• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-CLOSED- 1/2 I'M BAAAAACK!! FS: XMEN 50 6.5 SS, SS4 CGC 7.0, RAW PLANET COMICS 53

40 posts in this topic

And the collection butchery continues...:sorry:

I've been a buyer and seller here on the boards many times and I also have many satisfied comic customers on ebay (ebay id able-pawn). Check out my kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8328005#Post8328005

First :takeit: in thread OR by pm trumps any negotiations or discussions (YOU MUST SPECIFY DESIRED BOOK OR BOOKS) .  No HOSers or Probies.  Paypal preferred but I may consider other methods (check, money order) if contacted first before taking it.  No returns on CGC graded books.  Raw books may be returned within 7 days of receipt IF not as described or undisclosed restoration is present.  Book must be returned in EXACT condition received.

I reserve the right to not do business with boardies on my personal "Do-Not-Sell-To" & "More-Trouble-Than-They-Are-Worth" lists (chances are you're on my ignore list too, so don't expect any replies).

Shipping within the US via USPS Priority is $8 for first raw book and $1 for each additional raw book. Slabs are $13 for the first and $2 for each additional.  No international shipping at this time...very sorry :(

Please feel free to pm me with any questions or offers or if you need better pics...Thanks for looking at my stuff!

Edited by Mystafo

Planet Comics #69 CGC 6.5 OW Universal - was $450 $400 $375 NOW SOLD!!  Picked this one up from Dave & Adams earlier this year already graded.  Amazing colors.  Tiny split at upper corner.  Small scuff/scratch on case between "L" and "A" in PLANET.  No cracks in case.

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

1 hour ago, Mystafo said:

And the collection butchery continues...:sorry:

I've been a buyer and seller here on the boards many times and I also have many satisfied comic customers on ebay (ebay id able-pawn). Check out my kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8328005#Post8328005

First :takeit: in thread OR by pm trumps any negotiations or discussions (YOU MUST SPECIFY DESIRED BOOK OR BOOKS) .  No HOSers or Probies.  Paypal preferred but I may consider other methods (check, money order) if contacted first before taking it.  No returns on CGC graded books.  Raw books may be returned within 7 days of receipt IF not as described or undisclosed restoration is present.  Book must be returned in EXACT condition received.

I reserve the right to not do business with boardies on my personal "Do-Not-Sell-To" & "More-Trouble-Than-They-Are-Worth" lists (chances are you're on my ignore list too, so don't expect any replies).

Shipping within the US via USPS Priority is $8 for first raw book and $1 for each additional raw book. Slabs are $13 for the first and $2 for each additional.  No international shipping at this time...very sorry :(

Please feel free to pm me with any questions or offers or if you need better pics...Thanks for looking at my stuff!

What happened to the 65?

Planet Comics #63 4.0/4.5 (Q) OW/W - was $150 NOW SOLD!!  Sold this one in the last thread but I neglected to describe (or notice even) that there is a small hole with a tear in one of the pages and the residue of a sticker on the next page.  The hole affects a small amount of art and the sticker residue covers 3-4 words in a bubble so readability is very slightly affected.  Solid book with great color.  Couple long color breaking creases on right edge of the fc that go through guy in the machine at lower right.  Minor staple tears.  Couple tiny dents and dings on fc.  Approx. 1/2" split at bottom spine.  Bc has some color braking creasing and a small light reddish stain near center left on "TU" of "TULIP."  Cover and cf attached.  No rust on staples.

planet63fc.jpg.db3960fb39ac1d3b71bb5edb367d39bb.jpg

planet63bc.jpg.6e68ae98fea5bb5d357aafcfac67c2c4.jpg

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

3 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Planet Comics #63 4.0/4.5 (Q) OW/W - $150  Sold this one in the last thread but I neglected to describe (or notice even) that there is a small hole with a tear in one of the pages and the residue of a sticker on the next page.  The hole affects a small amount of art and the sticker residue covers 3-4 words in a bubble so readability is very slightly affected.  Solid book with great color.  Couple long color breaking creases on right edge of the fc that go through guy in the machine at lower right.  Minor staple tears.  Couple tiny dents and dings on fc.  Approx. 1/2" split at bottom spine.  Bc has some color braking creasing and a small light reddish stain near center left on "TU" of "TULIP."  Cover and cf attached.  No rust on staples.

planet63fc.jpg.db3960fb39ac1d3b71bb5edb367d39bb.jpg

planet63bc.jpg.6e68ae98fea5bb5d357aafcfac67c2c4.jpg

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

:takeit:

Here's another blast from the past...or past sales fodder if you will!

Inhumans #1 9.8 W SS George Perez & Doug Moench - was $250 NOW SOLD!! Very, very nice 9.8.  Owned this one raw and had Rich Henn get the sigs for me.  The book was pressed.  Case is in great shape with maybe 1 or 2 light scuffs / scratches but no cracks.

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

Here's another Planet...I also made a little price adjustment on the 69.

Planet Comics #70 CGC 4.0 Universal OW/W - was $550  $500 NOW SOLD!!  Oh now this stings a bit...REALLY nicely presenting book for the grade.  Dark and colorful inks with minimal color breaking creases in the black areas.  There is an approx. 1" spine split at the bottom spine and a couple of small tears at the bottom edge center of bc.  Split look fibrous and is not a clean-edged break, which would, to me, indicate brittleness. Some very small stains mostly in the "A" and "N" of PLANET on fc.  Staples look mostly clean with just a little bit of discoloration on the outer edges.  Case is in nice shape with no cracks.

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

On 12/28/2018 at 8:04 AM, Mystafo said:

Here's another Planet...I also made a little price adjustment on the 69.

Planet Comics #70 CGC 4.0 Universal OW/W - was $550  NOW $500!!  Oh now this stings a bit...REALLY nicely presenting book for the grade.  Dark and colorful inks with minimal color breaking creases in the black areas.  There is an approx. 1" spine split at the bottom spine and a couple of small tears at the bottom edge center of bc.  Split look fibrous and is not a clean-edged break, which would, to me, indicate brittleness. Some very small stains mostly in the "A" and "N" of PLANET on fc.  Staples look mostly clean with just a little bit of discoloration on the outer edges.  Case is in nice shape with no cracks.

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

:takeit:

On 12/27/2018 at 12:54 PM, Mystafo said:

Planet Comics #69 CGC 6.5 OW Universal - was $450 $400 NOW $375!!  Picked this one up from Dave & Adams earlier this year already graded.  Amazing colors.  Tiny split at upper corner.  Small scuff/scratch on case between "L" and "A" in PLANET.  No cracks in case.

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

I'll take it

Planet Comics 53 7.0-ish C/OW - $500  I bought this one from Jimbo a few months back as a 7.0 and I agree with his assessment  It's structurally nice but doesn't have the darkest color strike in the world (has the more orange than red logo and woman's dress).  There is a tiny little chip out of the upper center right edge of the fc. Tiny bindary tear bottom left corner.  Narrow sun shadow at top edge of bc.  I also took some up close pics of the staples at the cf...both are well attached but if you look at the upper tine of the top staple there is a little tear behind it.  The tine seems to sit on paper and the tear looks like it might have been made when the machine that staples the books inserted it before it was bent over the paper.  Anyhoo, that's just my opinion on looking at it up close.  Staples are both clean and rust free.

planet53fc.jpg.223f7a9ed5d5b7a2078b5b063cedfb8b.jpg

planet53bc.jpg.fc5512850f350c13719167035e901e93.jpg

DSC_0135.JPG.b915dd7edfd0a35d05a40514b6842884.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG.b467752febdac25fafffa51409c87291.JPG

Edited by Mystafo