• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is trimmed right? (Torchy)

5 posts in this topic

got this and knew about the tape and the piece added. Thought about removing the piece in hopes of subbing it for a blue label but then I looked closer and Im pretty sure this is trimming.... Im right? Look at the bottom edge betwen the tape and the corner thing...

20181226_191002.thumb.jpg.6653fc26de973b34d26b676c85ebcffb.jpg

just a little more detail on what Im seeing. This is the area in question. 

When I look at the interior overhang to the left of the red area vs in the red area there is less interior poking out from under the cover on the left than on the right side...

torchy.thumb.png.dce144507ba5e2ad699a080d6459dbfb.png

And it looks like there is an angle to the cover edge as it transitions from the left (more cover covering the interior) to the right (less cover covering the interior)

torchy2.thumb.png.f5c9d593f6e09dfb5985625797180dbe.png

15 hours ago, HighStakesComics said:

IMHO, the lower edge of the cover does not look uniform enough to consider trimmed. Also, I think the piece re-attached by tape would still get a blue label. I believe CGC would grade it like the piece was missing/detached though. Just my $.02.

This, exactly. I think any impression of trim is being caused by the wear/piece on that bottom edge area. I sincerely doubt that this will generate a trimmed CGC finding.

It's interesting to note that in many cases of trimming, the book will actually appear to be more evenly cut than normal. In fact, that's one of the things I look for to determine whether a book has been trimmed or not. 

I don't see anything on this book to validate trimming, but it's good you're taking the time to look closer...