• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So is CGC handing out 7.5s to books with subscription creases now??

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

@Bomber-Bob is definitely correct.  Subscription crease is nowhere to be found on the book in the 4.5 case.

Screenshot 2018-12-27 23.49.11(2).png

This confirms it 100% - not that it was really questionable. That 4.5 looked exactly how a CGC 7.5 usually looks, but yes I guess you never know what's inside.

I wonder if there is any way to resolve this. If I was the submitter of these books I would definitely ask for some explanations. I mean he should be able to notice the error by himself, but that's what their quality control department should also do, right? In this case it was an error that caused him a loss of at least $1K, even though he has probably not realised it yet. 

On 12/28/2018 at 7:58 AM, SECollector said:

That 4.5 that was meant to be a 7.5 looks like it can be a candidate for an 8.0 after a pressing, according to the notes. 

:tonofbricks:

The seller has it back, and now it's in a 7.5 label.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-15-CGC-7-5-1st-App-KRAVEN/233130269640?hash=item3647a59bc8:g:EY4AAOSwALdcYho7:rk:18:pf:0&autorefresh=true

He must have talked his neutral feedback guy in to shipping it back.

I really wish I knew if that buyer knew how lucky he should have felt.  :facepalm:

Bad news is, in 3 months the page quality changed from OW to Cream to OW.

:tonofbricks:

Wow... this is fascinating....

On 12/28/2018 at 11:44 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

Well gang it looks like we got ourselves another mystery.

0ce995a23489e8817fee59193128f445bec4446c

All I know is I've got multiple multiple copies in the process of getting pressed and slabbed. I'm gonna watch these bad boys like a HAWK!!! :)