• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-CLOSED- 1/2 I'M BAAAAACK!! FS: XMEN 50 6.5 SS, SS4 CGC 7.0, RAW PLANET COMICS 53

40 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, misterrmystery said:

Attempting to send you a pm. Says you can't receive messages. (shrug)

that is an intermittent board error, as near as I've been able to tell.  Try again later or have @Mystafo send you a message.

Edited by lizards2

Fantastic Four #5 ex-CGC 4.5 OW/W Restored (color touch) -$1800  Bought this graded and cracked it out to see if the color touch had bled through too badly.  There is some extremely minor bleedthrough, but its very hard to see.  I believe the color touch is on the spine creases at approx mid spine and a crease in the black area to the right of Sue Richards' head (some of these areas are visible in the 3rd and 4th pics).  Slight wrinkling to cover but no visible water damage that I can see.  Staples are both attached at the cover but there are some moderate staple tears and the staples have a very slight amount of rust on the outer edges that hasn't migrated onto the paper.  Cf is detached at lower staple.  There is a small flap tear at the bottom of the spine onto the bc.  In a couple of white areas on the fc & bc there is some shmutz / residue but not really stains as the haven't soaked into the paper...just kind of sitting on top.  Tiny stain at very top edge of fc.  I accidentally tore the very right edge of the label off in my fervor to free the book from the slab. .

DSC_0363.JPG

DSC_0364.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0331.JPG

DSC_0340.JPG

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0345.JPG

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0369.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0348.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

Silver Surfer #4 CGC 7.0 Universal OW/W - $500  Bought raw and had pressed by Joey prior to grading.  No cracks or chips in case. 

edit-Took a couple of additional photos of the right edge on the Surfer's board...there is a little (approx. 1/8") tear there as well as a little flap with a rough edge that was pressed back into place.  There is no chip in the cover on the board, only a flattened, slightly dingy / fibrous little flap. 

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

DSC_0383.JPG

DSC_0386.JPG

DSC_0387.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

DSC_0404.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

Batman 251 CGC SS 8.0 W Adams & O'Neil - was $550 NOW SOLD! Dark color strike.  Bought this one as a blue label and sent to Rich Henn for the sigs.  I didn't have the book pressed, but I don't know if it was pressed before I purchased it.  There is a small light stain on the center left edge of the bc (see pic).  No chips or cracks in the case.

DSC_0391.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0395.JPG

DSC_0396.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

Amazing Spider-Man #252 .75 Cent Canadian Price Variant CGC 9.6 Universal W - $400  Ok, I know this one is on the verge of not being BA but its the only one I promise!  VERY nice 9.6...I've owned 9.8s that didn't look as good.  I purchased the book already slabbed so I'm unsure as to the pressing status.  CGC neglected to note that it is the Canadian price variant, however this wasn't too unusual for them to forget a few years back.  No chips or cracks in the case.

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0399.JPG

DSC_0400.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0403.JPG

Suspense Comics #11 CGC 1.5 Universal OW - was $700 NOW SOLD!! One of the nicest presenting 1.5s you'll ever see!  Great reds, yellows and greens on this baby.  The big defect is that someone once upon a time cut the lost and found clerk out of the back cover as well as the little pink puff on the other guy's jacket.  No cracks or chips on the slab.

DSC_0415.JPG

DSC_0416.JPG

DSC_0417.JPG

DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

X-Men #50 CGC SS Steranko 6.5 OW/W - $200  A tightly graded 6.5 with nice sig placement.  I bought this one as is so not sure if it was pressed or not...but it still looks like it has some pressable defects and the spine seems to have good plumpness so I wouldn't guess that it was.  No cracks or chips in case.

DSC_0408.JPG

DSC_0409.JPG

DSC_0410.JPG

DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

DSC_0414.JPG

5 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Batman 251 CGC SS 8.0 W Adams & O'Neil - $550  Dark color strike.  Bought this one as a blue label and sent to Rich Henn for the sigs.  I didn't have the book pressed, but I don't know if it was pressed before I purchased it.  There is a small light stain on the center left edge of the bc (see pic).  No chips or cracks in the case.

DSC_0391.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

DSC_0393.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0395.JPG

DSC_0396.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

I'll take it!

43 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Suspense Comics #11 CGC 1.5 Universal OW - $700  One of the nicest presenting 1.5s you'll ever see!  Great reds, yellows and greens on this baby.  The big defect is that someone once upon a time cut the lost and found clerk out of the back cover as well as the little pink puff on the other guy's jacket.  No cracks or chips on the slab.

DSC_0415.JPG

DSC_0416.JPG

DSC_0417.JPG

DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

Take

6 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Amazing Spider-Man #252 .75 Cent Canadian Price Variant CGC 9.6 Universal W - $400  Ok, I know this one is on the verge of not being BA but its the only one I promise!  VERY nice 9.6...I've owned 9.8s that didn't look as good.  I purchased the book already slabbed so I'm unsure as to the pressing status.  CGC neglected to note that it is the Canadian price variant, however this wasn't too unusual for them to forget a few years back.  No chips or cracks in the case.

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0399.JPG

DSC_0400.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0403.JPG

Takin’ it!

On 1/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, Mystafo said:

Fantastic Four #5 ex-CGC 4.5 OW/W Restored (color touch) -$1800  Bought this graded and cracked it out to see if the color touch had bled through too badly.  There is some extremely minor bleedthrough, but its very hard to see.  I believe the color touch is on the spine creases at approx mid spine and a crease in the black area to the right of Sue Richards' head (some of these areas are visible in the 3rd and 4th pics).  Slight wrinkling to cover but no visible water damage that I can see.  Staples are both attached at the cover but there are some moderate staple tears and the staples have a very slight amount of rust on the outer edges that hasn't migrated onto the paper.  Cf is detached at lower staple.  There is a small flap tear at the bottom of the spine onto the bc.  In a couple of white areas on the fc & bc there is some shmutz / residue but not really stains as the haven't soaked into the paper...just kind of sitting on top.  Tiny stain at very top edge of fc.  I accidentally tore the very right edge of the label off in my fervor to free the book from the slab. .

DSC_0363.JPG

DSC_0364.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0331.JPG

DSC_0340.JPG

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0345.JPG

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0369.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0348.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

Take per PM.  

Ok, I've amassed the amount of funds I really needed so I'm going to close this for now as these are some of my favorite books and I really only wanted to sell what I had to.  I will be happy to answer any questions about anything left via pm if you think you might be able to change my mind, lol.  Many thanks to all those who picked something up or even just perused!