• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy #%$* I finally got it!
3 3

23 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My favorite part about the Bronze age is that it's the time when buyers really started to become conscious of condition...as a result, you can find a reasonable amount of those books available in 9.8. Not a ton...lots of Bronze books with 1-10 9.8s on the census only....but a fun bunch of sets to build, and most importantly, complete. Want to build a complete 9.8 set of Daredevil #1-100? Yeah, ok. Good luck with that. 

Want to build a complete 9.8 set of Ms. Marvel? Totally doable. Or Rom? X-Men #94-up? Star Wars? DC Comics Presents? Rogers' Detectives? Maybe a little spendy, but still doable.

That’s exactly why I chose to go after Godzilla’s. For me, most of the fun is the “chase” and they are reasonably priced. 

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Want to build a complete 9.8 set of Ms. Marvel? Totally doable. Or Rom? X-Men #94-up? Star Wars? DC Comics Presents? Rogers' Detectives? Maybe a little spendy, but still doable.

Yeah I'm attempting to complete a high grade mini run of X-Men (GSMX - #100). Not really into collecting runs but I'm so in love with very early new X-Men I'm going for it. Trying for mostly 9.8 but a couple will be 9.4 - 9.6. 

2 minutes ago, ShieldAgent said:

Nice book.  I wish I could contribute to this thread...  Maybe someday :wishluck:

It doesn’t have to be a key issue or anything like that! Just something you have been hunting for and you finally got! The book I posted costed me a grand total of about $80 but made me extremely happy:banana:

I adore the Godzilla run from the 70's. That was my first initiation into loving comics and as a kid and I put together runs of this and GIJoe (They we're my first bagged and boarded issues) But sadly none of them would grade over a 6 now as I read the living hell out of them... Now-- I'm getting close to getting a new GIJoe in 9.8 from 1-30 run together but haven't paid enough attention to the Godzillas. Thanks for showing this. Inspiring! Good luck on the next run!

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah I'm attempting to complete a high grade mini run of X-Men (GSMX - #100). Not really into collecting runs but I'm so in love with very early new X-Men I'm going for it. Trying for mostly 9.8 but a couple will be 9.4 - 9.6. 

I did the same thing, only I went to 101.  Suggest you consider the same.  Keys on both ends.

5 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

I did the same thing, only I went to 101.  Suggest you consider the same.  Keys on both ends.

Yeah but that's on the back burner, way more down the road. Perhaps I'll go for a 9.2 depends what the market says at the time??? I'll likely go after #120 before that since I'm more into alpha flight than Phoenix plus i don't have nearly enough Byrne stuff in my collecting so I'm craving a 120.

Curious do you have them raw or graded?

19 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah but that's on the back burner, way more down the road. Perhaps I'll go for a 9.2 depends what the market says at the time??? I'll likely go after #120 before that since I'm more into alpha flight than Phoenix plus i don't have nearly enough Byrne stuff in my collecting so I'm craving a 120.

Curious do you have them raw or graded?

Graded. The books in the middle of the mini run are 9.4.  The keys on the end were the highest grades I could afford. (7.5, 8.5 & 9.2). I think putting it together was on of my most satisfying collecting experiences.  I think I'll eventually try to upgrade them but that's a back burner project. The trick is to let the deals come to you...don't force it. It changed my perspective and now I'm trying to do a higher grade set of Conan keys. 

Edited by Westy Steve