one that got away.   I wanted one so badly. I going to guess it was 1964,maybe 65.  #1 on my wish list, but right around Thanksgiving, a friend got one for his birthday and ended up breaking something with one of the bullets.  Mom put an end to that ,with the old shoot someones eye out routine. I ended up getting a new "varoom" bike instead. Not a bad trade.

About three years later, I got a Mugumbo Johnny Eagle rifle with plastic bullets that could break a coke bottle, but my Dad kept the bullets secret from Mom( supposedly) Our little secret as we'd take it out shooting.

11 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I wanted a skateboard pretty badly. 

Christmas came and went; no board.  Pretty disappointed. 

The next Christmas came and I had a wonderful board under the tree.  Brother got one too.  

That next summer resulted in my father asking why we didn't care about our boards anymore.  Crazy how quickly we move on in our youth. 

Patrick 

Annother one of best memories was getting my Hobie Super Surfer Skateboard. The big, wide laminated one with clay wheels. Man, it was cool. I rode it everywhere. Growing up in SO CAL everybody’s favorite toys were skateboards and a Schwinn “Lemon Peeler” bike with tall bars, banana seat, a shifter and “cheater slick” tires. Rode it all over including down to the hobby store to get slot cars and Rat Fink models as well as a few cool SA Marvels from the drug store. Ahhh memories:luhv:

Just now, Philreal said:

I think everyone had one of these. How high could you make it bounce and then lose it!

Related image

Question: can you make a ball so springy it will bounce higher than where it was dropped from?

3 minutes ago, lbcolefan said:

Johnny Astro was another of my most wanted toys. It looked so cool in the commercials but we would spent hours trying but never could control it for more than a few seconds.

C9F2CD1D-B6FD-48AA-A0BA-8141FD5C039D.jpeg

My brother spent $100 on remote control plane-no matter what we tried it would take off then plunge straight into the ground at top speed, scattering bits off plane.  We repaired with tape until that was no longer possible.  A complete flop.

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I always wanted a Great Garloo ,  still want one.

I wonder if Big Loo is related to Great Gar Loo  hm

1 minute ago, Kevin76 said:

None, I looked forward to playing baseball in the backyard with my friends was more fun than any toy. I can't understand the whole "nostalgia" thing and why people spend big money trying to reclaim them.

:popcorn: