• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you recommend me a sniper site with focus on Ebay?
2 2

32 posts in this topic

Before I use bidnip,
I try to recharge twice the number of bids I could use
they took the money but not bids were add to my account
no response to my emails, the web site was still open for business.

But now looks is down for good.

Any recommendations?

Thank you...

Rodolfo / Magnus X

^I still use same one Raze said.

They no longer grandfather early joiners at zero charge for bids up to 25, so it's pretty much a 1 per cent convenience fee (not sure if it's capped).  Don't recall ever having problem with it making bids on time unless ebay was down at the moment.

35 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Is there an advantage to using a site rather than simply a sniping program?

Ive never used a site or program, but apparently people do...

39 minutes ago, grebal said:

^I still use same one Raze said.

They no longer grandfather early joiners at zero charge for bids up to 25, so it's pretty much a 1 per cent convenience fee (not sure if it's capped).  Don't recall ever having problem with it making bids on time unless ebay was down at the moment.

Whats the advantage of a bidding site? If I put $100 with 6 days to go and you do $99.99 with .1 second I still win...right...

34 minutes ago, Raze said:

Whats the advantage of a bidding site? If I put $100 with 6 days to go and you do $99.99 with .1 second I still win...right...

I have never used it either.  I think the advantage is, say you want to place a maximum bid of $100  I believe snipe sites will place your bid at the last second or two, usually saving you some money.   If you place a maximum bid of $100 in the beginning, this gives people a chance to bid the price up, in many cases to find out what the maximum placed bid is.  

I am sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.  

4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
45 minutes ago, Raze said:

I have never used it either.  I think the advantage is, say you want to place a maximum bid of $100  I believe snipe sites will place your bid at the last second or two, usually saving you some money.   If you place a maximum bid of $100 in the beginning, this gives people a chance to bid the price up, in many cases to find out what the maximum placed bid is.  

I am sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.  

I've never used it either lol BUT ha, that's how I understand it too, with the added bonus that you "don't have to be online to do it after bid is set for last few seconds", that way if it ends in the middle of the night in your timezone then you can set it and forget it rather than waking up.....  fancy (thumbsu 

45 minutes ago, Raze said:

Comicdonna handled some of it.

Other advantages:

want to bid on ten auctions ending at same time? Place your bids by electronic-sniping.

want to place your bids, but be able to remove bids in case you change mind or find a better item, same ease of use - just delete your bid.

In general, don't want to tip your hand early and get into bidding war? Place your bids via sniping software.

Don't need to be online, for those that prefer to bid at last minute … etc.

57 minutes ago, Raze said:

Yup.

But if I ddn't use snipe, and came in early with my bid, and outbid you at $102.50, you might come back and reply with bid up to 105.  Then I must increase.  But if I "e-sniped" with 110 using 5-second buffer, I'll save the 'bidding war.'

Also, sometimes other ebayers only notice an item, or become interested in an item because it has a bid on it - but if you didn't advertise your interest by showing your early bid, you can snipe against <zero bids> listing and win at original listing min bid.  Sometimes the presence of other bid(s) helps nudge a borderline buyer into deciding the item is worth bidding on.

Edited by grebal

18 minutes ago, grebal said:

Yup.

But if I ddn't use snipe, and came in early with my bid, and outbid you at $102.50, you might come back and reply with bid up to 105.  Then I must increase.  But if I "e-sniped" with 110 using 5-second buffer, I'll save the 'bidding war.'

Also, sometimes other ebayers only notice an item, or become interested in an item because it has a bid on it - but if you didn't advertise your interest by showing your early bid, you can snipe against <zero bids> listing and win at original listing min bid.  Sometimes the presence of other bid(s) helps nudge a borderline buyer into deciding the item is worth bidding on.

I guess this makes a lot of sense to me! I feel like because I bid on something people follow and out bid me so this does make sense...a lot...mabye ill try it.

37 minutes ago, Action252Kid said:

Use Gavelsnipe.  It's free. You can snipe eBay, and you can also snipe Heritage.  The homepage states that they have a 99.9% success rate, and I can stand by this number.  I've used it for thousands of snipes and never had an issue.  

If it's free, what's their business model?

2 hours ago, Action252Kid said:

Use Gavelsnipe.  It's free. You can snipe eBay, and you can also snipe Heritage.  The homepage states that they have a 99.9% success rate, and I can stand by this number.  I've used it for thousands of snipes and never had an issue.  

+1

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

If it's free, what's their business model?

Some people write free software to show that they can (to help their resume or to stroke their ego), others do it to learn, some do it to stick it to the man, some do it to provide a path to some enhanced version that costs, etc.

11 hours ago, Raze said:

What's the advantage of a bidding site? If I put $100 with 6 days to go and you do $99.99 with .1 second I still win...right...

But if I put a snipe of $105 at the last three seconds you will have no time to adjust you bid to $110. Some people bid like that. Oh, it's only $5 more. let's place another small bid. So sniping can save on those bidders that will add another bid. Once they see they are loosing they will higher their first bid up with a couple of $$$ and there are a lot of them out there who will bid like this. 

I always snipe. If I snipe below your high bid, I loose, but if my snipe is higher no chance to up you bid anymore and that is why people do it and will save in the long run.

I use auctionsniper

Edited by 999ghosts

10 hours ago, Turnando said:

Some people write free software to show that they can (to help their resume or to stroke their ego), others do it to learn, some do it to stick it to the man, some do it to provide a path to some enhanced version that costs, etc.

Sure, I'm just curious which it is in their case. 

14 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I use the website Gixen - does a very good job and has cost me nothing to use it -- ever. You do have to set it up ahead of time and enter your ebay log in information to use it. I think I found it from this forum from someones recommendation

http://www.gixen.com

+1 I have been using Gixen for several years and never had a single problem