• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As a kid at Christmas, What toy did you want so bad it kept you up at night? (and did you get it?)
4 4

192 posts in this topic

recalled toy figure that i never knew about

trampbb.jpg

Click here for LARGER picture

hmgraphic2.jpg   Tramp Figure

An action figure from the 1990 film " Tracy", Steve the Tramp was recalled when Reverend Donald Wildmon complained the figure was insensitive towards the homeless.

The package stated he was an "ignorant bum....you'll smell him before you see him" and he was "stinking up the city sewers".

I loved my King Zor from 1962.  My late father really went out the way to purchase the toy for me.  When you shot the tail with the dart gun, King Zor would spin around and shoot a little yellow ball at you.

381870378_KingZor.jpg.2193f65e6a54654ca5d920a613ec6c6e.jpg

I stored the toy at my parents' house.  My mother tossed all my childhood toys.  The King Zor was still in the original box. :sick:

My mother also tossed my Marx Electro Shot Shooting Gallery

electroshot.jpg.e0b9eeffaa7050207d23a22f605f980d.jpg

16 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

I loved my King Zor from 1962.  My late father really went out the way to purchase the toy for me.  When you shot the tail with the dart gun, King Zor would spin around and shoot a little yellow ball at you.

381870378_KingZor.jpg.2193f65e6a54654ca5d920a613ec6c6e.jpg

I stored the toy at my parents' house.  My mother tossed all my childhood toys.  The King Zor was still in the original box. :sick:

My mother also tossed my Marx Electro Shot Shooting Gallery

electroshot.jpg.e0b9eeffaa7050207d23a22f605f980d.jpg

Killer toy Ray. I remember that well. My brother got that when I got Big Loo. We had some epic battles with those toys. :luhv:

Edited by Robot Man

14 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I always wanted a Great Garloo ,  still want one.

On anotheer note my dad bought me a Honda 50cc mini bike when I was like 5, and I would scrape the carp out of my legs going up and down the street crashing constantly.  With a proud look on my dad's face. 

Now a days it would be child abuse, but back then it was good parenting, go figure.:roflmao:

I never had Garloo as a little kid, but I have one now as a big kid!

greatgarloo.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Another toy I lusted after was this. Usually most of our presents came from the S&H Green stamp catalog. My dad was a police photographer and my mom was a savy stay at home mom. With 4 kids about a year and a half apart money was often tight. We didn't get a lot at Christmas but we got one "big" thing" heck most of these toys were well under $25. at the time but my mom always tried to stretch it. I suspect, they saved up for it. This one wasn't in the catalog so I'm sure my mom wasn't happy but she knew how much I wanted it. It's long gone now but I do still have a few business cards from it.

A related story. When I was about 16 my dad asked me what I wanted and I said records. He asked me to make a list. On Christmas morning I opened my present and there were 4 albums. I was stoked. Then, he asked me: "Son, who is Grateful to be Dead?". He was a cop and didn't get it but God bless him. Merry Christmas Mom and Dad!

James-Bond-Attache-Case.jpg

Based on all the toys you've referred to I think you'd be a perfect fit for the Men in Black?!?!?

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I never had Garloo as a little kid, but I have one now as a big kid!

greatgarloo.jpg

What does Garloo do-wax on wax off?  Cant figger out why he has car wax pads on hands.