• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone dealt with HipComics.com?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoFunComics said:

Hey guys I wanted to bid on an item on hipcomic.com and just wanted to know if it was reliable. If anyone has any stories they want to share with me it'd be greatly appreciated.

No, I signed up the other day. A few big ebay sellers are there, basically duplicating their ebay listings.

They have a good looking platform, a few real anchor tenants, but have clearly done a lousy job of marketing if this is your response. Disappointing. I was thinking of setting up a shop there for my son to run, but I have to wonder about having him put in TBE time  if nobody here has even bought there. 

19 hours ago, NoFunComics said:

Hey guys I wanted to bid on an item on hipcomic.com and just wanted to know if it was reliable. If anyone has any stories they want to share with me it'd be greatly appreciated.

18 hours ago, the blob said:

No, I signed up the other day. A few big ebay sellers are there, basically duplicating their ebay listings.

Yes, but they also take on individual sellers at times. I have know people who don't have eBay stores to list all of their items with them and do a week auction. Then they send out an email highlighting it if you have good books. Basically the same as an auction house. Can't say personally what the benefit would be over someone like MCS for a seller. I assume less fees.

33 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, but they also take on individual sellers at times. I have know people who don't have eBay stores to list all of their items with them and do a week auction. Then they send out an email highlighting it if you have good books. Basically the same as an auction house. Can't say personally what the benefit would be over someone like MCS for a seller. I assume less fees.

They charge 8% and only pennies for auctions, mcs charges a $5 minimum, so HIP would be good for less expensive stuff.

Edited by the blob

42 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Revisiting this thread as I just heard about the platform. Anyone have updates on using this versus eBay and the other (fb, ig, etc) online platforms? 

No where near the reach as Ebay but I have won some auctions from different sellers.  They seem to do a good marketing job of auctions and sales from sellers. 

If it is still an option, you can sell for free but with only very limited listings.  Not sure of the store rates or if the email marketing is extra.

You can list on Hip along with other sites but another uncertainty on my part, how you control if an item sells on another site.