• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the 1st appearance of superior spiderman?

36 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

I was wondering what is considered the true first appearance of superior spiderman.  I read daredevil 21 is but its now being labeled a cameo.  So is amazing 698 the true 1st appearance?

Anyone of the following:
Daredevil #21

ASM #700

Superior Spider-Man #1

Avenging Spider-Man #15.1

Etc....

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Anyone of the following:
Daredevil #21

ASM #700

Superior Spider-Man #1

Avenging Spider-Man #15.1

Etc....

DD 21 came out a week before ASM 700, which is the first full appearance, thus making DD 21 an out of continuity first cameo (which would explain the new CGC notation on the label for that book).

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

DD 21 came out a week before ASM 700, which is the first full appearance, thus making DD 21 an out of continuity first cameo (which would explain the new CGC notation on the label for that book).

-J.

Avenging 15.1 came out the same week.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

Academic.  The events in both Avenging and DD 21 are subsequent to ASM 700, so if it's a "tie", 700 wins.

-J.

See previous post...

17 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I'm just saying you won't get a consensus on it.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

See previous post...

In ASM 700, the character names himself, appears in costume and is announced on the cover (of the Ditko variant).  The only people who can't find "consensus" are those who haven't actually read the storyline, or have the secondary books to sell.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

In ASM 700, the character names himself, appears in costume and is announced on the cover (of the Ditko variant).  The only people who can't find "consensus" are those who haven't actually read the storyline, or have the secondary books to sell.

-J.

In 5 minutes you discredited yourself....

11 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

6 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Sorry if this issue is a bad blood feud between members.  I just wasnt sure as what is the right answer.  I like 698 as the variant cover has dr ock and spiderman together and is the issue where we see that dr ock is in peters body. 

It's definitely not 698.  "Superior Spider-man" is officially born once the mind swap is complete and he names himself (all in 700).

-J.

15 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

It's definitely not 698.  "Superior Spider-man" is officially born once the mind swap is complete and he names himself (all in 700).

-J.

and yet you argue that a partial image of Hush on a variant cover is his first appearance...

4 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

See this is why i like amazing 698 as the true 1st appearance of superior spiderman.  Sure ock doesnt call himself superior here, but he has swapped minds and is masquerading as spiderman.  

20181228_235847.jpg

Nice book. 

Did you read it?

He doesn't become "Superior" until Peter dies, which is his inspiration (a la the death of Uncle Ben) to be an "All New SUPERIOR Hero", explicitly INTRODUCED in ASM 700.

-J.

AmazingSpider-Man700Ditko-1.jpg

Edited by Jaydogrules